Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2017, 21:58   #871
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Guys : How is the route to Goa via. Sadem-Gulbarbaga-Bijapur-Belgaum-Amboli-Panjim?

Took this route in August! Is there a better route and road conditions please?
Old 6th March 2017, 10:12   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Guys : How is the route to Goa via. Sadem-Gulbarbaga-Bijapur-Belgaum-Amboli-Panjim?

Took this route in August! Is there a better route and road conditions please?
We traveled to Goa and back via Sadem-Bijapur-Belgaum in January/February of this year. Except for some stretches in Telangana before Sadem and between Gulbarga-Bijapur, its an excellent drive all the way to Belgaum. Particularly the section between Bagalkot and Belgaum is a real pleasure to drive on.

Since we were heading to South Goa, we traveled via the Anmod Ghat, but I understand, it is also a gateway to Panaji, via Ponda.
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 15:30   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
We traveled to Goa and back via Sadem-Bijapur-Belgaum in January/February of this year. Except for some stretches in Telangana before Sadem and between Gulbarga-Bijapur, its an excellent drive all the way to Belgaum. Particularly the section between Bagalkot and Belgaum is a real pleasure to drive on.

Since we were heading to South Goa, we traveled via the Anmod Ghat, but I understand, it is also a gateway to Panaji, via Ponda.
Thanks Zeze

Planning to take this route while going :

Hyderabad-Parigi-Sedam-Gulbarga-Jewargi-Bijapur-Bagalkote-Belgaum-Amboli Ghat-North Goa

Planning to take this route while coming back :

North Goa-Chorla Ghat-Belgaum-Bagalkote-Bijapur-Jewargi-Gulbara-Sedam-Parigi-Hyderabad

I know most of above route is pretty decent. I'm looking for some recent feedbacks on stretches between Gulbarga to Jewargi and Jewargi to Bijapur.
Old 6th March 2017, 18:56   #874
BHPian

Quote:
.........I'm looking for some recent feedbacks on stretches between Gulbarga to Jewargi and Jewargi to Bijapur.
Between Jewargi and Bijapur, widening and/or raising the level of the road was being undertaken at the time we traveled. Net result is that some stretches of the road narrow considerably.

Between Jewargi and Gulbarga the road condition was okay but because of the proximity to Gulbarga, the traffic density is higher.
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 11:27   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Zeze

Hyderabad-Parigi-Sedam-Gulbarga-Jewargi-Bijapur-Bagalkote-Belgaum-Amboli Ghat-North Goa

North Goa-Chorla Ghat-Belgaum-Bagalkote-Bijapur-Jewargi-Gulbara-Sedam-Parigi-Hyderabad

I know most of above route is pretty decent. I'm looking for some recent feedbacks on stretches between Gulbarga to Jewargi and Jewargi to Bijapur.
Go via Raichur & Bagalkot.
Old 7th March 2017, 11:42   #876
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Go via Raichur & Bagalkot.
Can you share the full route that you are recommending? Also, any update on recent condition of same?

I hear this route is full of speed breakers (100+ minimum) and will really slow us down
Old 9th March 2017, 10:57   #877

I went to Panaji on 3rd March and I took the Hyd - Parigi - Sedam - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Bagalkot - Belgavi - Chorla Ghat - panaji Route. We started around 5:30 am and reached Panaji by 8 pm with multiple stopovers (1 hour in Bijapur for Gol Gumbhaz tour) and lunch at bagalkot (no good hotels on the way). Roads are good all the way except 1 or 2 patches between jeewargi and Bijapur.

On return - came to Hyd thorough Panaji - Londa - Hubli - Gadag - Koppal - Sindhanur - Raichur - Hyd. Started @ 8:30 am and reached home by 9 pm with 45 min lunch break. Roads are too good, but have to handle tons of big speed breakers on the way.
hyderabadi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 11:05   #878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyderabadi View Post
I went to Panaji on 3rd March and I took the Hyd - Parigi - Sedam - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Bagalkot - Belgavi - Chorla Ghat - panaji Route. We started around 5:30 am and reached Panaji by 8 pm with multiple stopovers (1 hour in Bijapur for Gol Gumbhaz tour) and lunch at bagalkot (no good hotels on the way). Roads are good all the way except 1 or 2 patches between jeewargi and Bijapur.

On return - came to Hyd thorough Panaji - Londa - Hubli - Gadag - Koppal - Sindhanur - Raichur - Hyd. Started @ 8:30 am and reached home by 9 pm with 45 min lunch break. Roads are too good, but have to handle tons of big speed breakers on the way.
Thanks for this feedback. Can you share a comparitive feedback between both these routes?

Approximately how many kms would be bad roads in each of these routes?

Also, which route of the above is preferred in your opinion and why?
Old 10th March 2017, 11:20   #879

Quote:
Thanks for this feedback. Can you share a comparitive feedback between both these routes?

Approximately how many kms would be bad roads in each of these routes?
Also, which route of the above is preferred in your opinion and why?

There are no bad roads from Hyd - goa in both routes as we have rough roads on the way for a while.
  • Route 1:
    • Hyd- Parigi - Road is good.
    • Parigi -Sedam - Road is little bumpy once in a while but easily maintain 80KMPH
    • Sedam - Gulbarga - Best road - maintain 100 - 120kmph
    • Gulbarga - Jeewargi - Bijapur - Road is little bumpy nearing Jeewargi and road expansion work is going on at some places between Jeewargi and Bijapur. Couple of rough patches between Jeewargi and Sindghi, but overall you can maintain 75 - 90 kpmh
    • Bijapur - Bagalkot : Road is smooth easily maintain 100 kmph
    • Bagalkot - Belgavi - Road is excellent all the way, but watch out for speadbreakers nearing to Belgavi. 90 - 110 kmph
    • Belgavi - Chorla - Panaji - Ghat road starts after 10 kms from Belgavi. Road is good but ghat road all the way to goa checkpost (tollgate).
  • Route 2:
    • Hyd - Boothpur - Highway 4 lane, easily maintain 110-120 kmph
    • Boothpur - Mahaboobnagar - Raichur: Road is good overall, rough patches between Devarakadra and Marikal. and series of speadbreakers near Raichur Thermal Plant will slow you down.
    • Raichur - Sindhanur - Gangavathi - Koppal: Tons of big Speedbreakers on the way, Have to slowdown multiple time at every village on the way. The road is good and 2 toll entries between Gangawati and Koppal.
    • Koppal - Gadag - Hubli: Road is little rough once in a while, but good overall. Road expansion work is going on between Hubli and Gadag.
    • Hubli - Dharwad - Londa - Panaji: Road is good, Toll is there between hubli and dharwad on Bang - Mumbai bypass highway (that too Single Road). Route is scenic as lot of forest to cross on the way.
Overall the Route 2 is 10 - 15km short of Route 1.
Only prob is need to slowdown big speedbreakers in route 2 , where as Route 1 had smaller ones compare to Route 1.

if you are planning for Panjim or North Goa, use Route 1
If the destination is South Goa, use Route 2.

Last edited by ampere : 12th March 2017 at 11:20. Reason: Formatted post for readablity
hyderabadi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 07:35   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Zeze

I took the same routes to and fro Goa in October. The road overall is in very good condition except the stretch between Jevargi and Bijapur which is peeled off for almost 40 to 50 kms but easily managable.
HighwayHopper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 11:17   #881
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As earlier suggested I think you should stick to Raichur-Bagalkot. Bagalkot-Belgaum is as usual good and you have Sankam and Fairfield Mariott in Belgaum.

So that way Belgaum has to be a major stopover point. Humps via Raichur is known' cant help much I guess. One option can be drive on NH7 to get to Gadwal and there on to Raichur. But I dont know how is that link today.
Old 12th March 2017, 19:16   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As earlier suggested I think you should stick to Raichur-Bagalkot. Bagalkot-Belgaum is as usual good and you have Sankam and Fairfield Mariott in Belgaum.

So that way Belgaum has to be a major stopover point. Humps via Raichur is known' cant help much I guess. One option can be drive on NH7 to get to Gadwal and there on to Raichur. But I dont know how is that link today.
NO NO NO . Do not try Gadwal - Raichur stretch. Unless you hate your car / ride.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 20:55   #883
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
NO NO NO . Do not try Gadwal - Raichur stretch. Unless you hate your car / ride.
Big Thanks! Thats why I mentioned about no idea about that link. So looks like its horrible to say the least!
Old 17th March 2017, 12:05   #884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyderabadi View Post
There are no bad roads from Hyd - goa in both routes as we have rough roads on the way for a while.
  • Route 1:
    • Hyd- Parigi - Road is good.
    • Parigi -Sedam - Road is little bumpy once in a while but easily maintain 80KMPH
    • Sedam - Gulbarga - Best road - maintain 100 - 120kmph
    • Gulbarga - Jeewargi - Bijapur - Road is little bumpy nearing Jeewargi and road expansion work is going on at some places between Jeewargi and Bijapur. Couple of rough patches between Jeewargi and Sindghi, but overall you can maintain 75 - 90 kpmh
    • Bijapur - Bagalkot : Road is smooth easily maintain 100 kmph
    • Bagalkot - Belgavi - Road is excellent all the way, but watch out for speadbreakers nearing to Belgavi. 90 - 110 kmph
    • Belgavi - Chorla - Panaji - Ghat road starts after 10 kms from Belgavi. Road is good but ghat road all the way to goa checkpost (tollgate).
  • Route 2:
    • Hyd - Boothpur - Highway 4 lane, easily maintain 110-120 kmph
    • Boothpur - Mahaboobnagar - Raichur: Road is good overall, rough patches between Devarakadra and Marikal. and series of speadbreakers near Raichur Thermal Plant will slow you down.
    • Raichur - Sindhanur - Gangavathi - Koppal: Tons of big Speedbreakers on the way, Have to slowdown multiple time at every village on the way. The road is good and 2 toll entries between Gangawati and Koppal.
    • Koppal - Gadag - Hubli: Road is little rough once in a while, but good overall. Road expansion work is going on between Hubli and Gadag.
    • Hubli - Dharwad - Londa - Panaji: Road is good, Toll is there between hubli and dharwad on Bang - Mumbai bypass highway (that too Single Road). Route is scenic as lot of forest to cross on the way.
Overall the Route 2 is 10 - 15km short of Route 1.
Only prob is need to slowdown big speedbreakers in route 2 , where as Route 1 had smaller ones compare to Route 1.

if you are planning for Panjim or North Goa, use Route 1
If the destination is South Goa, use Route 2.
3 of us rode our motorcycles last weekend to goa and did almost the same route as mentioned above with some minor changes as below

Onward

Hyderabad-Parigi-Sedam-Gulbarga-Bagalkot-Bijapur-Belgaum-Amboli Ghat-North Goa

Roads were not that great after Bijapur and most of the tarmac was rough. Nothing too bad and you can keep up a 100-110kmph in a car but, for riding a bike it was not a very pleasant surface

Amboli Ghat surprisingly was not in great condition against the beautiful surface it had when I drove through it in August 2016

We reached goa in 14 hours after multiple stops ( almost 1 stop every 1 to 1.5 hour for drinking water/breakfast/lunch stops)

Return

North Goa-Chorla Ghat-Belgaum-Lingasur-Hungund-Raichur-Deverkand-Bhootpur-Jadcherla-Hyderabad

This was brilliant route all through except for some speed breakers in some areas like Lingasure-Hungund-Raichur but, the roads are superb and we were able to keep a brisk pace

We took 13.5 hours for this distance with several stops and I going ahead for 15kms and returning back to join the other 2 riders near Mahboobnagar

Had to take a right to Deverkand that connects to Bangalore highway and need not go via. Mahboobnagar. Nice small interior road for 22kms and connects to NH44 at Bhootpur and Hyderabad is about 95kms from there via. Bangalore Highway
Old 17th March 2017, 14:04   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Return

North Goa-Chorla Ghat-Belgaum-Lingasur-Hungund-Raichur-Deverkand-Bhootpur-Jadcherla-Hyderabad
I guess you meant 'Lingsugur' when you mentioned 'Lingasur'. So did you touch Bagalkot on both ways?

And when you said the route beyond Bijapur wasn't great in your onward journey, were you referring to the Bijapur to Bagalkot stretch? I was under the impression that the Jevargi to Bijapur stretch wasn't good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks