Team-BHP - "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/9215-child-seat-babies-kids-60.html)

Thanks for the links. Shall check it out in detail and decide if it warrants a change of seats. As for the recall this one was manufactured after 2016.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryputtar (Post 4190355)
I would recommend Britax Eclipse for the 2.5 old, should work till he is 4-4.5 years of age, before you have to move to a booster seat. Rear facing for a 2.5 year old sounds plain wrong.

Where did you buy the Britax Eclipse? The seat I was referring was this. I was interested in one seat that lasts the entire car seat period of my younger one.

In Sweden, many use rear facing till kids are 4 years. Here is a link for the same.

I'm considering buying a baby car seat through a friend in the US. I would also like it to double up as a baby carrier so we can unclick the seat off and carry when the baby is sleeping.
I have an xcent and so only can use my usual 3 point seat belt for the car seat.
Will a Graco snugride with included base be installable and usable in my car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PTL0PMS/

I am keen on having it as a click and unclick system so that I don't have to keep removing the seat belt or taking our baby out of the seat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjiRoss (Post 4199342)
I have an xcent and so only can use my usual 3 point seat belt for the car seat.
Will a Graco snugride with included base be installable and usable in my car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PTL0PMS/

I am keen on having it as a click and unclick system so that I don't have to keep removing the seat belt or taking our baby out of the seat.

Looks good and in my experience, car seats world-wide are compatible with seat-belts.
But i see that for this model, there is no option for variable recline positions nor any baby support. Check out the one model above https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PTL0CCQ?ref=emc_b_5_t&th=1

or try even firstcry.com or amazon for Britax, Graco or mothercare brands as if some warranty or replacement issues, you"ll have trouble sending it back.

~Cheers

Finally got the Graco Milestone (Aluminium Body) from the UK through a friend. This is a non-ISO mount model as my car does not have ISO mount.

Posting photos before fixing. Will try to post more after fixing in the car.

This article showed up in my feed and I wanted to share with the community. Incredibly brave of the mother to share her story:

http://www.scarymommy.com/mother-sha...r-seat-safety/

Key takeaways from the article:

Quote:

Car seat safety is not a “parenting choice,” it’s a matter of physics and facts
Quote:

cautions not to “graduate” them into a booster if you don’t need to (did you know there are 5-point harness car seats that go up to 90 pounds?). “If your child still fits into a 5-point harness car seat, leave him there

Quote:

Originally Posted by teemus (Post 4124134)
I am also looking for replacing my daughter's child seat with something better than what she currently has.

I have shortlisted some from amazon

1. Evenflo Maestro
2. Evenflo Chase
3. Britax Roundabout
4. Graco Nautilus

I have heard about Britax and Graco but not so much about Evenflo. But considering the prices, Evenflo looks like a sweet deal.

Which one did you buy and how is it?

I was looking for Chicco Nextfit Mystique but currently unavailable in Amazon, Firstcry and Flipkart

CHICCO NEXTFIT

I cam across Evenflo Momentum DLX as an alternate, had anyone got this or any other Evenflo baby seat, if yes please share your suggestions.

EVENFLO MOMENTUM

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by treadmark (Post 4217606)

I cam across Evenflo Momentum DLX as an alternate, had anyone got this or any other Evenflo baby seat, if yes please share your suggestions.
]

Cheers!

I have an evenflo convertible seat usablefor infants upto booster age. Very good quality and extremely comfortable.

However due to its size fitting rearfacing in smaller vehicles or vehicles with cramped rear seats like Tacoma is bit of a challenge unless you're fitting in the center.

But the extra padding makes it very comfortable.

Front facing it goes fine even in small hatches

Got Chicco NEXTFIT mystique for my daughter this Saturday from Chicco exclusive shop in Indiranagar Bangalore.
Made a mistake of buying an infant seat (Farlin) while she was at 3 months. Instead I should have made a wise investment on Nextfit then since this is the only car seat she needs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by treadmark (Post 4217606)
Which one did you buy and how is it?

EVENFLO MOMENTUM

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 4217613)
I have an evenflo convertible seat usablefor infants upto booster age. Very good quality and extremely comfortable.

However due to its size fitting rearfacing in smaller vehicles or vehicles with cramped rear seats like Tacoma is bit of a challenge unless you're fitting in the center.

But the extra padding makes it very comfortable.

Front facing it goes fine even in small hatches

Using evenflo for last 2 years in my hatch. Quality is pretty good. I would term it as VFM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by treadmark (Post 4219181)
Got Chicco NEXTFIT mystique for my daughter this Saturday from Chicco exclusive shop in Indiranagar Bangalore.
Made a mistake of buying an infant seat (Farlin) while she was at 3 months. Instead I should have made a wise investment on Nextfit then since this is the only car seat she needs.

I would differ on this. Even though I got an all in one when my daughter was 1 year old, I still think buying an infant seat is a good idea because infant seats often double up as carry cots.
This means you can use them in the house, and by having the baby spend more time in a seat at home, you can condition them to be car seat friendly.

Due to various seating positions possible in infant carrycot/seats, they serve the purpose of feeding chairs, day nappers and transporters too. This you cannot do with a heavy all in one.

Last but not the least, for younger babies, large all in ones totally block outside visibility. In infant seats the view is good and they mostly keep themselves entertained. They also recline better so napping in the car is easier

Still hunting, I've found a good maxicosi car seat with easy fix base for new borns.
Will have a look at it this week.
Has anyone, especially from Europe, have any experience with Maxi Cosi.

Also since I will be installing the base alone (either this or Graco snugride or flex loc), I was considering the middle seat in the rear. This is a safe position, but I only have lap belt in the middle seat in the rear.
With a car seat with a clip on base, this is possible as the base has its own securing mechanism, but I'm not sure if it is less safe than the side three point seat belt.

Looking for suggestions for a Child seat for my 10 month old son to be fitted in an X1. Goes without saying that it has to be isofix. I tried searching this thread but X1 is too short for the search function to work. The BMW dealer has a seat but at Rs.75K, it's way too expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrolourenco (Post 4226203)
Looking for suggestions for a Child seat for my 10 month old son to be fitted in an X1. Goes without saying that it has to be isofix. I tried searching this thread but X1 is too short for the search function to work. The BMW dealer has a seat but at Rs.75K, it's way too expensive.

Have you tried looking at the Gracos, Maxi Cosis and Chiccos? Most of them have the isofix option. They are overpriced here in India, but better than the cheaper Indian ones and much cheaper than what your BMW dealer has quoted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjiRoss (Post 4226518)
Have you tried looking at the Gracos, Maxi Cosis and Chiccos? Most of them have the isofix option. They are overpriced here in India, but better than the cheaper Indian ones and much cheaper than what your BMW dealer has quoted.

I had seen some Gracos and Chiccos in the US. Problem was I could not carry it with me as I was on board a ship. My only option is to buy it in India.