Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2018, 14:31   #10171
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Here is a person riding a scooter, without wearing a helmet, having a kid standing between him and the pillion and riding onto on-coming traffic!!!

In the other picture, he is seen turning blindly in front of a car with very little room on the left since there is a car parked on the left
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-scooterist-riding-kid-standing-between-rider-pillion1.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-scooterist-riding-kid-standing-between-rider-pillion2.jpg  

Last edited by swissknife : 29th May 2018 at 14:39. Reason: added another picture
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 21:34   #10172
Distinguished - BHPian

He blocked the entire traffic on this fast 4L stretch to take a "U" turn onto the narrow service lane

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20180527_073218919.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 15:40   #10173
BHPian

This Innova driver almost pushed me into the median and subsequently on to the taxi waiting for turn. Since I spotted the taxi, I let him pass to avoid hitting the taxi. Nowadays, leaving space behind the vehicle in front is becoming tough, unfortunately.

This bus driver almost gave me a scare by moving in to my lane. This is after I flashed my lights to let him know that I am planning to overtake.

Last edited by jpcoolguy : 2nd June 2018 at 15:46.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 17:22   #10174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
This bus driver almost gave me a scare by moving in to my lane. This is after I flashed my lights to let him know that I am planning to overtake.

OT - Ah, SRM campus. Brings back memories .

Better to be extra cautious while overtaking buses. Never know what their next move will be. Experienced such morons here in Cochin (infamous private bus drivers).

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th June 2018 at 18:21. Reason: Removing URL from quoted post :)
Old 5th June 2018, 18:19   #10175
BHPian

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with this picture. Two cars parked at the side of the road, and two cars are driving along, opposite to each other. Normal.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20180605_180932.jpg

Well, not normal at all. The Dzire has been parked. Locked doors, handbrake, everything. He chose to park, on a blind corner, in the middle of the street. A simple turn of the steering wheel would have taken him to the side of the street with ample parking space, and yes he chooses to park bang in the middle of the street.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20180605_180700.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20180605_180842.jpg

And no, he hasn't broken down. Even if he had broken down, the bare minimum he could have done was turn on the hazards, unless his battery had died. As I walked away I saw him finish his tea and cigarette and drive away happily. What makes people behave so awfully? I just fail to understand how lazy one must be to leave his car on the middle of the road just for a cigarette and tea.
esoticoreventon is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 11:49   #10176
BHPian

This rider turned off into a "break" in the median. There was a truck that was not too far behind the bike as well. No helmet, no mirrors and didn't look behind to check on traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-turning-into-nowhere.jpg  

swissknife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 14:09   #10177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
This rider turned off into a "break" in the median. There was a truck that was not too far behind the bike as well. No helmet, no mirrors and didn't look behind to check on traffic.
Ah, the i am too lazy to go further up ahead to take the turn at the designated place, mileage you see...road safety be damned.

I keep seeing similar instances over here in the city where bikers use a small cut in the median meant for pedestrians to cross [zebra crossing]. Hopeless.

And less said about the parked Dezire the better
Old 6th June 2018, 14:18   #10178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
And no, he hasn't broken down. Even if he had broken down, the bare minimum he could have done was turn on the hazards, unless his battery had died. As I walked away I saw him finish his tea and cigarette and drive away happily. What makes people behave so awfully? I just fail to understand how lazy one must be to leave his car on the middle of the road just for a cigarette and tea.
Unreal. Complete lack of civic sense is what makes people do this. A similar idiot I saw today in Pune. He had park right in the middle of a busy street and went to get some stuff from a pharmacy. A city bus driver was waiting in disbelief as he had no space to go around.

I seriously think police should start using CCTVs to catch such traffic offenders and not just the ones on traffic light. This would help a little.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 20:24   #10179
Senior - BHPian

Saw a video of a Cayman GT4 drifting on Bangalore streets.

Name:  ezgif59f0cb3ccec.gif
Views: 1983
Size:  2.97 MB

In this clip, the car drifts right in front of a bus. Notice how the bus has to brake to avoid any accident. Even the car behind the bus has to brake. Who is to blame if the bus failed to stop in time?
Cutting in front of a heavy vehicle is never a good idea.

Name:  ezgif5be7d132e67.gif
Views: 1962
Size:  2.97 MB

In this clip, the driver can't see if any vehicles are coming on the other side of the bus. Yes, the car doesn't move to the outer lane but it does come pretty close to those cyclists. One of the cyclists luckily moved left.

Unfortunately, I see a lot of followers on social media praising the driver's driving skills.

ChiragM is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 08:15   #10180
BHPian

I don't know if I am the bad one here? Or if it is the bus driver then should I inform the school authorities? Will that help?

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 08:38   #10181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I don't know if I am the bad one here? Or if it is the bus driver then should I inform the school authorities? Will that help?
Not sure if that was due to fish eye through the Dashcam lens but you appeared too close to the tail of that bus, especially when it was making that left turn for which more often than not such buses needed more space to execute that in such city lanes.

I may be wrong too!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 10:09   #10182
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
You were wrong in being on the rightmost lane, when you had to take the left turn at the signal.

Last edited by Makin Rulesz : 7th June 2018 at 10:10. Reason: Removing video link
Makin Rulesz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 10:39   #10183
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
The bus driver should have seen you in the ORVM before capturing the right lane. However, seems to be too minor of an incident to warrant informing school authorities.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 10:43   #10184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Unfortunately, I see a lot of followers on social media praising the driver's driving skills.
Yes, it seems like the entire channel is dedicated to that Porsche driver and her shenanigans. I wonder what's taking the authorities so long to take action.

Source - http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...n-1786271.html

Regards

Last edited by aah78 : 7th June 2018 at 17:20. Reason: Removing video from quote & avoiding political mention :)
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 17:23   #10185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Agree with @makin rulesz, the fault primarily lies in your bucket being on the rightmost lane and yet taking the left turn. Also doesn't help as the car in front of you went straight while you are completely in the bus driver's blind zone. He'd probably take the red car's decision as the basis for all vehicles on his right side; and rightly moved towards the right side once the red car moved on straight.

Edit: Even the grey innova in front of the red i10 goes straight ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
You were wrong in being on the rightmost lane, when you had to take the left turn at the signal.
+ 1

Last edited by ninjatalli : 9th June 2018 at 17:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks