Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2020, 14:23   #661
BHPian

Re: Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India

Spotted a BMW F10 5 Series up in flames today morning at Uran Phata Flyover on the Sion Panvel Highway.

Kashish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:30   #662
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Logic Answer for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Hello Team-BHP,

While I was on my way to meet a friend, I saw this S-Cross on fire on highway-44 in Hyderabad, Telangana (near Suchitra). I do know the reason for the fire and as I was getting late, I couldn't wait to see what happened. At that time, nobody was in the car and I'm not sure if anybody, especially the passengers, got hurt or not. Just hope they are safe. Surprisingly, there is no news about this incident even in the local newspapers.

Thank you
Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-scross1.jpeg

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-scross-fire.jpeg

ChiragM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:58   #663
Senior - BHPian

Ahmedabad: Man charred to death in car fire in Sola
Source
Its slightly odd that fire started from cabin of Baleno and not engine bay. Another aspect is how quickly short-circuit is being arrived at as a conclusion as the reason for fire.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 2nd March 2020 at 13:08.
Old 4th March 2020, 21:07   #664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Ahmedabad: Man charred to death in car fire in Sola
Source
Its slightly odd that fire started from cabin of Baleno and not engine bay. Another aspect is how quickly short-circuit is being arrived at as a conclusion as the reason for fire.
According to the fire department and the Police when the fire broke out the doors of the car locked automatically. This seems like a repeated factor in passengers getting trapped inside a burning car and getting literally roasted alive. Is there some way that Team BHP do a research on which cars in India are likely to malfunction in this way. I realize it is a tall order. If we could do this test in a non-destructive way (don't know how to though) we would be seen a a hall mark of Safety.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 4th March 2020 at 21:08.
Old 17th March 2020, 19:53   #665
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Yashraj Zala for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
A man charred to death as his S-Cross caught fire near Hathijan Circles in Ahmedabad.

After refueling the car with diesel, he was on the way home when people noticed smoke coming out of the car. Low visibility due to smoke and panic caused him to hit the divider which got the airbags to deploy. He was stuck between the seat and the airbag.

It was mentioned that the automatic locking system failed which locked the doors.

I wonder why this happens as we are also provided with an individual and manual lock-unlock button.

Reason mentioned is the use of an OVERRATED FUSE in the car which led to a short circuit.

Seatbelt cutter and a glass breaker is a must nowadays.

Few days ago, we also got the report of fire caused in a Baleno and an XC90 also from the same city.
Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-car-fire.jpg

Source
ChiragM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 19:18   #666
Senior - BHPian

Saw a set of video clips shared of a car (?dzire) on fire in Manipal.

There was also an attempt to put out the fire with a single fire extinguisher. You can hear the tires explode in one of the clips.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/203058...60024437597016

The post did not have any further info. I couldn't find the date of the incident either. If it was recent, there's quite a lot of traffic considering the lockdown.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th April 2020 at 12:04. Reason: Spacing
Old 18th April 2020, 11:36   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Saw a set of video clips shared of a car (?dzire) on fire in Manipal.
There was also an attempt to put out the fire with a single fire extinguisher. You can hear the tires explode in one of the clips.

The post did not have any further info. I couldn't find the date of the incident either. If it was recent, there's quite a lot of traffic considering the lockdown.
Certainly a recent one as I could see some persons with masks.
GladRagu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 21:43   #668
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GladRagu View Post
Certainly a recent one as I could see some persons with masks.
Udupi: Moving car goes up in flames on road, occupants safe.
Quote:
Udupi, Apr 17: In an incident which happened on Friday, April 17 morning, a car that was moving on the road suddenly caught fire and was gutted soon. The incident happened near Tiger Circle, Manipal. The car in question was moving towards Manipal from the direction of Udupi when suddenly flames began to leap from it. Fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot soon and extinguished the flames.
Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-asha_17420_fire1.jpgAccidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-asha_17420_fire7.jpgAccidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-asha_17420_fire5.jpgAccidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-asha_17420_fire9.jpgAccidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-asha_17420_fire8.jpgAccidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-asha_17420_fire6.jpg

Last edited by wheelguy : 18th April 2020 at 21:45.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 17:05   #669
Senior - BHPian

I20 catches fire, Groom dropped to Venue by police.

https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/coro...-venue-2219403
Old 28th April 2020, 18:07   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

The spate of incidents of fires engulfing Tata Nanos, purportedly emanating from somewhere near its ignition key are passe. As everyone might have observed, these incidents made headlines with nearly half a dozen such cases, some of them having been reported here on this thread by friends.

Tata Nanos are still in regular use by hundreds of owners, but mysteriously just after the production of this car was officially stopped around 2017-18, not a single such fire incident has come to the fore. Was it a ploy by some vested interest/s to malign the Nano ? If so, it would be preferable for Tata Motors to go deeper into and investigate as to whether it was a part of a larger design to malign the brand and besmirch and discolour it's reputation?

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 28th April 2020 at 18:10.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 18:50   #671
Senior - BHPian

Maybe whatever component was faulty - ignition wiring say - in a small batch of cars would have failed by now with repeated use of the vehicle? Those vehicles that did not have the fault did not catch fire and won't catch fire going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The spate of incidents of fires engulfing Tata Nanos, purportedly emanating from somewhere near its ignition key are passe. As everyone might have observed, these incidents made headlines with nearly half a dozen such cases, some of them having been reported here on this thread by friends.

Tata Nanos are still in regular use by hundreds of owners, but mysteriously just after the production of this car was officially stopped around 2017-18, not a single such fire incident has come to the fore. Was it a ploy by some vested interest/s to malign the Nano ? If so, it would be preferable for Tata Motors to go deeper into and investigate as to whether it was a part of a larger design to malign the brand and besmirch and discolour it's reputation?
Old 30th April 2020, 18:55   #672
Senior - BHPian

A Tata Bolt ferrying mangoes catches fire. Nobody injured.

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/...DEfnRj_gWMP85w

Pic and video credits: Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...85806861911828
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-95158397_10224229446383107_8195551058290802688_o.jpg  

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-94883608_10224229447023123_5085585700481400832_o.jpg  

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 30th April 2020 at 19:00.
Old 30th April 2020, 20:48   #673
BHPian

If I were trapped in my A-Star with electricals shorted I would:
1. Fully recline the driver seat backrest. In my car it becomes flat.
2. Climb to the back seat.
3. Remove the parcel tray - it comes off easily
4. Open the hatch door manually. There is a manual override.
5. Get out

Having said that I do have a safety hammer with seat belt cutter in the glove box. I shudder to think what I would do if I were stuck in some other car I am not familiar with, say a taxi cab.

I believe the hatch door can be opened without electrical power in some cars? Since there is no mechanical handle on the hatch in the A-Star (like there is on the Gen1 swift), there is no electrical locking mechanism in the rear door.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 30th April 2020 at 20:49.
Old 16th May 2020, 12:19   #674
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

A fire broke out at a private workshop at Calicut, Kerala and resulted in 11 Mercedes Benz cars getting burned down. The word is that a short circuit inside one of the cars led to the fire accident.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-anand123teambhp-1.jpg  

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-anand123teambhp-2.jpg  

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-anand123teambhp-3.jpg  

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-anand123teambhp-4.jpg  

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-anand123teambhp-5.jpg  

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-anand123teambhp-6.jpg  

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-anand123teambhp-7.jpg  

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-anand123teambhp-8.jpg  

Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India-anand123teambhp-9.jpg  

Anand123 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 12:23   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
A fire broke out at a private workshop at Calicut, Kerala.

The word is that a short circuit inside one of the cars led to the fire accident.
When will people start thinking beyond a short circuit?

There is more to this incident than meets the eye.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks