Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 15:37   #436
Senior - BHPian

How is the road condition on Iritty-Thaliparamaba route?

How about the following route?

Mananthavadi-Kottiyoor-Iritty-Mattannur-Chalode-Kannur-Pazhayangadi

Don't go too much by online map suggested routes. Those are, most of the times, pure non sense.
Old 13th April 2010, 16:59   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Nithin,
is there any direction to Mananthavaadi road from Mysore city?
Regards,
Sarin
Sarin,

You have to look for "HD-Kote" if you are taking Baaveli route.

Or Look for "Madikeri" if you are taking the Hunsur~Nagarahole route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj
How is the road condition on Iritty-Thaliparamaba route?

The Irritty Taliparamba road is rubberised and good to travel but has too many bends. One should be very careful in the curves.

Quote:
How about the following route?

Mananthavadi-Kottiyoor-Iritty-Mattannur-Chalode-Kannur-Pazhayangadi

Don't go too much by online map suggested routes. Those are, most of the times, pure non sense.
This road is good.
Mamantahvady~Kottiyur~Peravoor is recently patched.
Peravoor~Irritty is rubberised road and is in excellent condition.
Irritty~Mattanur is recently patched.
Mattanur~Chalode~Kannur id rubberised and in excellent condition.
Kannur~Pazhayangadi is in good condition.

Only problem is the traffic jam at Mele Chovva and South Bazar area you may encounter during peak hours.

Last edited by nithinnarayanan : 13th April 2010 at 17:13.
Old 14th April 2010, 02:03   #438
BHPian

Hello Nithin/Rajesh,

Hope you're doing good. Need some assistance here. I have planned to drive down to Kannur from chennai on 30th April. Will start from here at midnight anticipating I could reach Mysore by 6 in the morning.

The one I had in my mind was Makutta road, I believe its completely out of option or is there any way to opt for it?

Few questions, to reach Hunsur do i need to go through Mysore city? or is there a bypass before? Last time I remember I had taken a right turn after a gas station and between some palace, there was a sign board on that road stating Calicut and Mangalore. After that I tried few combo of left and right reached Madikkeri road. So, can you provide me some landmark like a coffee shop, building or any sign board so that i can take the appropriate route.

I have your last posting about the Maakutta road map. Looking for alternate route, can I travel till Nagarhole then look out for different option? I have seen a sign board stating Kutta, never been there. So should I try Kutta route. please advise.

There are so many option mentioned in the thread so I am little confused . First time I am trying Kannur by road, I think it would be 10 - 12hrs drive. I will be looking for cutting down my travel time and decent road connectivity. Can you suggest which route should I take?

Another thing, my place is close to Thalipparamba. From Kannur it would be 18 Kms and Talipparamba its 4Kms. So, should I try thalipparamba route or Kannur route, which one would be time consuming? Any suggestions?

It would be great help if I can get a draft of the route like Makutta . I know its cumbersome, if you get some time apart from your busy schedule.

Please let me know if there is a way to reach you over phone.

Thanks

Last edited by Samurai : 14th April 2010 at 08:24. Reason: please don't use font tags
Old 14th April 2010, 16:13   #439
BHPian

Sanoop,

From Mysore, you can take HD Kotte - Bavali - Kattikulam - Mananthawadi - Kottiyur - Irrity - Srikantapuram - Thalipparamba route. To get the HD Kote road, you need to come in to the Mysore city if not in peak hours. Come directly to Palace and ask some for HD Kote road, it is well marked so chance of missing this very less.

You don't need to reach up to Mysore for going to Hunsur. After Sriranaga patna, you can take the bypass (kind off) to reach the Hunsur road.

You can PM me for more details if you want.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 14th April 2010, 20:56   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan View Post
Sarin,

The Irritty Taliparamba road is rubberised and good to travel but has too many bends. One should be very careful in the curves.

This road is good.
Mamantahvady~Kottiyur~Peravoor is recently patched.
Peravoor~Irritty is rubberised road and is in excellent condition.
Irritty~Mattanur is recently patched.
Mattanur~Chalode~Kannur id rubberised and in excellent condition.
Kannur~Pazhayangadi is in good condition.

Only problem is the traffic jam at Mele Chovva and South Bazar area you may encounter during peak hours.
Hi

I did not take my car cuz ma cousine was driving down till kannur in his santro, so gave him company and did a driver job half way

We took the

Bangalore - Mysore - HD kote - Baveli - Kattikulam - Mananthavadi-Kottiyoor-Iritty-Mattannur-Chalode-Kannur

The drive was good except the 10 km deviation in the national park towards kabini. And we were kinda lost in mysore city to get the HD kote road. We went on asking and we'll hear "Next right turn and the first signal left"

If some one can update the exact route to enter HD kote road after reaching mysore it would be good and help full for all.

I have no idea how i will get back to bangalore by sunday

Started at 6:45 AM from HSR Layout
Break fast: At Kamat at 8:10 for 40 mins
Tea break at baveli: 15 mins
Time wasted in mysore city: 15 mins
Reached iritty at 2:00 PM

Total drive bangalore to Iritty: ~ 6 hrs (This could have been a lot less if i was driving my punto.. My cousine doesn't go beyond 80 even if the road permits and he is bad with bends)

Next trip to Payangadi: 24th Apr early morning
Car: FIAT Punto Em Pk MJD
Drivers: Me and my friend

Shall update in detail then. Chav
Old 15th April 2010, 00:27   #441
BHPian

Thank you, Rajesh. Nithin has forwarded some more details. That would help.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:25   #442
BHPian

[quote=nithinnarayanan;1836302]Sarin,

Thanks Nithi
Old 15th April 2010, 12:31   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanoop.Patteri View Post
Nithin has forwarded some more details. That would help.
Please share the relevant details on the forum also. Am sure it will help others too.
Old 15th April 2010, 22:12   #444
BHPian

Does anyone know how the road from Manathavadi to Irrity is. On google maps the road name is "Hill hwy"

I'm leaving on Saturday to Taliparamba and a little confused on which route to take.

1) BLR-Mysore-Hampapura-Bavali-Kattikulam-Mananthavadi-Neendunokki Town (Hill highway)-Irrity-Sreekantapuram-Taliparamba 350Kms

OR

2)BLR-Mysore-Gundlupet-Sultan Bathery-Meenangadi-Panamaram-Mananthavadi-Palchuram ghat-Kottiyur-Irrity-Sreekantapuram-Taliparamba. 400 Kms

I'd prefer a more scenic route. But if the roads are really bad there then a faster route will suffice.
Old 16th April 2010, 08:00   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornin70s View Post
Does anyone know how the road from Manathavadi to Irrity is. On google maps the road name is "Hill hwy"

1) BLR-Mysore-Hampapura-Bavali-Kattikulam-Mananthavadi-Neendunokki Town (Hill highway)-Irrity-Sreekantapuram-Taliparamba 350Kms

OR

2)BLR-Mysore-Gundlupet-Sultan Bathery-Meenangadi-Panamaram-Mananthavadi-Palchuram ghat-Kottiyur-Irrity-Sreekantapuram-Taliparamba. 400 Kms
We advice you to go through atleast few of the previous posts, where the routes are mentioned many times. Anyway, you can take Mysore - HD Kote - Bavali - Kattikkulam - Mananthawadi - Boys Town - Kottiyur - Irrity - Sreekantapuram-Taliparamba route, which will be shorter.

Remember, the Boys town - Kottiyur route is steep downhill, be extra carefull..!

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 16th April 2010, 08:34   #446
BHPian

Rajesh, I'm sorry i get really confused with the name of places and the routes. I went through the posts but was still confused.

Thanks a ton.
Old 16th April 2010, 08:55   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Remember, the Boys town - Kottiyur route is steep downhill, be extra carefull..!
So Rajesh, you have started giving out disclaimers also now.

Yes, the warning helps in setting the right expectations. Nothing to worry, but be prepared.
Old 16th April 2010, 16:23   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
So Rajesh, you have started giving out disclaimers also now.

Yes, the warning helps in setting the right expectations. Nothing to worry, but be prepared.

The inclination is around 45 degrees in some places while you go downhill the Paalchuram which is 4 Kms in total.

So people be extra careful and always wait for the climbing vehicles in the narrow stretches .
Old 16th April 2010, 18:04   #449
BHPian

Quote:
The inclination is around 45 degrees in some places while you go downhill the Paalchuram which is 4 Kms in total.

So people be extra careful and always wait for the climbing vehicles in the narrow stretches .
I think i did that a few months back. I didn't know it was called Paalchuram. Always thought of it as boys town. Luckily for me there were no vehicles coming from the opposite side. Pretty odd experience.
Old 16th April 2010, 20:15   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
always wait for the climbing vehicles in the narrow stretches .
Climbing up is a tough task. It will be helpful if those vehicles going down honk at turns, narrow stretches and give way for vehicles coming up.

Don't end up in deadlock situation. It will be near impossible to take reverse uphill there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks