Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 22:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1001 Jailed in delhi since Jan 2011 for driving while being drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Biju, you seem to know the process pretty well eh? How come?

Spike
It was May 2010. My family and I had landed at the Kochi international airport late evening and we were being driven home by my brother. Just as we crossed Angamaly, he started getting calls. And then he had to stop at least 10 times to take and make calls. He would be talking on one phone, when the other would ring.

I asked him, what the issue was. It was that "a poor harmless gentleman in his late forties" was picked up by the police while he was riding his bike. He had come to the market to sell some agricultural produce and unfortunately had a couple of drinks before going back home. So the guy was at the police station. And once picked up, they would not let you go even with a bribe. And he called up my brother for his help. My brother could not go since he was driving us home. So he talked to the police station and arranged for two other friends to go the station to let the person be send home on bail. That's when I asked him, what happens next. And the reply I got was in my post.

As things stand today, I will never get caught.

p.s. I am currently reading Jeffrey Archer's prison diaries. After reading through one book, I am really curious to find out how our prisons work. The closest to prison, I have got is while working with the kids at juvenile home in Salem. Every Sunday I used to get locked up for a few hours along with those kids.

Last edited by pjbiju : 20th April 2011 at 22:35.
Old 20th April 2011, 22:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post

As things stand today, I will never get caught.
That sounds assuring. Me being a mallu and having known an average mallus appetite for this thing, I thought of something else for a while.

Spike
Old 21st April 2011, 09:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

At last they are doing something about this menace. All over the world the practice is that you go in a group with a 'designate driver' who keeps his nose clean.

I have zero sympathy for those who drink and drive. Reminds me of a story, A Colonel was sloshed out but insisted on driving home. When asked how will he do it he said, see all lights appear to me to be in the middle of the road, so I drive through them all.
Old 21st April 2011, 09:32   #19
BHPian

Moral of the story: Drink & no drivin' or Drive & no drinkin'!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks