Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:41   #1
BHPian

Bypassing Delhi : Manali to Gurgaon

Hi Guys,
Am looking for a way to bypass the dreaded Delhi traffic on my way from Manali to Gurgaon. Google charts me a route via Chandigarh, Ambala, Karnal, Dhaula Kuan, Gurgaon. Pls suggest the best route give a 6am start from Manali?

Regards,
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Bypassing Delhi : Manali to Gurgaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
Hi Guys,
Am looking for a way to bypass the dreaded Delhi traffic on my way from Manali to Gurgaon. Google charts me a route via Chandigarh, Ambala, Karnal, Dhaula Kuan, Gurgaon. Pls suggest the best route give a 6am start from Manali?

Regards,
I will not call the Delhi traffic dreaded, but if you are keen to avoid Delhi you can do: Karnal-Panipat-Rothak-Jhajjar-Gurgaon or Rothak-Bahadurgarh-Najafgarh-Dwarka-Gurgaon.

I doubt you will save time in any of the alternate route. Bad traffic at Rothak as well as Najafgarh.
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:12   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Dhaula Kuan is in Delhi. I cannot think of a better route than crossing Delhi to reach Gurgaon. Take the ring road via Dhaula Kuan, the traffic moves at decent pace even in peak hour.

If you must avoid Delhi, you can take Panipat-Rohtak-Jhajjar-Farrukhnagar-Gurgaon route but you may end up spending as much time travelling, plus the unmarked turns may be confusing for a first timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post
Rothak-Bahadurgarh-Najafgarh-Dwarka-Gurgaon.
Avoid this stretch, traffic on Rohtak-Bahadurgarh stretch is bad due to ongoing road expansion work and traffic at Najafgarh is very bad.

There is a direct road from Najafgarh to Gurgaon, it's better than going through Dwarka.

Last edited by .anshuman : 3rd August 2011 at 14:16. Reason: Posts Merged.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:15   #4
BHPian

The road (NH1) from Ambala to Panipat is undergoing six-laning. Keep that into consideration. From Panipat onwards it is super.
BBR_SHR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

I agree with .anshuman that the best way to cross Delhi is to take the Ring Road from Azadpur (NH1 intersection) via Daula Khuan to IGI Airport (NH8 intersection). Simple route, smooth traffic flow. The bypass options for Delhi are not great, whether it is via Jhajjiar or from Ambala direct to Kishangarh. IF yu wnat to go from Ambala, you can go via Kaithal, Hisar & Sikar to Kishangarh, but has some bad sections.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 13:51   #6
BHPian

Thanks a ton guys. HV, on what dates are you going to be in Leh town? I hope we can sync up and catch each other there.
Old 4th August 2011, 14:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton guys. HV, on what dates are you going to be in Leh town? I hope we can sync up and catch each other there.
We - some 10 cars - leave from Bombay on Aug 11 night, come via Kinnaur, Baspa, Pin, Spiti, Lahaul valleys to reach Leh on Aug 20, but going on to Zanskar valley, Nubra Valley, Pangong, Chushul, Hanle & Tso M. WE are in and out of Leh, first on Aug 20, again 3 days later, and so, till we finally leave Leh on Sep 1.

Please PM me your numbers that will work in Leh.
Old 4th August 2011, 16:26   #8
Team-BHP Support

Similar query :

If all goes well, we'll be returning from Valley Of Flowers on the 16th July; the same day Anna Hazare is planning a fast.

Of course, whether the fast happens is in doubt but in case it does, is there any way we could get to Gurgaon bypassing the Fast-site?
Old 4th August 2011, 22:50   #9
BHPian

Another alternative is just after crossing delhi border turn right after 1 KM to Narela Subcity. Route will be Narela>>Bawana>>Najafgarh>>Dwarka>>Gurgaon. But as others have mentioned better stick to outer ring road.
Map
Old 4th August 2011, 22:52   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Similar query :

If all goes well, we'll be returning from Valley Of Flowers on the 16th July; the same day Anna Hazare is planning a fast.

Of course, whether the fast happens is in doubt but in case it does, is there any way we could get to Gurgaon bypassing the Fast-site?
If the site is Jantar mantar you are safe via outer ring road

Last edited by rohitbagai : 4th August 2011 at 22:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks