Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 23:46   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
btw, are you saying she deserves credit for staying in her lane after almost causing a several accidents in her wake. is that the point you're making?
Not really. After all the stunts she made that you mentioned she appears to be law abiding, atleast from the photographs, right?
Moreover, the other car is in fact is sharing two lanes, perhaps the M800 would have honked and swept it aside.

The fact is such breed is dime a dozen on roads today and many a time get away scot free as if nothing ever happened. Your photographs are abject examples.

Last edited by rajeev k : 29th September 2010 at 23:48.
Old 30th September 2010, 02:31   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
saw this white M800 on the IRR near Dell office this morning on the way to work....
now, the best part! it was a woman driving this car!! and while she was doing these stunts on the road, she seemed very calm!

if you see this car in your RVM, i suggest you give way unless you want dents and scratches on your vehicle or dragged into a unpleasant spat on the road!
Hawk, was the lady a little bit on the plumper side and around 30 -35 years? If yes, I think I have met her twice/thrice on the IRR already, not far from where you have snapped her.
Old 30th September 2010, 02:53   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Not really. After all the stunts she made that you mentioned she appears to be law abiding, atleast from the photographs, right?
Moreover, the other car is in fact is sharing two lanes, perhaps the M800 would have honked and swept it aside.

The fact is such breed is dime a dozen on roads today and many a time get away scot free as if nothing ever happened. Your photographs are abject examples.
it's a pity these critters exist in our society! a trip to my office more often than not leaves me with a headache by the time i'm at my desk - my day at office ruined. same distance and route back - whatever's left of the day also get ruined!

there is more likelihood of NIMHANS getting more mental patients (cause - driving in Bangalore) than the traffic situation improving here!

*sigh* when will people change

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Hawk, was the lady a little bit on the plumper side and around 30 -35 years? If yes, I think I have met her twice/thrice on the IRR already, not far from where you have snapped her.
i would put her at 30-35yrs of age, yes - but not plump. fair, medium built, hair till shoulders, wearing a big black honeybee-eye sunglasses with silver/chrome trimmings! maybe IRR is her daily route!
Old 30th September 2010, 06:44   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by IronH4WK
it's a pity these critters exist in our society! a trip to my office more often than not leaves me with a headache by the time i'm at my desk - my day at office ruined. same distance and route back - whatever's left of the day also get ruined!

True, my day also gets ruined by similar drivers and riders everyday, as I too drive 20 Kms to my office at each daybreak. On the way back, it is of another kind, triplets on bikes to and from the nearest 'watering' den. Add to this the pot hole ridden Kerala roads and the script is complete.

Last edited by rajeev k : 30th September 2010 at 06:46.
Old 30th September 2010, 09:30   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday saw a blue scorpio being driven very very rashly inside hiranandani gardens. for those who are not from mumbai, hiranandani is a private residential complex.

here the roads have only 2 lanes on each side with proper dividers. there was a qualis in front of me & since a dZire was taking a U - turn, we came to a halt. the cars on the opposite lane halted too. suddenly, the blue scorpio came from the opposite lane, cut the divider to come to our lane, jumped over a speed breaker, nearly scraped the Dzire & qualis & then again cut to his lane.

a group of young sardars were driving this car. the worst part was, after all this antics, i could see him smirking proudly at us, who were (according to him) plain stupid to wait for the Dzire to take a turn.

i look at my RVM to see his number but his antics were not yet over. a santro was waiting on the right lane to take a right turn. he takes the left lane, cuts the santro & the oncoming traffic aggressively & takes a turn without paying any respect to other road users & making the santro to brake hard.

i dont understand what was he trying to prove...
Old 30th September 2010, 11:47   #1356
Senior - BHPian

this morning, on the Thippasandra 80ft road, going towards CMH road there is a right after Spencers. i reached the point where i've to take a 90deg right and i can see vehicles coming in the opposite direction, about a 100mts away, but they'll need to slow down because there is a speed breaker in place.

i've the turn indicator on and even though there is distance enough for me to cross before the traffic comes near, i flash my headlights. one moron of an auto driver, flies over the speed breaker - cuts my turn off mid-way and hurls a string of abuses at me!

i reply in kind, show him the finger and continue my journey home!

now i've a headache from all that swearing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i dont understand what was he trying to prove...
no rocket science there buddy - he was just trying to prove the lack of gray matter in the upper regions of his anatomy!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 30th September 2010 at 11:51.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:00   #1357
Senior - BHPian

These days due to CWG2010 in Delhi I am taking my bike to Office on a daily basis, & more often I meet these morons on two wheelers that cause accidents.

On one day, a family man with his infant child & wife (assumed) were travelling on the wrong side of the road to avoid traffic. In order to enter own lane at an intersection, the driver did not care for the car that too wanted to turn (another fool driving the car rashly on bad roads), which resulted him skidding on the gravel after colliding with the car (Ford Fiesta). His wife & child wre more or less unharmed but shocked, but the fool paid with a ligament (hope I have spelled it correct) fracture (minimum).

Other two incidents involve me on the same spot.

First involves me driving (alone) with an Esteem on mi side. There was @#$%ole on a Discover with his lady. There is a divider that separates the traffic going left & straight. This man is driving in leftmost lane & at the last movement panics & speeds to enter the lane going straight, almost knocking me off. When I try to avoid him, I skid & fall down on the road. The Esteem driver stops his car in time otherwise I would have been in hospital instead. To add to the insult to my injury, this moron on Discover doe not bother to stop to have a look.

Second, incident happened day before yesterday, when on the same stretch I was tailgating a Wagon-R at almost 20 kmph. In fact the entire traffic is slow this time. The Wagon-R stops as the signal changes & I too stop in time, but, the idiot on a Bajaj Legend does not stop in time (presumably has worn out brake shoes on the dilapidated scooter)... hitting my bike's exhaust from behind. When I enquire him the reason for hurry, he instead shoots back why did I stop for the signal (& for pedestrians crossing the road). I could only mouth obscenities as the signal has changed, lest I would have slapped him at least (because of cumulative anger of past days incidences).

Now, since I have vented my anger, I will drive coolly.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 30th September 2010 at 12:01.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:44   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
True, my day also gets ruined by similar drivers and riders everyday, as I too drive 20 Kms to my office at each daybreak. On the way back, it is of another kind, triplets on bikes to and from the nearest 'watering' den. Add to this the pot hole ridden Kerala roads and the script is complete.
EKM used to be a nice place trafficwise and i'm talking about the early '90s. now, its just mayhem! getting from Kaloor Junction to M.G Road now would just drive me nuts! as of today in EKM, the only place i would love to drive and enjoy it too is the Traffic Park!
Old 30th September 2010, 12:53   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Have seen today morning a bad driver who was literally tail gating me so close that was giving me goosebumps. I could see half of the Meru cab in the rear view mirror. Later he sped off hurling and swearing at me.

The other day saw an Zen Estillo being driven by a short chap. The guy was straining his head to get a view of the road in front of him. Atleast could have used some padded seats to increase his height.
Old 30th September 2010, 16:59   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I was tailgating a Wagon-R at almost 20 kmph.
Tailgating always belongs in the bad driving thread: please don't do it!
Old 30th September 2010, 18:36   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Tailgating always belongs in the bad driving thread: please don't do it!
Thank you for your concern & advice, will try avoiding it in future.

But, what you can do in a Traffic Jam (slow moving, where traffic merges from three sides) sort of situation. My actual distance was more than 1 meter in this case, when my speed was 20 kmph (second gear), but, still I would classify this as tailgating by my own standards.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 30th September 2010 at 18:37.
Old 30th September 2010, 19:21   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

It's nice that you say like that, and that you took my post in a friendly way.

Some years back, there was a survey among drivers in UK as to what they thought was the most irritating habit of other drivers. The answer: tailgating. Curious isn't it? If the majority hates people tailgating, then one would think it wouldn't happen, but it does.

A lot of people talk about the two-second gap. Even the UK Highway code mentions it, I see. Personally I like to allow a little more, but in heavy traffic there is always opening and closing of the gap and sometimes we can hardly help coming closer. What I regard as a mark of bad driving is consistently holding position close to the rear, or even close to the quarter: others regard this as their standard about-to-overtake position!

There is another aspect, other than safety: if the vehicle in front stops, one cannot avoid stopping too. It is a good idea to always leave room. Even in stop-start traffic, it is a good idea not to be so close to the car in front that you cannot steer around them without reversing.
Old 4th October 2010, 16:11   #1363
Senior - BHPian

rolled down their windows and talking to each other while driving side by side and blocking traffic!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6132.jpg
Old 11th October 2010, 15:35   #1364
Senior - BHPian

have i conquered this thread?

anyways, more you-know-who's encountered this morning on my way to work:

Ejipura signal - wow, nice lane discipline!
Name:  _MG_6188.JPG
Views: 737
Size:  182.2 KB

BETL - emergency lights on and travelling very slowly on the high speed lane!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6192.jpg

another one on the BETL with the emergency lights on, but no visible problem with the vehicle. this guy was driving normally with the emergency lights blinking!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6193.jpg
Old 14th October 2010, 13:46   #1365
Senior - BHPian

got my left ORVM knocked by a moron this morning who just wanted to gain a few feet by squeezing in between cars!! the idiot stopped, not to apologise or correct the mirror, but to check if his scooter had sustained any damage!

cause..
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6220.jpg

and effect!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6219.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks