Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2024, 12:55   #12571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Hoping for saner traffic in Trivandrum, I am shifting there within a month.

Yup, one of the rare capital cities with beautiful roads.
Oh it's definitely saner compared to Kochi or Calicut the other two cities in the state. Decent road (most of them dug up now due to Smart City works) and generally good drivers. And unlike Central-North Kerala, the bus drivers are a much more saner lot

But just wish the cops would start enforcing the small mistake corrections thereby pinching the issue in the bud before it goes out of hand.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 08:05   #12572

Had a near miss right in front of office in Gurgaon, but got a horrible scratch on my endeavour's bumper . He only did not fall off (and possibly come under my car) thanks to my heavy braking. This is routine as we know, they just manage to squeeze in front of cars… not this time though.
PunchsucKr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 21:24   #12573

I had a close encounter yesterday with an Eeco driven dangerously on a highway. Not sure what he was thinking.

Here is the video link (and please don't miss the headlights)

onthewheels is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 11:33   #12574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthewheels View Post
I had a close encounter yesterday with an Eeco driven dangerously on a highway. Not sure what he was thinking.

Ah, the I'm too environment conscious and don't want to waste fuel by going the right way to take the U-turn!

Just boggles the mind as to what such brainiacs are thinking while doing such stunts like this.

If you had stopped and asked him what he was doing, i am pretty sure his response would be "what, can't you see the headlights?!"

People need to realize road rules are meant for safety and not for your convenience. If the next U-Turn point is 2 or 10kms away, then so be it, drive on.
deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 19:59   #12575

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post

If you had stopped and asked him what he was doing, i am pretty sure his response would be "what, can't you see the headlights?!"
If I had stopped, I would have received an earful from him for sure. I loved your response, though.

Even if we consider that he was taking a U-turn and wanted to go in the wrong direction, what is the need to come all the way to the right lane?

Anyway, I'm just grateful that the view from the car was good enough to spot him well in advance.
onthewheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 21:16   #12576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthewheels View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=nRm71Wh1QGs

You should have switched on your wiper and given him no signal.

I remember a story that happened at my place. There was a very narrow road (still narrow, but now one-way). Once, a bus and an auto came face-to-face and stopped in the middle of the road. Neither vehicle can go forward since the road is very narrow, and the argument started. The bus driver said to the auto driver, "I blinked my headlight. Did you notice?"
The reply from the auto driver was hilarious. I said no to you. Didn't you notice I gave a no signal with my wipers?

Last edited by ampere : 9th March 2024 at 19:23.
Bonemechanic is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 20:32   #12577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
You should have switched on your wiper and given him no signal.
This is outright hilarious. I will definitely keep this in mind next time.

Here is a video of another close encounter with Ritz. In retrospect, I had around 2–3 seconds to react, and I could have slowed down a bit in advance.

onthewheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 22:47   #12578
Distinguished - BHPian

1. i10 driver must be in a hurry. He ignored the two wheelers on the left lane and almost brushed me off while overtaking.

2. Bullet rider ignores the double yellow marking amd overtakes like an idiot in the narrow space betweem carens and barricade. Carens driver got angry and said something, for which the bullet rider shouts at him to stop, all the while using his phone.

3. Jazz driver waiting cluelessly to merge into the opposite lane.

4. Tata ace driver switches ON right turn indicator, moves right towards the bridge, and suddenly changes his mind, while still having right indicator ON.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 29th February 2024 at 23:05.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 18:06   #12579
Distinguished - BHPian

Notice the bike rider riding recklessly into the oncoming traffic and braking at the end. I could see him just before the auto and could brake in time. The dashcam has a better view as it is wide angle and placed in the middle. From the driver's seat, the biker wasn't visible until the last moment as the auto was in my line of vision.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 7th March 2024 at 18:14.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 18:46   #12580

Location - Khar Subway road, Mumbai

A very common sight on this road is over smart two wheelers, taking the wrong side of the road to skip traffic.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-moron-biker-1.jpg

It's infuriating to see them flouting rules with complete audacity. What really got my blood boiling today was an obnoxious moron who could have cause a very fatal accident.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-moron-biker-2.jpg

You see him almost hitting this pedestrian. Then turning and shouting at her for being on the phone. I did the most non-violent thing I could do. I stood there and sat on the horn for him to go back and take the correct lane.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-moron-biker-3.jpg

In turn he is behaving like he owns the road and done nothing wrong.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-moron-biker-4.jpg

This is a very common attitude with drivers on Indian roads. They may be in the wrong, breaking the law, but they will abuse you and not give a damn about others.

Watch the video here for the non-violent showdown

blitzkrieg is offline   (68) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 11:09   #12581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
Location - Khar Subway road, Mumbai

A very common sight on this road is over smart two wheelers, taking the wrong side of the road to skip traffic.

You see him almost hitting this pedestrian. Then turning and shouting at her for being on the phone.
When idiot meets senseless!

While wondering about the thought process of riders taking on traffic head on through the wrong side, I can't help but wonder what goes on in the mind of the pedestrian who walks on the middle of the road!

While wrong side riding is uncommon here, the middle walker phenomenon is rampant here and even on roads with nice footpaths.

Oh well, there is no explaining sense to the senseless.
deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 12:14   #12582

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
the middle walker phenomenon is rampant here and even on roads with nice footpaths.
The most horrifying example of this is when people walk on the road with a child on the outside (close to moving vehicles) instead of on the inside where they will be (relatively) safer. So many times I've stopped and explained this to the person. They just stare at me blankly or walk away.
blitzkrieg is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 01:03   #12583
BHPian

Today's idotic driver

ssateesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 10:24   #12584
BHPian

Another day, another maniac out to endanger both his life as well as others ! Imagine a poor gentleman driving his car carefully and then running into such idiots on the road. The ironic fact is that these self-entitled goons will drive properly when abroad where rules are more strict. Whereas back here, they throw caution to the winds and behave as if the whole country is at their mercy.
SithDefender is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 11:23   #12585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
Watch the video here for the non-violent showdown
A lot of things are going wrong everywhere! I wonder why the pedestrians are walking in the middle of the road. The biker - the less said the better. He behaves as if he owns the road.

I noticed that nowadays, nobody (driving schools, private tutors, or anybody teaching newbie drivers) cares about teaching the right way to drive/ride and obeying the traffic rules. All they will help you is to get the license to drive/ride on the road and that's it. The correct way to ride/drive is by obeying/following the traffic rules - what's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Today's idotic driver

https://Youtu.be/dISBjcwXOPo
That's a narrow miss! it was almost a head-on collision with the TUV/XUV-300!

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 9th March 2024 at 11:25.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks