Tata Nexon:

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 08:59   #767
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Nexon:
Driver was really lucky to have been alerted in time and excellent response by the security team. Within 30sec the fire-extinguishers were on-task.

This vehicle survived and should be used by Tata for thorough root cause analysis.
Old 22nd March 2023, 11:15   #768
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Nexon:

That's a neat job by the guards. What was the Swift fellow thinking when he drove so close to the Nexon?
Old 24th March 2023, 19:01   #769
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Harrier (11-month-old Tata Harrier XZA+ Kaziranga Edition) catches fire:
Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-capture.jpg
Quote:
The Tata Harrier owner was driving from Ahmedabad to Mehsana. While driving on the highway he started smelling something foul in the car. After a while, while changing lanes, he saw a truck in the middle of the highway and applied full brakes but hit the truck a bit while coming to a halt. He stepped out to check the damage and the car started burning.

Link
Old 24th March 2023, 20:49   #770
BHPian

How often it happens outside India especially in developed countries?

Is it somewhat related to the hot climate of India or is it more due to aftermarket fittings/accessories people go after?

I can fathom that cosmetics sometimes do look kool however they do compromise with he safety protocol of the vehicle.

It's bizzare for a car like Harrier or Nexon with 5 star NCAP ratings to burn mid road on its own.

I have driven Maruti 800 for 10 years in harshest of climate but never found the vehicle over heated so I guess there's some catch to it in terms of not adhering to OEM standards and protocol.

Last edited by SDP : 24th March 2023 at 23:23. Reason: Minor typo
Old 25th March 2023, 07:47   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelfarbeyond View Post
How often it happens outside India especially in developed countries?
There are 1.74 lakh highway vehicle fires in US in 2021. Vehicle fires are common, very few are reported, many just go unnoticed.
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 22:11   #772
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Prabal for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
I am writing to bring to your attention a harrowing incident that occurred to me and my family recently. While driving my Tata Punch which I purchased just one month ago, the bonnet caught fire automatically. Within moments, the car was engulfed in flames and was reduced to ashes, putting our lives at risk. Thankfully, we were able to escape from the car immediately and avoid any serious injuries.

I have attached a video of the incident, which I was able to capture. As you can see, the fire was intense and spread quickly, leaving us with very little time to react. I have also filed an FIR with the authorities. I believe it is crucial to share this story to raise awareness of the issue and to urge Tata Motors to take appropriate action to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future.

I am reaching out to you in the hope that you can help raise awareness about this incident and the risks that faulty car parts can pose to drivers and their families. It is essential that car manufacturers take necessary precautions to ensure that their products are safe for use, and incidents like these can be avoided.
Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-1.png

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-5.png

Name:  6.png
Views: 639
Size:  740.2 KB

Name:  7.png
Views: 612
Size:  553.4 KB

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-8.png

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-9.png

Omkar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 08:37   #773
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

1 Month old Tata Punch catches fire in Gujarat .Reason unknown as yet. Video courtesy: Youtube

Old 17th April 2023, 08:04   #774
Distinguished - BHPian

Electric Car catches fire in Pune.

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-img20230416wa0023.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 08:49   #775
BHPian

A Nexon EV catches fire near Katraj area in Pune.

A Nexon EV was seen under fire near Katraj area in Pune.

Name:  IMG20230416WA00231024x523 1.png
Views: 606
Size:  272.3 KB

The incident occurred at evening yesterday on 16th April. Firefighters were also seen at the site and fire was extinguished.

Name:  IMG20230416WA00231024x523.png
Views: 612
Size:  395.6 KB

According to some videos trending on the internet there was no one inside the car when it was on fire. So we can say no injuries were reported.

Upon doing a small information gathering from number plate, it looks like the model is Nexon EV XZ+ and has RC Issue Date of 9 months ago.
userAditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 12:47   #776
BHPian

Re: A Nexon EV catches fire near Katraj area in Pune.

From the images, it doesn't appear to be a fire on the battery pack. That would have destroyed the car completely. The motor and ancillary battery are in the front. Custom accessories, perhaps? Can't think of any valid reason for a flame in those areas.
ohaak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 13:06   #777
Distinguished - BHPian

Going by the pics, this fire did not have anything to do with the main battery. Perhaps it has to do with improperly installed accessories, maybe rat bite. But such a case needs to be invested by Tata Motors asap and the narrative needs to be set straight. It unnecessarily gives a bad name to all EVs, as if incidents with poorly made electric two wheelers were not enough.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 15:52   #778
Senior - BHPian

Maybe it's a conspiracy against Tata again like with the Nano. They are dominating the EV segment and regular charts as well. I'm sure there are some folk who are unhappy about it.
Then again it could be a QC issue or accessory or some other external factor
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 17:59   #779
BHPian

Looks like the right side of the engine bay caught fire. The battery is housed there. Maybe there was a fire in the battery and electrical housing. The engine too did not seem to have got ignited anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-screenshot_2023041716041655_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg  

Old 17th April 2023, 20:53   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaak View Post
From the images, it doesn't appear to be a fire on the battery pack. That would have destroyed the car completely. The motor and ancillary battery are in the front. Custom accessories, perhaps? Can't think of any valid reason for a flame in those areas. Youtube video of engine compartment
Not related to this incident, but I believe TATA has strictly said no to any modifications which can tamper with the wire system right ?

Do headlights come under that? What if we upgrade from say halogen to Led for that projector which looks to be a simple plug and play. Are we running a risk of such incidents by even doing minor changes like headlight upgrade ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks