Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:41   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Even in Bijapur,stay options are very limited and considering the fact that Lazyrider is on a bike?I definitely dont think it is a great idea to be doing the stretches beyond Bijapur in the darkness.

Yes Sankeshwar-Gadhinglaj is any day better than Nipani-Uttur-Ajra.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:49   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrider View Post
I am also considering the below route based on the inputs received.

Hyd-Humnabad-Bijapur via SH218-Sankeshwar-Sawantwadi-Vagator

How is the road between Bijapur and Sankeshwar?
Are there any options for a night halt(after Bijaput) on this route?
Bijapur-Bagalkot-Lokapur-Yargatti-Gokak-Sankeshwar-Gadhiglaj-Amboli-Sawantwadi route is in Very good condition. After Sawantwadi, from Banda till Goa border (Approx 15 kms) is not good.

You have a option of Yargatti-Belgaum-Amboli also which is in Very good condition.

Do not venture to Chikkodi-Nipani route that is in Bad condition.

You will not need to stay anywhere after Bijapur. If you start from Bijapur after breakfast, with leisurely driving, in approx 7-8 hours you should reach Vagator. In case you take Belgaum route you have 2-3 good hotels (Sankam, Sanman, Eefa) for lunch on the route itself.

All these hotels are also good to stay overnight. But Bijapur-Belgaum is not more than 3-4 hours.
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:59   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
@Prabin,how was the stay at Bijapur-hotel details please?
As mentioned Hotel Pearl is a good stay option in Bijapur. It is bang on the main road and clean AC room (I paid Rs1180/- for a deluxe room). In addition, there is a security guard through the night so that you can safely leave most of the luggage in the car. He washed my scorpio and got it ready by 5:30am as well.
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:39   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabingade View Post
As mentioned Hotel Pearl is a good stay option in Bijapur. It is bang on the main road and clean AC room (I paid Rs1180/- for a deluxe room). In addition, there is a security guard through the night so that you can safely leave most of the luggage in the car. He washed my scorpio and got it ready by 5:30am as well.
Apart from what is said above, there is a restaurant at lower ground floor level and the Food served is reasonably ok. Room service is also Ok
Old 3rd November 2011, 20:14   #245
BHPian

I have decided to take the below route after considering all the feedback.

Hyderabad-Solapur-Mangalwedha-Sangole-Kolhapur-Sankeshwar-Sawantwadi-Amboli-Vagator.
Kolhapur seems like the best option for a night halt and Kolhapur-Vagator is only 200 Km, can reach Vagator by 10-11 AM. Another reason is the famous Tambda Rassa (Red mutton curry) & Misal which you get in Kolhapur.
Can also avoid the speedbreakers, which are pretty irritating when you are on a bike.

Will post the road conditions once I return.
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:47   #246
BHPian

Quote:
I have decided to take the below route after considering all the feedback.

Hyderabad-Solapur-Mangalwedha-Sangole-Kolhapur-Sankeshwar-Sawantwadi-Amboli-Vagator.
Kolhapur seems like the best option for a night halt and Kolhapur-Vagator is only 200 Km, can reach Vagator by 10-11 AM. Another reason is the famous Tambda Rassa (Red mutton curry) & Misal which you get in Kolhapur.
Can also avoid the speedbreakers, which are pretty irritating when you are on a bike.

Will post the road conditions once I return.
Good choice of night halt at Kolhapur.
Lot of Blind curves between Sankeshwar and Sawantvadi and beyond. Look out for incoming traffic. Have a safe drive and update the details of your drive
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 11:00   #247
Senior - BHPian

Route condition update from my side:

original post in mumbai-pune-goa route condition thread.

3] sankeshwar-gadhinglaj: 15 km border road, 10 km in average condition, remaining 5km before gadhinglaj broken tarmac.

4] gadhinglaj-ajara: 22 km average road with occasional potholes but road repairing is in full swing.

5] aajra-amboli: 33 km mixed road, good roads till 10 km after aajra, then broken tarmac for next 10 km, then good road for next 5 km, then occasional broken tarmac till amboli.

6] amboli-ghat-danoli: 9 km ghat section is in best condition except 100 mtr stretch where landslide occurred this season.

7] danoli-banda: 15 km, surprise, surprise. As i quoted in another thread that i will try this route, i did.
1 km after danoli at foothill of amboli ghat, small road leads to banda avoiding sawantwadi.
As road condition between sawantwadi and banda and particularly after banda checkpost to goa checkpost is not in good condition, i was not expecting anything great about this direct route to banda.
I stopped at the junction near danoli looking for someone to inquire about road condition, suddenly , Goa registered car zipped toward banda by that small road. No guess, i followed that car.
To my surprise, though the road is narrow, too much ups and downs, the tarmac is good with occassional broken road, don't worry, road condition is faaaar better than sawantwadi-banda road. It took 25 min to cross this 15 km stretch and landed at banda touching NH17 just 1km before Goa checkpost.
This stretch passes through countryside, absolutely no facilities, do not travel on this section after sunset.
I reccomend this stretch to travel during daytime, you will save at least 15km extra travel, will save atleast 45min in time, will save from cops at banda checkpost.
I will post the pics of this stretch tomorrow.

7] banda-goa/patradevi checkpost: 1km, work is going on, bad condition.

8] patradevi checkpost-mhapsa-calangut: good road

Return journey:

9] patradevi checkpost-banda-banda checkpost-sawantwadi:
As wifey wanted to buy some wooden items at sawantwadi, i took regular route while returning.
Goa checkpost to banda checkpost 5km is in really bad condition.
Banda checkpost to swantwadi, the road is mixed but its pain to drive on this stretch.
I regretted n times that i took this route instead of banda-danoli direct route.
If possible, while coming from goa, take banda-danoli direct route, you will save lot of trouble, time, kms and cops.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 7th November 2011 at 11:01.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 09:13   #248
BHPian

Returned from Goa, rode all night, pretty eventful return journey, two mishaps, flat tyre, broken accelerator cable. a good experience nevertheless.
Took this route to Goa, Hyderabad-Solapur-Mangalwedha-Sangole-Kolhapur-Sankeshwar-Sawantwadi-Amboli-Vagator.

Good roads on all stretches, except for a few negligible bad patches. Traffic between Miraj and Kolhapur is maddening. 50 Km of heavy traffic on a narrow road with no chance of overtaking. Avoid this road from 6PM to 9PM.

Return Journey, Goa-Amboli-Belgaum-Bagalkot-Raichur-Hyd. A fellow rider insisted we take this route, Goa-Belgaum strech via Amboli is good, bad roads throughout after that. Avoid at all costs.
lazyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 12:23   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Return Journey, Goa-Amboli-Belgaum-Bagalkot-Raichur-Hyd. A fellow rider insisted we take this route, Goa-Belgaum strech via Amboli is good, bad roads throughout after that. Avoid at all costs.
Has the stretch from Ambolim to Goa via Sawantwadi relaid? the last time i drove just after monsoon it was very bad
Old 28th November 2011, 22:41   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Has the stretch from Ambolim to Goa via Sawantwadi relaid? the last time i drove just after monsoon it was very bad
Most of the roads on this strech have been relaid except for 100-200 meters where you have to slow down, nothing too bad. The rest of the road is great and fun to drive/ride on.
Old 28th November 2011, 23:54   #251
BHPian

Hi

I am thinking of taking the Hyd (taking the BHEL) - Humnabad - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Hubli ( Night Halt ) - Haliyal - Ganeshgudi - Ramnagar - Anmod - Ponda - Goa route.

Please let me know if i need to change this route, i am a single driver in the car. Don't want to do night driving and want to keep to driving little relaxed.

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th November 2011, 09:39   #252
Senior - BHPian

I have not driven the above route you mentioned.
I have driven the route via Mahabubnagar-Raichur-Gangavathi-Koppal-Hubli-Karwar-Goa.
There are two stretches that are average.
Mahabubnagar-Raichur some potholes inbetween.
Gangawathi-Koppal via Budguppa cross roads.
These two stretches are average but manageble.
Hubli city you have ask for directions towards Goa.
Old 29th November 2011, 19:24   #253
BHPian

Last month (Around Oct 20-25th), I had taken the below to road:
Hyd-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Hubli-Karwar-Goa
Goa-Karwar-Hubli-Koppal-Gangawati-Raichur-Mahabubnagar-Hyderabad.

I strongly recommend taking the Gangawati-Raichur road as the condition from Bijapur to Hubli is quite bad. You can my comments on the road in #230.
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:53   #254
Senior - BHPian

@sankeshwar,

Many of you may not aware that kolhapuri chappals are made at sankeshwar.
Little detour to sankeshwar town will be surprising for you.
Sankeshwar town is @5km detour from NH4 turn off.
You will get excellent kolhapuri chappals at dirt cheap prices at sankeshwar.

On 6th nov, while returning from goa, i dashed to sankeshwar town in search of this kolhapuri chappals,
the shops are along old highway, choose your stuff and bargain.
I got kolhapuri mojadi + chappal for wife + chappal for daughter + really good chappal for son, whole lot for just rs 600 that too with minimal bargain.
I still feel that i could have saved rs 100 on this deal with little more bargain.

There is one shop at kaveri hotel at tawandi ghat selling kolhapuri chappal but i am doubtful that you may get any variety and bargain at that shop @ kaveri hotel.

For mass benefit-:i posted this duplicate post copied from my original post in another thread:

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 2nd December 2011 at 11:14.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:01   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@sankeshwar,

Many of you may not aware that kolhapuri chappals are made at sankeshwar.
Little detour to sankeshwar town will be surprising for you.
Sankeshwar town is @5km detour from NH4 turn off.
You will get excellent kolhapuri chappals at dirt cheap prices at sankeshwar.

On 6th nov, while returning from goa, i dashed to sankeshwar town in search of this kolhapuri chappals,
the shops are along old highway, choose your stuff and bargain.
I got kolhapuri mojadi + chappal for wife + chappal for daughter + really good chappal for son, whole lot for just rs 600 that too with minimal bargain.
I still feel that i could have saved rs 100 on this deal with little more bargain.

There is one shop at kaveri hotel at tawandi ghat selling kolhapuri chappal but i am doubtful that you may get any variety and bargain at that shop @ kaveri hotel.

:This is duplicate post copied from my original post in another thread:
Hey Ashish thanks for this piece of info.Never knew this.Lovely info
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks