Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2024, 10:25   #12601
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Glad he realised it was his mistake and good to see him use his indicators after that. Hope he will learn from this and use his indicators from here on.
Well, the dude drifts to the right lane first, then turns on the indicator not to commit to the lane change and drifts back to the center lane. Only thing I liked is that he apologized, and that's so rare to see these days. But the bar is in hell, I guess.
epiccross is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 15:44   #12602
Distinguished - BHPian

The poor soul, an office goer in Bengaluru, while commuting on his two wheeler is seen attending a video call on his laptop.

The news on Times Now Bengaluru, based on a feed in X by @peakbengaluru has got comments from netizens, some expressing concern at the work pressure the rider might be going through.

No doubt, he has risked his life and safety by such an uncalled for act.

The video on X by @peakbengaluru

https://twitter.com/peakbengaluru/st...it8MEgaVg&s=19

News link with image from X:-

https://www.timesnownews.com/bengalu...icle-108742266

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 24th March 2024 at 15:48.
Old 25th March 2024, 20:22   #12603
ada
BHPian

Everyone gets distracted once in a while - while driving, the only hope is it does not lead to serious consequences.
Old 27th March 2024, 07:52   #12604
Distinguished - BHPian

Watch with audio.

naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 10:24   #12605
BHPian

Quote:
Haha! The ego clash provided for some nice entertainment on your commute! The traffic in Ernakulam has gotten so bad of late. I saw several such instances especially around Kalamassery-Edapally section. After a weekend of driving through the madness, I was honestly glad to get back to Coimbatore!
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 10:52   #12606
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Haha! The ego clash provided for some nice entertainment on your commute! The traffic in Ernakulam has gotten so bad of late. I saw several such instances especially around Kalamassery-Edapally section. After a weekend of driving through the madness, I was honestly glad to get back to Coimbatore!
Think the clash got worse after I turned. I could hear the pickup honking continuously for 20 seconds after which I drove further inside. Had I stayed on the main road, I could have captured an action thriller short movie.

Yes, the traffic is very bad now since we now don't have any "highway" here. It's all city roads. To make things worse, I stay close to Kerala busiest junction and I see a lot of "action" on the road .
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:16   #12607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Watch with audio.
Reminds me of last year when a bolero pickup near shimla tried to run me off the road.
I gestured a "why?" at him nicely, then him and his cleaner started hurling abuses and he attempted collision multiple times. The situation would have been very different for the pickup guy if it were my friends with me instead of parents.
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:17   #12608
Senior - BHPian

Very happy that the Seltos owner stood his ground. As per comments on YouTube video the Harrier owner was fined by police. Hope it's true.

Dashcam indeed helped.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd April 2024 at 11:03. Reason: URL formatting.
07CR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:41   #12609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post

Watch the video here for the non-violent showdown

https://Youtu.be/M7tWk-Ko4Bs
Great job, I wish I was there in another car, we could have boxed him in between.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd April 2024 at 11:16. Reason: Typos.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:44   #12610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Had a close call with an i20 driver on the NH44. Slightly old video, but hadn't posted it earlier. The driver was apologetic (as you can see in the video). I believe I didn't crash into him because I was a bit slower due to patchy roads in that section.

https://Youtu.be/XzdI1npS-rY?si=OwYj4eJdssXqdfdW
I have honked similar many times. You almost expect them to do so which is an instinct we have in India.

Also, I have seen many instances of people changing lanes when very close to a vehicle on their lane. They cant see if there is a slower vehicle in the lane they are moving to.
Old 2nd April 2024, 14:44   #12611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Also, I have seen many instances of people changing lanes when very close to a vehicle on their lane.
This is very common. The correct position from which to overtake is not tailgating-close to the vehicle in front.

I guess they don't have confidence in the power of their vehicle. Or that was what they did in history and continue to do, whatever they drive today. Fact is, and always was, if the power is in doubt, don't do it!
Old 8th April 2024, 13:08   #12612
BHPian

Had a close call on NH66 with a truck swerving in my lane, initially I though he was avoiding a pothole/overtaking but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Venky03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 13:39   #12613
BHPian

This happened yesterday.
I was coming with my family from Kollam to Thrissur. After Angamaly town, I was stopped at a traffic signal. When I started to drive, a biker suddenly crossed in front of me from right to left in an alarming way. He started to shout and make some hand gestures. I sped up and overtook him. But again, this guy started zigzagging his bike in front of me. He was threatening his life as well as the lives of others.

Bonemechanic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 15:02   #12614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
a biker suddenly crossed in front of me from right to left in an alarming way. ... I sped up and overtook him.
It is always better to leave these people to zoom away in front
Quote:
But again, this guy started zigzagging his bike in front of me. He was threatening his life as well as the lives of others.
He doesn't seem to want to live. I'd suggest that he was drunk? Except many of those guys don't need to be. He is overtaking others dangerously too.

He comes so close to clipping the median. When I see people like that, I always think: he could be on the road in front of my car in a flash, and I drive ready for that.

I don't wish any harm to them or their families: but if they must try to kill themselves that is their business. Let them not ruin our lives too.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 16:44   #12615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
This happened yesterday.
I was coming with my family from Kollam to Thrissur. After Angamaly town, I was stopped at a traffic signal. When I started to drive, a biker suddenly crossed in front of me from right to left in an alarming way. He started to shout and make some hand gestures. I sped up and overtook him. But again, this guy started zigzagging his bike in front of me. He was threatening his life as well as the lives of others.
Almost seems like he wants to pick up some kind of fight with you and use that as a lever to extort some money. I hate to say (and think) this but it reminds me of a movie where a poor man comes in front of a car, gets into an accident and uses that to extort money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks