Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2024, 14:35   #12691
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
This Tata Zest cab driver was either drunk or unwell or a rogue!
A few days back I came across a video on Instagram: a person escaping with a confiscated cab from the police station. The vehicle rammed the PS gate, and in the process the front and rear bumpers were torn off. As I recollect, that incident was recorded somewhere in Bengal. Watching the antics of this driver, I'm somehow reminded of that video. It's very unlikely it's the same cab, but can't be sure.

Also, your footage is now published on the official TBHP Instagram page. Someone has commented that it was him who was the 'unwell drunk rogue' (or, something to that effect) - boasting of it and debating why he was recorded etc. Either the guy's a troll, or, if genuinely the driver of this cab, a motivated miscreant.
Mr.Fawlty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 16:53   #12692
BHPian

Discovered this thread just now ! Here is my fair share of running into such bad drivers

1.Biker doesn't budge from an extremely narrow spot on the road
2. Biker using phone while riding drops the phone and stops stupidly
3. Random swerving by biker

1. Wrong side driver on narrow service road flashes light trying to move others out of his way
2. Car just standing in the middle of the road
3. People breaking traffic signal

Bunch of people who don't know how to make a turn properly without going into the opposite lane

Last edited by Burgman_tales : 1st August 2024 at 17:19. Reason: Added captions
Burgman_tales is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 17:07   #12693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman_tales View Post
Discovered this thread just now ! Here is my fair share of running into such bad drivers

https://Youtu.be/2vM1DKTHmN4
Looks like an internal road, and I think there was not much space even if the bike was not there on that spot. Also, the city is growing so rapidly that it has gobbled many small villages. When on internal roads, let us be a little respectable to the locals life over there. Not just here, but along all the villages around the country.
Old 1st August 2024, 17:11   #12694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Looks like an internal road, and I think there was not much space even if the bike was not there on that spot. Also, the city is growing so rapidly that it has gobbled many small villages. When on internal roads, let us be a little respectable to the locals life over there. Not just here, but along all the villages around the country.
I'm a local which lives very near to that road. All the locals know about it being THE narrowest stretch on the road and not stand/park there. It's barely enough for 2 cars to cross each other. I have had my wheels/alloys scrape the side there.
Old 1st August 2024, 20:49   #12695
Distinguished - BHPian

A 26-year-old arrested for drunk driving and performing stunts, and for crashing into a parked car in Andheri.The accused, Suraj Jhaman Saav (26), a resident of Virar, drives a tourist vehicle. After a medical examination at Cooper Hospital, police confirmed that Saav was drunk. He admitted to the police that he was only performing stunts.

According to a police official, the incident occurred in the early morning at 12:30 am near Dragon Flyover on Andheri-Ghatkopar Link Road in Andheri East on July 30. The accused was driving the car to deposit it with its owner after a drinks session with friends.

Video on this link:-

https://twitter.com/mid_day/status/1...ailyhunt.in%2F

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 1st August 2024 at 20:51.
Old 3rd August 2024, 01:35   #12696

Drivers of Pune

A few days ago I narrowly avoided an accident which made me realise two things :
1. Dashcam is necessary
2. No matter how good of a driver you are you cannot
account for other people's stupidity on the road.

This incident took place near the underpass of Orchid Hotel, Baner, Pune. We were entering a underpass at 35km/h when a school bus approached us from the wrong way at almost 60km/h. Fortunately we were able to brake in time (although the nosedive was discomforting it was worth it), the bus driver also braked harshly and came to a stop. We were lucky enough to not get rear ended as we stopped very harshly in speedy traffic.

I was stupified at how a person could drive a school bus in the wrong way that too over the speed limit. What angered me was the bus driver shamelessly honked at us to give way even when we couldn't as we had a lot of traffic behind us and had no way to turn.

As traffic piled up and he wasn't moving at all, I honked and pulled out my phone which scared the bus driver for some reason due to which he sped through the traffic in the wrong way and got out of there.

I started reimagining that what if I couldn't brake in time or what if the bus driver hadn't. I mean how can he be so stupid, there were young kids in that bus (at least a dozen). People like these face no consequences, sometimes we let it go as we may be in a hurry or in some cases for the sake of the other person's livelihood.

I have attached a picture of the underpass at the end of the post to give an idea how it normally looks. When turning in towards the underpass there is no way to see any traffic. There are 2 separate lanes for incoming and outgoing. Please spread the plate number to create awareness about this driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-agc_20240727_101819415.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-agc_20240727_101816804.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot_20240803013126_maps.png  

veyron_music is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 11:06   #12697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_music View Post
I started reimagining that what if I couldn't brake in time or what if the bus driver hadn't. I mean how can he be so stupid, there were young kids in that bus (at least a dozen). People like these face no consequences, sometimes we let it go as we may be in a hurry or in some cases for the sake of the other person's livelihood.

I have attached a picture of the underpass at the end of the post to give an idea how it normally looks. When turning in towards the underpass there is no way to see any traffic. There are 2 separate lanes for incoming and outgoing. Please spread the plate number to create awareness about this driver.
Since you have the proofs, do report this incident to the concerned school and post on social media too, if possible.

Better to do this part at-least so that the school may take some action.
sunilch is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 19:47   #12698
BHPian

Metro works are going almost everywhere in the city and one major nuisance is people driving / riding in the wrong direction. Below is one such instance where all they need to do is take left and take the U turn which is in 100 meters, instead right from mini vans to bikes would prefer to use wrong way. Pathetic to say the least, self discipline is very important to lead a respectable life and we are still light years away for it.

Old 3rd August 2024, 20:57   #12699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Metro works are going almost everywhere in the city and one major nuisance is people driving / riding in the wrong direction.
In principle, of course I agree with you 100%. There are instances, though, where the theory just doesn't fit the practice. Due to closure of Luz Church Road, traffic is taking Musiri Subramaniam Rd towards Alwarpet. I have not done it myself, but in this instance I actually agree with "trafic!" They should have formally made the road two-way.

When will this Metro curse on the traffic end? Inconvenience today for convenience... of our grandchildren, it feels like. Mind you, for the most part, it does not actually change my routes much.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 19:17   #12700
BHPian

Here’s my share. Wrong side driving is almost as legal as normal driving . But this one took me by surprise.

Drive safe guys!
abhi_tjet is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 08:49   #12701
BHPian

This video came on my Youtube feed, where wrong side driving on Hyderabad ORR is captured on the dashcam.

Old 12th August 2024, 23:00   #12702
Distinguished - BHPian

Five persons on a bike in Sitapur, U.P. The tweet with a video by ojha_journalist in Hindi states that with five on board, the biker is doing stunts.

The tweet
https://twitter.com/ojha_journalist/...rni9n8_qQ&s=19

The video

https://twitter.com/ojha_journalist/...yB94Dq-qg&s=19

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 12th August 2024 at 23:01.
Old 16th August 2024, 10:50   #12703
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonder what rush he is in to do this. I noticed him approaching in RVM and left space in right lane so that he would overtake me and keep the rightmost lane. But no, he had to overtake and get to the left most lane in the curve at a blind spot of the bus.

Name:  InShot_20240816_104911778.gif
Views: 102
Size:  3.76 MB

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 16th August 2024 at 10:51.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 11:15   #12704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Wonder what rush he is in to do this.
This is the thrill of motorcycle riding I suppose. Not sure if there is any need ever for such riding. Just some adrenaline rush that the riders enjoy.

I know you and I have been there before , except that we don't do it with a Bus in the front or a car in the next lane or next to the bridge.
Old 16th August 2024, 12:14   #12705
BHPian

This Thar guy entered from wrong side on highway. I apologize for generalising but encountered pathetic drivers while in Punjab. Using high beam in city, rash driving and what not. Here’s the video:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks