Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 10:35   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
. So as far as I am concerned I can get myself out with using just my hands. Anyone else in the same boat as me?
"Yeh Dhai Killo ka Haath jab padta hai, aadmi Uthta nahin, Uth jata hai"

Jokes aside, you tried on a totaled swift, which may have a weakened windscreen. Even then, if you can punch your way out of front glass, you must have very strong hands. Normally, its very very tough, and in a panic situation, for example after an accident when somebody is bruised and shaken, there is often not enough presence of mind to fiddle with the door locks, let alone punching the windows etc.,
For somebody not strongly built, the best option is to lay back in the seat and kick with both legs hard on the windshield.
Old 3rd June 2010, 02:46   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
"Yeh Dhai Killo ka Haath jab padta hai, aadmi Uthta nahin, Uth jata hai"

Jokes aside, you tried on a totaled swift, which may have a weakened windscreen. Even then, if you can punch your way out of front glass, you must have very strong hands. Normally, its very very tough, and in a panic situation, for example after an accident when somebody is bruised and shaken, there is often not enough presence of mind to fiddle with the door locks, let alone punching the windows etc.,
For somebody not strongly built, the best option is to lay back in the seat and kick with both legs hard on the windshield.
I get that dhai kilo ka haath line a lot!!
I tried it on the drivers window and that side was relatively undamaged so I think the glass was at its full strength. But I'll admit I do have a strong fist and am relatively big for a 17 year old. But I suppose kicking on the windscreen is the smartest option. Extending your legs against something involves using the quadriceps, hamstrings & calves which are naturally strong (because no matter how lazy you are, everyone walks!).
Also I thought most cars central locking automatically opens on high impact. My Corsa '03 model does this (according to the manual) so I suppose all cars of today would also be having this safety feature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks