Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2021, 14:47   #1156
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am still a bit confused on the best route to take to Goa.
Hello adimicra
I drive a Fiat Avventura. If I start early morning (say around 4 am) is it possible to reach Colva, South Goa before sunset? Unless essential we don't intend to stay overnight enroute.

Last edited by ampere : 24th May 2022 at 06:23.
Old 18th December 2021, 11:02   #1157
BHPian

jvsatish,

The posts by adimicra on 7 November comprehensively covers the route conditions and you can blindly follow the same. You have two options to Hubli.

1) One suggested by adimicra: Hyderabad - Humnabad - Gulgarga - Bijapur - Hubli. This route is being taken by the majority of travelers going via Hubli.
2) Hyderabad - Bhutpur - Mahbubnagar - Raichur - Manvi - Sindhanur - Gangavati - Budugumpa Cross - Ginigera - Koppal - Gadag - Hubli bypass. This is the shortest route to Hubli and you can refer to the posts by Ravyale (post 36) and mpkhusas (post 38) in the Hyderabad - Hubli route Queries.

After Gangavati you have to take a right towards Budugumpa Cross. You do not enter Hampi/ Hospet. Hyderabad - Bhutpur is a divided 4 lane highway. Mahbubnagar-Raichur is also a divided Highway with work still going on (90% + completed). Raichur to Gangavati is a State Highway with speed breakers at the entry and exit of all villages. These speed breakers are there all over Karnataka state roads. Ginigera to Hubli is 90% complete and is an excellent road.

With a 4 am start you will be in Hubli by Noon/1 pm and Hubli - Colva will take you 3/4 hours.

Last edited by ampere : 24th May 2022 at 06:24.
hydtraveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 19:18   #1158
BHPian

Any idea how are road conditions between Hubli and Hospet since road widening work was going on. How soon it is expected to be completed?
Old 21st March 2022, 11:21   #1159
BHPian

Hi @Abhi.Kapz ,@jvsatish

Did you guys went ahead with the trip? If yes, which pet friendly hotel did you choose for your halt during the journey?
I am also planning to travel with my pet dog. So any recommendations would be really helpful.

Also, which hotel/homestay did you stay in Goa with you pet?
Old 27th March 2022, 07:51   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsharma359 View Post
Hi @Abhi.Kapz ,@jvsatish

Did you guys went ahead with the trip? If yes, which pet friendly hotel did you choose for your halt during the journey?
I am also planning to travel with my pet dog. So any recommendations would be really helpful.

Also, which hotel/homestay did you stay in Goa with you pet?
Hi Rohit,
Hyd to Goa, we broke journey at this hotel https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/s/W5KZC (Hotel Ratnasagar at Yaragatti).
It's 527 km from Hyd.
There were no objections to our pet.
In Goa we stayed in Agonda Beach, Saxony Beach resort and the resort had no objection to our pet.
ColAjayDrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 11:05   #1161

Hi @rohitsharma359,

I live in Goa and was visiting my sister in Hyderabad. Broke our journey at Badami, Bagalkot and stayed at https://www.kanthiresorts.com/ both while driving to Hyderabad and again on my return to Goa. Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-img_1231.jpeg

Conveniently located about 270 kms from North Goa and 390 kms from Shamsabad. Found it on Booking.com.

In goa there is no dearth of pet-friendly hotels. In my experience, Booking.com is very handy in finding such hotels/resorts, as it has a search filter for pet-friendly places.
Abhi.Kapz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 15:56   #1162
BHPian

Hi All,

So we are planning to go to Goa on 14th April. Our stay is in agonda and was wondering what route should we take?

- Google Maps suggested Hyderabad-Raichur-Hubli-Ankola-Agonda
- Other Route is through Vijayapura

We are planning to cover the whole trip in 1 day as we are only going for few days. What time shall we start? Should we start early in the morning like 4? or shall we start at night at 12? Is the route safe to travel at night?

Does Ankola-Agonda route also have ghat section?

Any help/suggestions would be really appreciated.
Old 6th April 2022, 19:06   #1163
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsharma359 View Post
Hi All,

So we are planning to go to Goa on 14th April. Our stay is in agonda and was wondering what route should we take?

- Google Maps suggested Hyderabad-Raichur-Hubli-Ankola-Agonda
- Other Route is through Vijayapura

We are planning to cover the whole trip in 1 day as we are only going for few days. What time shall we start? Should we start early in the morning like 4? or shall we start at night at 12? Is the route safe to travel at night?

Does Ankola-Agonda route also have ghat section?

Any help/suggestions would be really appreciated.
I did the trip last year around the same time. However, I had stayed in north Goa, then moved to south Goa and then came back.
I reside in Miyapur, this may be the reason, why Raichur is not suggested by Google maps.
The return road was very good and scenic, there was normal ghat section around Ankola, nothing to be worried about.
I have shared my time line screenshot, you can see and decide. While coming back, there was a 50 min jam due to some political rally, which is shown as another fuel stop in the image, however, Safari has a 65 litre Diesel tank and I don't need to stop for fuel for a 700 km trip.
If I had to make another trip like you, I will start at 4 or 5 in the morning and have dinner at Agonda Beach.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-screenshot_2022_0406_185506.jpg  

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-screenshot_20220406_185353.jpg  

Old 15th April 2022, 13:53   #1164
BHPian

Here's a brief trip report on a recent family trip to Goa. We had two kids with us so we broke our journey midway.

Cars: Ford Ecosport & Honda City

Hyderabad -> Goa

Date: 30 March 2022

Took this route via Humnabad - Vijaypura - Hubli - Anmod - Mollem - Candolim
  • We broke our journey in Hubli (The President Hotel). The Hotel is just about average, with decent food. Good enough for a one-night-stay.
  • Except for the bad patches between Dharwad and Ramnagar, the rest of the road is in a decent condition.
  • Karnataka has a billion speed breakers. As a result, the fully loaded City had to drive really really slowly to reduce how much of the body was scraping the speed breakers.
  • The ghat road is in a good condition at the moment. Some parts on the Karnataka side are under construction. However, the Goa side is just amazing! Butter smooth with clear markings.
  • While going to Goa we were stopped at the Karnataka border and the vehicle documents were checked. No vaccination certificate or RT-PCR checking.

Goa -> Hyderabad

Date: 9 April 2022

• Took the same route as last time but broke the journey at The Fern, Vijaypura instead.
  • It has lots of parking space so you don't have to entrust your car to a valet. The food is good and the rooms are decent as well. The breakfast was good - decent spread plus they have a live counter as well.
  • We were stopped at Karnataka border again for the mandatory liquor check. We had none with us so we were let off after a casual check. Again no vaccination or RT-PCR checking.

Last edited by JoeTheWanderer : 15th April 2022 at 13:56.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 19:52   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheWanderer View Post
Here's a brief trip report on a recent family trip to Goa. We had two kids with us so we broke our journey midway.

[[/list]
Thanks JoeTheWanderer. What times did you take for the journey ?
Old 20th May 2022, 13:51   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Thanks JoeTheWanderer. What times did you take for the journey ?
If you start at 4am from Hyderabad then you can be in North Goa around 2/3 pm.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 02:34   #1167

I travelled last week from Hyderabad to North Goa, and then back. Took the pretty usual route of Hyderabad - > Humnabad - > Kalaburagi - > Vijayapura - > Bagalkot - > Belagavi - > Chorla Ghat - > Candolim. I had travelled on this route back in 2020, and so was more comfortable with this rather than taking the Hubli route which a lot of folks suggested in previous posts.

The Chorla ghat road was in pristine condition. It is free of any potholes, and most likely recently repaired and widened. It seems even Google maps didn't anticipate that as I ended up saving almost 40 mins between Belagavi and Candolim compared to the initial estimates! The rest of the route was OK. You just have to be careful about the continuous series of speed breakers between Humnabad to Vijayapura.

No police checking anywhere on the route. At the Goa border, they stopped the car for a moment, saw that it was a family and let us go.

Hyderabad to Goa took us 12 hours of driving time. We left around 1 am (I like driving at night), and so beat most of the traffic. The return journey was longer as it was during the day, and was roughly around 13 hours.
vimarshpratap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 14:11   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimarshpratap View Post
I travelled last week from Hyderabad to North Goa, and then back. Took the pretty usual route of Hyderabad - > Humnabad - > Kalaburagi - > Vijayapura - > Bagalkot - > Belagavi - > Chorla Ghat - > Candolim. I had travelled on this route back in 2020, and so was more comfortable with this rather than taking the Hubli route which a lot of folks suggested in previous posts.

The Chorla ghat road was in pristine condition. It is free of any potholes, and most likely recently repaired and widened. It seems even Google maps didn't anticipate that as I ended up saving almost 40 mins between Belagavi and Candolim compared to the initial estimates! The rest of the route was OK. You just have to be careful about the continuous series of speed breakers between Humnabad to Vijayapura.

No police checking anywhere on the route. At the Goa border, they stopped the car for a moment, saw that it was a family and let us go.

Hyderabad to Goa took us 12 hours of driving time. We left around 1 am (I like driving at night), and so beat most of the traffic. The return journey was longer as it was during the day, and was roughly around 13 hours.
Thanks Vimarsh - How was the road condition between Bagalkot to Belgaum. Last time I traveled on that stretch about 6 months back - the road surface was kinda patchy - some potholes - poor state highway type.
Old 24th May 2022, 03:41   #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Thanks Vimarsh - How was the road condition between Bagalkot to Belgaum. Last time I traveled on that stretch about 6 months back - the road surface was kinda patchy - some potholes - poor state highway type.
The road condition was good. I didn't find any potholes or bad roads, and there was just one place where there was a diversion because a bridge was under construction. While returning from Goa, I had to cross that stretch in the evening / dusk, and that was a pain due to the amount of traffic on that road. It's really hard to overtake if you get stuck behind a series of trucks.

But besides that, it was a decent highway. It's possible that might change after the monsoons!
vimarshpratap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 13:02   #1170
BHPian

I am planning hyderabad to North Goa(Calangute beach) on 23rd July. Can someone suggest best route. I don't drive in night so I can start at 5 AM from hyderabad. Google map shows around 13-13.5 hrs. Will it take this time.
Do I need to be careful for speed cams within Telangana.

In return, I am doing multiple stop. Goa -> Gokarna -> Dandeli -> Hampi -> Hyderabad.

Planning to do this whole trip with in 14 days duration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks