Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2023, 16:22   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: International Road Accidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Escaped unhurt, as per the article.
Indeed.

Knowing that he had been involved in a fatal accident.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 21:12   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, somehow I got stuff in my head mixed up. I thought I read that the deceased ran a red signal. That was never mentioned. In fact, he failed to stop at a stop sign. Not good, but not the same.
Old 24th July 2023, 20:58   #183
BHPian

High speed car chase across Sydney

Came across a dramatic chase video following an accident and ended up with another one.
Mods: please delete this thread if it is posted already. Thanks
On4Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:51   #184
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Nasty Moose crash, similar to my cow crash!

Dont think the car guy could have done much, particularly since the moose also slipped in front of him. He was perhaps a bit too fast for the conditions but that is with the benefit of hindsight.

PS: Not my video. Saw it on twitter. Or is it X?
sridhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 10:59   #185
BHPian

This one is not from India, it's from China in fact and it involves one of two Bugatti Veyron L'Or Rouges known to exist.

From the video, it appears that the Bugatti tried cut the beemer off, into the right lane and the latter did not relent, resulting in the cars coming together.

Source: The Drive
Old 14th August 2023, 15:00   #186
BHPian

This happened in Nepal yesterday. I helped to transfer the driver of the pickup that met with the accident to the nearest hospital in my car. That was the first time ever in my life I ever carried an accident victim in my car.

Last edited by amitjha086 : 14th August 2023 at 15:03. Reason: A little more explanation
amitjha086 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 07:56   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla Model 3 fire after hitting debris highlights potential dangers.

Quote:
While most myths surround the prevalence of EV fires are untrue there's no question that they can grow fast and be hard to extinguish
Quote:
Statistically, electric vehicles catch on fire less often than gas or diesel-powered cars. Nevertheless, when they do go up in flames that conflagration can be dramatically quick and very difficult to put out. One recent example of a Tesla Model 3 burning to the ground highlighted the strengths and potential dangers of EV fires.

Old 4th October 2023, 17:19   #188
BHPian

Have we deleted the post(s) w.r.t Lambo - Ferrari crash with the camper van? If yes, then not very transparent.
I read the report a while ago and finally got free now to discuss what potentially goes in a driver's mind when trying to overtake on narrow unknown roads, but I don't see any of the posts.

Just hope it's a network glitch, but if not - Swades or not, Oberois or not, we must talk about someone killing someone else on a public road!

Edit: It's a new thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...ants-dead.html (Indian couple involved in Supercar crash in Italy that left two Ferrari occupants dead)

Last edited by Divya Sharan : 4th October 2023 at 17:22.
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 10:53   #189
BHPian

This happened in Nepal. Even Nepal drives on the same side as in India. Why do people have to overtake from the left?

amitjha086 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 17:45   #190
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this video from another forum. The impact at the end is just gut wrenching! You can literally see the force his body goes through. The rider is safe but with multitude of fractures and what not. Apparently he himself shared the video of his accident saying it was completely his fault...

deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 09:48   #191
BHPian

Porsche at 100MPH goes flying

This is in the US, but still an extreme accident!
Woman drives a Porsche at 100MPH
Car goes flying literally
Driver survives, passenger dead.
Driver flees to China to avoid legal consequences in the US!
som9729 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 23:34   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Actor Michael Jordan driving his Ferrari dashed against a parked Kia SUV on a Los Angeles street. The Ferrari's front right wheel went for a spin on the LA road, while it's right front fender looks ripped off. Whereas the Kia has suffered dents. The video speaks a 1000 words. So are Kia's so solidly built for the US market?

https://twitter.com/7Sohood/status/1...0%2Fframe.html
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 14:35   #193
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Current marathon world record holder Kelvin Kiptum and his coach Gervais Hakizimana died in a road accident Sunday night outside the Rift Valley town of Eldoret.

Kiptum was also due to make an Olympic debut this summer at the Paris Games, where he was set to face reigning Olympic champion Kipchoge for the first time in one of the most eagerly-awaited clashes in athletics history.

Sad news RIP

Kiptum and Coach Killed

Last edited by NomadSK : 13th February 2024 at 14:58.
Old 4th March 2024, 02:19   #194
BHPian

I do not know where to put this, but I was involved in a near miss just this evening when I was leaving the garage. Our garage has a ramp that gives on to the road with traffic usually coming on both directions. You need to watch both directions quite carefully before turning into the road.

This evening, I was waiting for the road to clear, and to my left, there was a vehicle coming and the lane in the other direction was clear. Behind the vehicle, there was a bus which was quite a long way off, so I thought I had enough time to turn into the road.

And lo and behold, after the car passes and I step off the brake, there was a guy on an electric skateboard thingy (called a trotinette in French), who was on the coat tails of the car and doing about 50-60kph in a 30 zone. I had no chance of seeing him because he was completely masked by the car. Luckily, I hadn't fully turned into the road, so was able to stop the car, but the guy was coming at such a speed that he lost his balance when trying to brake and swerve and eventually ended up on the other lane, just missing the divider. Luckily for him, there were no vehicles on the other lane, so he ended up without any damage.

Normally, he would need to be on the cycle lane, which he wasn't on and he was well over the speed limit in the section of the road where he nearly got himself killed.

The reason for my post is that these electric scooters and skateboards need to be regulated for speed limits and maybe even need a mandatory license for people who want to drive them on public roads. This guy wasn't wearing any protective equipment, was driving the skateboard at a crazy speed and clearly doesn't care about road safety. I thank my lucky stars that I didn't end up in a potentially fatal accident, but the electric transition needs to be better regulated in all cities.

The other aspect that stood out for me is the lack of noise from these electric mobility solutions. If that had been a petrol powered vehicle, I would have definitely heard him even if I had no chance of seeing he was right behind the car.
schumi_pete is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 21:09   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

This came up today on my YouTube feed; and I’m laughing like an idiot on re-runs of this short video. That driver is extremely lucky and one sure-shot idiot for destroying a seemingly new car.

ninjatalli is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks