Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2023, 23:25   #751
BHPian

Re: Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India

Another BMW but this one has a twist.
After a fight with his girlfriend, this gentleman decided to burn his BMW.
Name:  97389499.png
Views: 612
Size:  155.2 KB
Image from ToI.
Link
alphamike_1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 17:35   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

Earlier today, may be after noon-time, a car burnt outside palace grounds. This was opposite to the Renault showroom. Any info on this ?

Was returning from the airport by bus, and was only able to see the charred remains. A fire tender was at the scene, though attempts had been closed.
Old 13th February 2023, 13:16   #753
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

MG Hector caught on fire.

https://twitter.com/actorbrahmaji/st...45873984065539

https://twitter.com/actorbrahmaji/st...065539/video/1
Old 13th February 2023, 16:23   #754
BHPian

Brand new MY 2023 GLANZA AMT catches fire!

Someone I know very closely has had this experience today morning. There was garbage burnt on the side of road with no open fire and was hard to notice and they happened to park the car over it. The burn down happened in matter of 10 mins before the owner was called back.

Sad thing is that its a MY 2023 AMT vehicle with just 100 KMs on the ODO delivered less than a month ago. As of now, an FIR has been raised with help from Police and will be shared with insurance.
Registration is done and number was allotted already; just that the plates were not fixed yet.

Anything else to look out for?

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-img20230213101057.jpg
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 17:16   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamike_1612 View Post

Image from ToI.
Link
It was a Merc.

Quote:
A 28-year-old doctor in Kancheepuram on Thursday night set afire his Mercedes Benz worth nearly 40 lakh after a fight with his girlfriend.
He could have donated the vehicle to a needy person. I would have been first in the queue.
Old 13th February 2023, 17:44   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2415992
Image from ToI.
Link
in situations like these, where the person has set fire to the car himself and it is not an accident, he cannot claim insurance for this correct? Or unless there is an FIR and he can prove that it was an accident...right?
Old 13th February 2023, 18:18   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
It was a Merc.
Apologies, mods please change if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
in situations like these, where the person has set fire to the car himself and it is not an accident, he cannot claim insurance for this correct? Or unless there is an FIR and he can prove that it was an accident...right?
Yes, I believe it would be insurance fraud, unless they are able to prove that the vehicle caught fire spontaneously, which I believe would be next to impossible, considering the police statement.
alphamike_1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 18:29   #758
BHPian

i20 caught fire atop Chamundhi hills in Mysore ...

Miraculous Escape For Occupants As Car Catches Fire Atop Chamundi Hill

Quote:
It is learnt that the relatives of one J. Prashanth, a resident of HSR Layout in Bengaluru, were on their way to Chamundeshwari Temple atop Chamundi Hill last evening in a Hyundai i20 car (KA-16-M-9003). When they were proceeding near the View Point atop the Hill, a few motorists observed thick smoke emanating from the car and alerted the driver.

Mahesh B. Gowda, a resident of K.G. Koppal, who was driving the car, stopped the car immediately and asked the car occupants to alight immediately. He then opened the bonnet of the car and saw fire in the engine. He then tried to extinguish the fire but in vain and the car was completely gutted in the fire. Based on the complaint from Mahesh, K.R. Police have registered a case.
Old 13th February 2023, 19:29   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2415992
Image from ToI.
Link
Wow. That's someone with some serious temper issues. BMW = burn my wagon😉
Old 16th February 2023, 08:07   #760
BHPian

Not exactly, a car on fire. The luxury car garage in Banaswadi/Kasturi Nagar, less than 100 meters from my home, had a major fire last night. The whole garage with several luxury cars inside went up in flames. The flames were 2 floor higher than garage roof, and the last blast sent up flames upto six floor high, and we could feel the heat from such a distance.

Hopefully no one got injured. But the loss will be high. This is the picture I took today.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-20230216_074701.jpg  

Old 16th February 2023, 14:16   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
Not exactly, a car on fire. The luxury car garage in Banaswadi/Kasturi Nagar, less than 100 meters from my home, had a major fire last night. The whole garage with several luxury cars inside went up in flames. The flames were 2 floor higher than garage roof, and the last blast sent up flames upto six floor high, and we could feel the heat from such a distance.

Hopefully no one got injured. But the loss will be high. This is the picture I took today.
Adding some more links available on the web.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/97965476.cms

Old 16th February 2023, 14:34   #762
BHPian

Re: Brand new MY 2023 GLANZA AMT catches fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Someone I know very closely has had this experience today morning. There was garbage burnt on the side of road with no open fire and was hard to notice and they happened to park the car over it. The burn down happened in matter of 10 mins before the owner was called back.

Sad thing is that its a MY 2023 AMT vehicle with just 100 KMs on the ODO delivered less than a month ago. As of now, an FIR has been raised with help from Police and will be shared with insurance.
Registration is done and number was allotted already; just that the plates were not fixed yet.

Anything else to look out for?

Attachment 2418169
Lack of basic car manners. We all know this when leaves or rubbish are being burned, they burn slow and are hot long after being extinguished. That is why you do not set foot on it. You don't park under a tree when it is windy or fruiting. By any chance is this the person's first car or first in extended family?

Such a sad situation. I am not sure how FIR will help unless and until negligence and municipal laws barring burning/disposing is proved against the culprit. Discuss it with insurance agent and let them handle the case to recoup money from the burner. The owner should focus their energy on getting money from the insurer and not on any case or anything. The insurer can then recoup the money from that person/organization if they wish.
Old 16th February 2023, 14:48   #763
BHPian

Re: Brand new MY 2023 GLANZA AMT catches fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
Lack of basic car manners. We all know this when leaves or rubbish are being burned, they burn slow and are hot long after being extinguished. That is why you do not set foot on it. You don't park under a tree when it is windy or fruiting. By any chance is this the person's first car or first in extended family?

Such a sad situation. I am not sure how FIR will help unless and until negligence and municipal laws barring burning/disposing is proved against the culprit. Discuss it with insurance agent and let them handle the case to recoup money from the burner. The owner should focus their energy on getting money from the insurer and not on any case or anything. The insurer can then recoup the money from that person/organization if they wish.
FIR was asked by insurance folks from the showroom. The person has been driving around for close to 30 years now. Not so bad as to be called out for bad manners due to following reasons:
1. It was very sunny and it tends to get very hot in this region and hence the preference to park under tree.
2. This person did not see the leaves put up aside Or thought it was just a pile and not burning.

It was an accident in the end.
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 15:30   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

That's why never park even next to a pile of leaves - a lighted match stick thrown by a smoker may also cause a fire that can damage a car.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 09:43   #765
Distinguished - BHPian

BEST takes 400 leased buses off roads after three CNG buses catch fire in one month.

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-abestbuscaughtfireonwednesday.express.jpg

Quote:
Following a fire in a bus at Andheri east station on Wednesday evening, the Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply And Transport undertaking decided to take 400 Tata CNG buses from the fleet off the roads till the operator and manufacturer came up with necessary corrective measures to ensure complete public safety. Though it will lead to public inconvenience with fewer services and changes in some bus schedules, BEST officials it was necessary to do so for safety

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd February 2023 at 09:44.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks