Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2020, 21:09   #11116
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_max View Post
Does anyone else feel the lockdown has made drivers even more idiotic? SUre, the sheer number of vehicles are down, but whatever vehicles that are on road drive like maniacs now that the roads are free.
Fully agree. Had to travel to other end of Delhi on the 30th & was dismayed at the general driving sense going bonkers. This was more particular with smalller commercial vehicles, auto-rickshaws & 2-wheelers. Had to use the horn liberally & concentrate harder than earlier despite lesser traffic.
Old 7th July 2020, 14:51   #11117
Senior - BHPian

This guy would probably qualify for this thread. Even though the parking lot was fairly empty, he wanted to park next to the elevator and spent more time in trying to do so than what he would have by walking 10 steps more.

Jaguar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 16:26   #11118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
This guy would probably qualify for this thread. Even though the parking lot was fairly empty, he wanted to park next to the elevator and spent more time in trying to do so than what he would have by walking 10 steps more
Any parking one can walk away from is a good one? But he really makes a mess of that. I think partly because he us shy/lazy about turning the steering wheel far enough, so ends up doing much more work in the end.

I always prefer to reverse into a parking space, largely because it is so much easier and safer to drive out of it forwards. Despite that, I am afraid I often do it, ahem, elegantly. Always reassuring to see someone worse

Used to have a girlfriend in London who was a better driver than me. Perhaps not technically, but in observation and anticipation skills she could beat me any day, and that is what really counts. I used to tell her, please reverse into car-park spaces, one day you may find yourself in a dark car park with dodgy people around, and you may want to be able to get out of there quickly. It is a skill, and it is also a matter of safety. But she would not take my advice on that one
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 18:12   #11119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
This guy would probably qualify for this thread. Even though the parking lot was fairly empty, he wanted to park next to the elevator and spent more time in trying to do so than what he would have by walking 10 steps more....
One point for perseverance. He stuck with it beyond the point it gets embarrassing if someone's waiting!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th July 2020 at 18:15.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 11:32   #11120
BHPian

This video came in my Facebook feed. Don’t know what to tell. Folks please decide. Those comments

https://www.facebook.com/10001143810...275879897003/?

Last edited by saisree : 14th July 2020 at 11:34.
Old 21st July 2020, 17:39   #11121
BHPian

Not sure where to post this but is this even possible ?
Video looks authentic though.

Police have arrested a 30-year-old #Bengaluru man for riding his 1000 CC bike at 299 kmph on Electronic City expressway during #lockdown.

https://twitter.com/TOIBengaluru/sta...669393408?s=20
Foxbat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 07:07   #11122
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope it had a good sump guard

Source - Youtube
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 11:48   #11123
BHPian

This person is really celebrating his purchases.

Businessman Roy Kurian against whom a case was registered recently for conducting night party, breaching the Covid protocol, has again landed in trouble by conducting a road show. Kurien had conducted the road show with eight lorries. A case has also been filed against lorry drivers for reckless driving. The show was conducted at Kothamangalam on Tuesday, he had got the delivery of seven new tipper Lorries and a Benz car on Monday.

https://keralakaumudi.com/en/news/news.php?id=358038&u=

Old 29th July 2020, 12:37   #11124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
It must've been really hard for the people driving ahead of him to resist the temptation to brake check

Money can't buy you intelligence and class, even a Rolls Royce won't make up for what he lacks.

Last edited by --gKrish-- : 29th July 2020 at 12:39.
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 23:39   #11125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Kurien had conducted the road show with eight lorries.
Example that no amount of money can get rid of the crass behavior of some people, let alone the narcissism exhibited. Does he think it’s his own road to have a procession parading his new purchases at low speed?
Old 4th August 2020, 09:48   #11126
BHPian

Happened to capture these on my 70mai dashcam.

This dumb rider on a scooter just cannot go straight. At the start of the video, you can see him swerving right into my lane after a bike in front of him decided to change his path and I had to move all the way to the right. Luckily my right side was empty. I actually thought this guy was going to make a right turn, but surprised me again and went straight like a snake.

The next one is blind overtaking at its best, and not one, not two, but 3 vehicles overtaking without seeing whats coming up ahead primarily because there was a huge gas tanker in front of them, and its a left turn, so there isnt a way for them to see whats coming. Luckily I was in slow speeds and then decided to crawl further to save me and my car. Lorry went back to its lane, that small pickup went ahead in overtaking, swift driver couldn’t care more as he kept his car in both the lanes. Hope they dont learn the hardway.

Last edited by Xaos636 : 4th August 2020 at 09:50.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 12:53   #11127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post

The next one is blind overtaking at its best, and not one,
Wonder what that bright white unbroken line of paint in the middle of the road means...Hmmmm
deathwalkr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 13:41   #11128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Wonder what that bright white unbroken line of paint in the middle of the road means...Hmmmm
A guideline to help them drive straight (placing the wheels on either side of the line).
TorqueyTechie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 17:16   #11129
BHPian

Bikers will just never learn.

Driving in the monsoons is anyways hectic due to low visibility & added potholes everywhere and to add to the misery these guys riding like they own the street.

With current scenario the number bikes are just going to increase making it even more difficult for one to drive in peace.

OverKill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 12:16   #11130
BHPian

I came across this article and though it did not happen here, thought of posting it.

BOSTON — Firefighters had to bust through the windows of an illegally-parked BMW to access a fire hydrant during an eight-alarm blaze in East Boston Wednesday.
The car was parked in front of a hydrant on Trenton Street when the Lexington Street fire broke out. Firefighters smashed the car's windows to run a hose through it.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/14/firefi...f-hydrant/amp/
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bmw.jpg  

sparky@home is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks