Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2023, 19:55   #12526
UMe
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Usual sight on NH66 (Kannur-Calicut: Kerala).

Private bus overtaking in a tight space. Apparently, there are many diversion on the highway due to ongoing road work.

Last edited by UMe : 29th December 2023 at 20:15.
UMe is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:30   #12527
BHPian

This ain't bad driving this is something more. How can he even think of doing such a stunt with a kid? Even if he is not doing any speed, this will pose a huge threat to the kid.

https://x.com/rushlane/status/1741802249544991095?s=20
vvivek85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 21:46   #12528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
This ain't bad driving this is something more. How can he even think of doing such a stunt with a kid? Even if he is not doing any speed, this will pose a huge threat to the kid.
I challenge you; think of the stupidest thing that could be done on the roads, there is an Indian driver who will "better" it in real life.

Last edited by ampere : 27th February 2024 at 23:33.
electric_eel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 11:05   #12529
BHPian

Car parking middle of the road

Evening heavy traffic time, single-line road. This man decided to park his car in the middle of the side road and block all vehicle traffic. He had ample parking space at the road shoulder. When the bus came, he walked slowly and started the car. What a fantastic way of parking

Last edited by Sheel : 19th January 2024 at 10:30. Reason: Typo.
Bonemechanic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 15:14   #12530

What I hate and am most terrified of riding/driving at night in our cities is and perhaps highways too (I don't drive at night on highways due to my age) is the significant numbers of 2 and 3-wheelers as well as 4-wheeler riders/drivers without lights. Most are of the older models which don't have DRLs. They are clueless about their dire need for being visible at night which is possible only if they have their lights on. There are many women and men too in my city who ride 2-wheelers at night without any lights and worse carrying children on them. On a few occasions, I have come very close to crashing into 2-wheelers who pass vehicles without any lights. And it is no stretch to expect the same to happen with 4-wheelers particularly when they are between vehicles that have their lights on high. The traffic police also seem clueless about the danger vehicles without lights can cause. Since I see people commit this violation without fear of being penalised for the same.
old_cayuse is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 16:05   #12531
Distinguished - BHPian

Thus video shows a couple that is romancing on the streets overtly. The incident took place on Bandra Reclamation road, with the riders sans helmets. After the video went viral, the concerned police station was called upon to initiate action. The rider was arrested and his two wheeler seized.

The video:-

https://twitter.com/bandrabuzz/statu...0%2Fframe.html

The newslink: -

https://www.freepressjournal.in/amp/...ource=inshorts
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 10:45   #12532

People have no qualms about revesing or doing 'U' turns in the middle of heavy traffic without consideration of creating chaos. Parking vehicles on all corners of narrow turns and cross roads impeding the flow of traffic. Even worse are the guys/gals who reverse their vehicles to reverse direction within the confines of a narrow road rather than use the nearest junction to do the same. No courtsey, concern or shame in doing these idiocies.
Old 15th January 2024, 13:37   #12533
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

While driving from Hassan to Bangalore on a road trip to Belur-Hoyslaeshwara Temples, I encountered a dangerous situation. As I was driving after sunset I was taking the car in front of me as reference and maintaining the same speed. I did'nt want to follow it as I also want to see what is infront of the vehicle. I was driving like this for around 100km. Coming over the bend the lights in front felt normal as sometimes there is a break in the bush cover on the divider. Coming closer I came to know two vehicles were driving in the opposite lane (That too in the overtaking lane) . Why?. What am I supposed to do not drive

itspatra is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 16:40   #12534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thus video shows a couple that is romancing on the streets overtly. [/url]
My first thought was to wonder what was wrong with that! Then I watched the video

I have long thought that part of the problem of irresponsible biking is that, even without "overt romancing," of which this is an extreme instance, the young woman riding pillion gets a thrill from her mate's stupidity. Worse: she learns to drive the same way.

Women could make a difference. Or just go on being part of the problem.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 16:53   #12535
BHPian

Reading this news feed, i am wondering if all these people who are stupid enough to stop their vehicles on an expressway to take selfies, are genuinely idiots or just careless. That no serious accident took place is a wonder.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../106840885.cms

Last edited by Aditya : 16th January 2024 at 17:05. Reason: Link fixed
Old 16th January 2024, 19:07   #12536
Distinguished - BHPian

An auto rickshaw was spotted on Mumbai's just inaugurated Atal Setu, violating traffic restrictions.There are toll booths on either sides that were perhaps under general anaesthesia.

A picture of the same was posted on X by user Saravanan Radhakrishnan on Monday. Several people wondered how the three-wheeler got there and tagged the Mumbai Police to take action against the driver.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20240116_190232.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20240116_190236.jpg

(Images by Mr S. Radhakrishnan on X)

It is to be noted, Mumbai Traffic Police had informed about the restrictions on the entry of tractors, three-wheelers, tempo, motorcycles etc. "Entry of the following vehicles: Motor Cycle, Moped, 3 Wheeler Tempo, Auto Rickshaw, Tractor, Tractor With unladen trolley, Animal Drawn Vehicles & Slow Moving Vehicle will not be allowed on MTHL," they wrote on X .

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20240116_190531.jpg

The news link:-

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/auto...reacts-4872016
anjan_c2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 18:27   #12537
Distinguished - BHPian

A video showing firecrackers being set off from the roof of a moving car in Noida's Sector 2 has gone viral on social media. The footage features a black Scorpio driving down the road while simultaneously igniting fireworks from its roof, creating a spectacle that has caught the attention of netizens. After the video of the incident went viral, Noida police registered a case and investigation is underway in this regard.

The video:

https://twitter.com/News1IndiaTweet/...jA56xUn2w&s=19

The news:-

Noida: Man Bursts Firecrackers On Moving Car's Roof, Case Registered After Video Goes Viral

http://dhunt.in/RZDCp?s=a&uu=0x4a09defdfbda8a93&ss=pd
Source : "Latestly" via Dailyhunt

Sad to say, we are reading about bizarre and unsafe human triggered happenings that rattle our mindsets. Newer gimmicks at the expense of safety of the public with such disastrous ingenuity have become the order of the day.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 17th January 2024 at 18:28.
Old 18th January 2024, 13:44   #12538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
It is to be noted, Mumbai Traffic Police had informed about the restrictions on the entry of tractors, three-wheelers, tempo, motorcycles etc. "Entry of the following vehicles: Motor Cycle, Moped, 3 Wheeler Tempo, Auto Rickshaw, Tractor, Tractor With unladen trolley, Animal Drawn Vehicles & Slow Moving Vehicle will not be allowed on MTHL," they wrote on X .

Just wondering out loud here - they have mentioned tractor & tractor with unladen trolley. Does that mean a tractor with a laden trolley is allowed?! (and if not, why mention unladen trolley separately anyway?) Amusing

Last edited by ampere : 27th February 2024 at 23:33. Reason: formatted quoted post
N.A.GTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 06:24   #12539
BHPian

This happened on the Jog - Honnavar Road.
The tempo traveller stopped his vehicle exactly before the curve and I had to use my horn liberally to alert oncoming vehicles.

chaitanyakrish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 09:31   #12540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
This happened on the Jog - Honnavar Road.
Wow! Chaithanyakrish - I would call it polite honking, just a couple of double toots.
Rgds, Balaji

Last edited by ampere : 27th February 2024 at 23:34. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Bsimhan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks