Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:21   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost
Bought this model but different color. ShoppersStop.com - Mothercare Sport Car Seat - Red

After discounts the price was something like 4800 or so.

I will take a picture later. Has not yet been used although I got the salesguys to install it.

It currently installed rear facing. I will make it forward facing once princess's weight crosses 10 kgs.
A fine choice indeed. Especially since it has the pads which are really comfortable for our children.
Let us know how princess likes it when she uses it.
Infect this gives me a good idea. I can maybe have some use for the pads from our old car seat when our princess takes a nap. As the current booster I picked up does not have a backrest let alone any soft pads.
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:43   #272
Team-BHP Support

re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
A fine choice indeed. Especially since it has the pads which are really comfortable for our children.
Let us know how princess likes it when she uses it.
Infect this gives me a good idea. I can maybe have some use for the pads from our old car seat when our princess takes a nap. As the current booster I picked up does not have a backrest let alone any soft pads.
For the said purpose, maybe consider this one from MotherCare. Cosysnooze Seat Belt Pillow | Shoppers Stop
I recently bought this one for my 3 year old (we carry it with us always, so that it can be used whenever we take a taxi). Quite comfortable for the little one
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:27   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
For the said purpose, maybe consider this one from MotherCare. Cosysnooze Seat Belt Pillow | Shoppers Stop
I recently bought this one for my 3 year old (we carry it with us always, so that it can be used whenever we take a taxi). Quite comfortable for the little one
VB VB Buddy.
you will never guess what, i was just looking at the same thing my last visit to Mothercare. But there is a reason why i cannot use this yet. I still have to hold the top part of the seat belt a little back, as i can really nervous about it being so close to the neck. and so i can't use this just yet.
But i made a mental note and told my wife too that we should pick this up soon.
Thanks for pointing it out on the thread, it's an extremely useful thing to have.
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:52   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Bought this model but different color. ShoppersStop.com - Mothercare Sport Car Seat - Red

After discounts the price was something like 4800 or so.

I will take a picture later. Has not yet been used although I got the salesguys to install it.

It currently installed rear facing. I will make it forward facing once princess's weight crosses 10 kgs.
I have seen this one. Its a good buy at INR 4800. Please post a picture with the way it is currently installed. Thanks!

Quote:
VB VB Buddy.
you will never guess what, i was just looking at the same thing my last visit to Mothercare. But there is a reason why i cannot use this yet. I still have to hold the top part of the seat belt a little back, as i can really nervous about it being so close to the neck. and so i can't use this just yet.
But i made a mental note and told my wife too that we should pick this up soon.
Thanks for pointing it out on the thread, it's an extremely useful thing to have.
Happy that it helped. Problem with these kids’ stores is that, we go there to buy ‘an’ item, but come out with a handful

I will post a picture of it once wifey and kiddo is back from Kerala. My girl is a seat-belt person, and hence the belt pillow also went with them.

OT: On your comment on the ‘premium’ thread, I think I have been staying
up in office longer for the past week, since the family is not around
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:56   #275
Team-BHP Support

Can someone help me figure out how to get some slack into the harness.

I find it kind of tight and not able to spot any adjuster.

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-car-right.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-seat-left.jpg
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:42   #276
BHPian

Hi am looking for a car seat for my angel and after going through a number of posts and window shopping have zeroed in this particular model.

Neptune car seat

My princess weighs 8.1kg and 8 months old. The SA from chicco says even though it is listed as 1 yr it is safe to use it from 9 months onwards. Can I trust him and go ahead with the purchase? The cost is 9500 INR.
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:05   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help me figure out how to get some slack into the harness.

I find it kind of tight and not able to spot any adjuster.
You push in the metal hook holding the harness between the legs.
This allows you to push the tail in. feed in as much as you want.
Infact a bit more is better.
Then pull on the harness to make them loose.
Then once your child is seated in the seat.
Pull the tail to achieve the correct fit.
Hope this helps.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:52   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You push in the metal hook holding the harness between the legs.
This allows you to push the tail in. feed in as much as you want.
Infact a bit more is better.
Then pull on the harness to make them loose.
Then once your child is seated in the seat.
Pull the tail to achieve the correct fit.
Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot.

I took a pic as well, as it might help others in future.
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-adjuster.jpg
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:36   #279
Team-BHP Support

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img055-medium.jpg

She finds the seat quite comfortable. Even did a late night 20+ km run on a mix of highway and city roads. She slept well and I was able to drive without any tension.

The harness is a little lose in this pic as its taken just after placing her in the seat.

The yellow sticker on the left is a BIG problem. When awake she tries to fiddle with it. But the harness keeps her securely in place.
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:32   #280
Senior - BHPian

One small query. Is there any brand out there which has a child pram with a removable seat. I mean if baby needs to travel in car then I can just remove the child seat from the Pram and fix it on the car seat. And once done fix the seat back on the pram. Just wondering. Or else will have to go for both a pram and child seat.
Old 2nd September 2011, 13:59   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
She finds the seat quite comfortable. Even did a late night 20+ km run on a mix of highway and city roads. She slept well and I was able to drive without any tension.

The harness is a little lose in this pic as its taken just after placing her in the seat.

The yellow sticker on the left is a BIG problem. When awake she tries to fiddle with it. But the harness keeps her securely in place.
Bless her, she seems to be enjoying her new seat! I guess anything colourful will attract their attention and kids will try to fiddle with things to find out what happens. I would recommend getting some rattles: toys/ books in her seat to keep her occupied. If she still fiddles with that sticker, you can either paste something drab coloured over it or get a brighter seat belt cushion to distract her
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 14:35   #282
Senior - BHPian

Relieved that now these are here. Also, gives me a lot of ideas when Gen Next ^2 arrives in the next few years.
Old 2nd September 2011, 14:53   #283
Senior - BHPian

Bblost,

your car seat is installed wrongly. Seville comes with a height adjuster whereby you can tilt it backwards - right now your princess is sitting up straight, which is not okay. our baby came home from hospital in the car seat only! if it was vertical like yours is, we couldn't be able to use it! See this
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-lrgtitanelite00a.jpg

and i'd recommend evenflo instead to others (ofc no discounts there) simply because of the 5 point harness.

btw - LOVELY price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi am looking for a car seat for my angel and after going through a number of posts and window shopping have zeroed in this particular model.

Neptune car seat

My princess weighs 8.1kg and 8 months old. The SA from chicco says even though it is listed as 1 yr it is safe to use it from 9 months onwards. Can I trust him and go ahead with the purchase? The cost is 9500 INR.
You CAN try and use it - just see whether you can tilt it (it looks honestly too tall) and if it has a 5 point harness or not. and its too tall to accomodate older kids. I honestly think beyond 5-6 years, kids can just use a booster seat if required - a 10 year old would be caught dead than be seen in such a seat so since its not designed for what you need (1-5 years), I would vote against it unles its the only option.

tried mom n me? i got my evenflo from there!

Last edited by phamilyman : 2nd September 2011 at 15:01.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 16:14   #284
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Hitanshu, but the seat is actually at full tilt. I think camera and cropping give such an illusion.

There was this lever at the base between the legs. That lever controls the tilting angle. Without giving it full tilt, it is very difficult to even run the seat belt thru the gaps that are provided.

Also its a 5 point harness.
Old 5th September 2011, 12:28   #285
BHPian

How would you rate evenflo compared to seville (sports) or chicco eletta...
I like everything about evenflo except for the fact that it just have one inclination level only for each rear and forward facing.
There are no multiple inclines for baby. This will be more of issue once baby grows up. She wont like to sit at one incline always.

The cushioning and fabric is much much better than seville though.

I am just waiting for eletta to come to stores now (expected by this weekend as per chicco brand manager) and then i will take a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Bblost,

our baby came home from hospital in the car seat only! if it was vertical like yours is, we couldn't be able to use it! See this

and i'd recommend evenflo instead to others (ofc no discounts there) simply because of the 5 point harness.

tried mom n me? i got my evenflo from there!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks