Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2020, 10:15   #11026
BANNED

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
the way he blocked the i20 after the crash was indicative of it being a long and stressful night for the i20 guy. I pity him, but I know he will be more careful if he survived the verbal, maybe physical ancestry tracing he would have faced last night.
If you are talking about the UP16 registered Fortuner that got hit last night, then you need not worry about the i20 occupants. they are all safe and nothing has happened between the guys other than a small exchange of words - that too normal ones; they all knew each other after all, and the i20 guy also has a few bigger toys parked back home - in same town.
Old 15th January 2020, 10:20   #11027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
If you are talking about the UP16 registered Fortuner that got hit last night, then you need not worry about the i20 occupants. they are all safe and nothing has happened between the guys other than a small exchange of words - that too normal ones; they all knew each other after all, and the i20 guy also has a few bigger toys parked back home - in same town.
5th of January. Probably different set of fortuner and i20.
Old 15th January 2020, 10:22   #11028
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
5th of January. Probably different set of fortuner and i20.
Wow, last night around 11 pm; we had a hit from a white i20 at Sarai Kale Khan exit on Barapullah. There was no cow, but both the cars were speeding one behind another; and the driver realized a bit late that he has to be on the right and not the left - indeed the bad driving. Probably the reason is that i20 diesel is quicker than Fortuner and easily keeps up with the Toyota at any speeds.

Last edited by VKumar : 15th January 2020 at 10:24.
Old 15th January 2020, 23:08   #11029
Senior - BHPian

I have come across this Maharashtra State Bus Driver who drove the Bus Recklessly. He almost drove over me.

Some Screenshots are as below-
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1512020_093226.png
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1512020_093227.png
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1512020_093228.png
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1512020_093229.png
The Number of Bus can be seen here in this picture-
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1512020_093230.png
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1512020_093230_2.png

I request all Team-Bhpians and Team-Bhp Guests to share this video as much as possible so as to reach the Ministry of Road Transport.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 00:27   #11030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
He almost drove over me.
It's almost a clear case of sleeping on the wheels OR sheer over confidence. At the last moment, he veers it around. He might have had a heavy lunch!

And again, some of these guys sitting atop a bus, look at other vehicles like pests! I have faced many an encounters like this on B'lore <> M'lore highway.

Last edited by JMaruru : 16th January 2020 at 00:30.
Old 16th January 2020, 02:02   #11031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I request all Team-Bhpians and Team-Bhp Guests to share this video as much as possible so as to reach the Ministry of Road Transport.
I doubt that that works. What you need is targetting, not quantity. The right Twitter ID?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 07:30   #11032
Senior - BHPian

This biker made me feel nervous - not for my safety, but theirs.

I was doing a sedate 80 kmph due to light rains on the highway when the road was wet. This biker was obviously trying to reach his destination quickly and was riding much faster than me. The child on the pillion did not have a helmet. With wet roads and a light rain affecting visibility the outcome of there is an accident can be catastrophic.
BenjiRoss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 08:48   #11033
BHPian

Quote:
I have come across this Maharashtra State Bus Driver who drove the Bus Recklessly. He almost drove over me.

On undivided single roads like this one, vehicles do get on to the opposite lane to pass another vechicle. The overtaking was visible for quite a distance and in your own safety, you could have moved over to your left (there does appear to have been space for that). This is an example of how one could drive defensively and avoid an incident.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 10:05   #11034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Disagree with this one because in Shimla where I have shifted, My open mirrors have been damaged by oncoming traffic's open mirrors so I have shifted to closing them now.

On to of that octavia mirrors cost a ton :(
Not sure about the same. I've never driven in Shimla , but have done a lot of driving in Shillong which - in terms of landscape , road width and traffic density - is quite comparable to Shimla. I find myself handicapped if both external and IRV mirrors are accessible. I am yet to damage mirrors in having extensively driven across South India as well.
JoeMichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 22:03   #11035
BHPian

This is on the Chail-Kufri road which is even narrower than some roads of Shimla. I feel blind and very uncomfortable if I have to drive with my mirrors closed. It all depends on the situation, here's a screenshot from my dashcam where I had no option but to close my ORVM, also do note that these places do not have foothpath so people also walk on the road.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot_20200116215827.png
sinharishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 13:58   #11036
Senior - BHPian

If you wondered why some buses brake late, swerve suddenly or seem haphazard when they drive - it's not surprising to see them using mobile phones while driving. This driver continues to use it even when he knows he is being videographed. I wonder why the person shooting the video did not bother asking him to stop. Or maybe he'd asked and the driver just didn't comply.
BenjiRoss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 18:42   #11037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
If you wondered why some buses brake late, swerve suddenly or seem haphazard when they drive - it's not surprising to see them using mobile phones while driving. This driver continues to use it even when he knows he is being videographed. I wonder why the person shooting the video did not bother asking him to stop. Or maybe he'd asked and the driver just didn't comply.
CEOs are busy people and in high demand. They need to be approachable. Drivers are CEOs of the vehicles they drive

Last edited by rajivtelang : 18th January 2020 at 18:44.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 18:31   #11038
Distinguished - BHPian

He doesn't need to mod his Thar. He needs to get his brain remapped to follow some civic sense on how not to park right at the entrance to the basement ramp and expect other motorists to drive diagonally and enter the basement.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20200119_182541.jpg

When the guard requested him to move it ahead or park at basement, he just started arguing.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2020 at 09:04. Reason: Fixed typo.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 18:35   #11039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
I don't have words to describe this video. I can't believe he has the audacity to upload this video on Youtube.
Wow, so much disregard to traffic rules, discipline and above all to others' and one's own life!

Maybe I'm getting older, these antics make me cringe and want to chastise the yo-yo gen guys doing this; not that I've not done my share of wild things with my 2wheeler and life in those days but not upto such levels of madness! Concern to others was/is of prime importance, as my father a stickler of military discipline used to drill it into the young me - road is not your father's property, it belongs to all!
Old 27th January 2020, 12:59   #11040
BHPian

Came across this swarm of 2 wheelers on NH 4, somewhere just before Dabaspete. They were occupying all lanes and acting as "protection" to the inner stunt makers who were busy doing Wheelies while the others captured the stunts on their mobile phones.

Notice that none of them are wearing helmets. Some of them dont even have a rear registration plate (and a mud guard if its a scooterette like Dio/Activa). Most of them are probably around 17-20y old and didnt care 2 hoots about the other vehicles on the road. They were shouting, howling and creating a huge ruckus on the highway! Many of them riding triples too!

We were constantly worried that one of them may fall and come under our car for no fault of ours and hence maintained a safe distance behind them. A couple of honks yielded no results and more honking made them give way for us and the other traffic behind us.

There were a lot of KSRTC buses literally transferring their paint to our car's rear bumpers behind us nudging us to move forward and it made this a harrowing few seconds for us. Was just praying that none of these buffoons crashes and came under our car!

I guess its a matter of time until Murphy's law kicks in and Darwin's Theory is proved with these hooligans on the road!

Last edited by vsathyap : 27th January 2020 at 13:01.
vsathyap is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks