Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2018, 19:21   #9931
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
There is a guy crossing that parked car on the wrong side as well
That's quite a common sight in Vijayawada. Earlier, I used to edify them but gave up the idea since I don't want to get myself assaulted by such nincompoops!
Old 24th January 2018, 12:10   #9932
BHPian

Meet the contestant for bad parking champion. The Baleno is parked correctly but the Grand i10 is literally parked in the middle of the road. Plus dark sun films. There is no one inside.

Unless it was a tip of the iceberg type of emergency call ! I don't understand what prompted the driver of this car to park in such a manner.

Maybe the guy is just from a more traffic dense part of the city having narrow roads, trying to troll us saying, " You don't need such wide roads, here let me prove it to you by parking my car in the middle of the road! People won't even care."

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20180124_122227.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20180124_122614.jpg

Last edited by Shanksta : 24th January 2018 at 12:27. Reason: Adding info.
Shanksta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 12:17   #9933
BHPian

I saw another driving champ on the way to work today. Moron driving on the sector roads of Greater Noida while chatting on the phone using one hand and operating whatsapp on another phone using the other!

I considered reminding him that the T logo on his car was for Tata and not Tesla... but he would probably not get it.
naturaldisaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 12:32   #9934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
I saw another driving champ on the way to work today. Moron driving on the sector roads of Greater Noida while chatting on the phone using one hand and operating whatsapp on another phone using the other!

I considered reminding him that the T logo on his car was for Tata and not Tesla... but he would probably not get it.
With such antics, he may not be alive by the time Tesla launches in India.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 16:47   #9935
BHPian

Came across this parked bike today at Baiyappanhalli metro station

Really an idiot.

There were ample space on both sides and there were many other slots available also. Not sure what in the world the fellow was thinking while parking his bike like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20180123_203223339.jpg  

haria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 19:34   #9936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
There were ample space on both sides and there were many other slots available also. Not sure what in the world the fellow was thinking while parking his bike like this.
Must be a real fool!
OR
He would have parked properly, but someone else might have moved his bike to that position for easier access to their two wheeler and forgot to put his bike back.
nikhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 15:41   #9937
BHPian

A few more from the past month.

* In the first video the Polo guy drives up the wrong side of the U-Turn and takes a really dangerous U turn at a blind curve for both sides. That Layby/service lane is to only take U-turn from the side I was on. This is at Raj Bhavan.

* Second video watch the top right screen carefully, biker riding on the wrong side cool passes a zebra crossing. The pedestrian a middle aged lady trips over his bike and falls down really hard.

* Really close call for the Auto.
Shanksta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 12:32   #9938
BHPian

I was on a short ride towards Maddur and spotted this wonderful gentleman driving a Bolero quite hastily. Switching lanes without indicators and lane splitting in a car. His left mirror was closed and the best part was he and his co passenger were on the highway without seatbelts.

So much for "I Drive Safe" pasted on his rear glass.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-fhd0123_moment1.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-fhd0123_moment2.jpg

Sorry for the wrong date in the images as the date was not setup in my action cam after a recent reset.
nikhn is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 14:21   #9939
BHPian

When u can have gone to school, know how to read, have money to buy a car but still don't care about safety of your family and other road users. You are surely a bad driver and also wise than an illiterate person.

The road where these cars are parked is a approach road to food mall just off the expressway.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1517129431947.jpg  

Last edited by freedom : 28th January 2018 at 14:23.
freedom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 16:00   #9940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

A few more from the past month.

* In the first video the Polo guy drives up the wrong side of the U-Turn and takes a really dangerous U turn at a blind curve for both sides. That Layby/service lane is to only take U-turn from the side I was on. This is at Raj Bhavan.

* Second video watch the top right screen carefully, biker riding on the wrong side cool passes a zebra crossing. The pedestrian a middle aged lady trips over his bike and falls down really hard.

* Really close call for the Auto.
That's one wobbly mount!
Old 28th January 2018, 16:07   #9941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
That's one wobbly mount!
Actually the mount is a glue type one and is stuck firmly. It is the ball joint for the pivot, to turn the camera around, that cannot be tightened and though it is firm it does wobble due to the resonance from the engine at low rpm. 95% of videos are crisp and do not have any shake.

Been thinking of squeezing some fevikwik in there to see it arrests the ball join in one place, but the videos have never been very wobbly wherein you couldn't make out anything so have found peace with it.
Old 28th January 2018, 23:20   #9942
BHPian

Hi All,

Civic sense (lack of) in Honda Civic

Off-roading in an Alto

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 28th January 2018 at 23:47.
Old 29th January 2018, 10:30   #9943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
[url]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/
...In the first video the Polo guy drives up the wrong side of the U-Turn and takes a really dangerous U turn at a blind curve for both sides....
Is that a police patrol car (Maroon Bolero), parked on your left at 00:14 (When the policeman crossed you) in the first VDO? I see some lights flashing on its roof. So if they have no respect for a Police car parked there, no comments further. I thought the policeman that crossed you, was trying to catch the polo. Even he did not bothered. Strange!!
Old 29th January 2018, 11:28   #9944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Is that a police patrol car (Maroon Bolero), parked on your left at 00:14 (When the policeman crossed you) in the first VDO? I see some lights flashing on its roof. So if they have no respect for a Police car parked there, no comments further. I thought the policeman that crossed you, was trying to catch the polo. Even he did not bothered. Strange!!
That is the entrance to the Raj Bhavan at Chennai. Cops are stationed there regularly. But then, such blatant acts of traffic offenses are done right interesting under the noses of cops!!
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 12:17   #9945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
As mentioned by BHPian swissknife, that is the entrance to Raj Bhavan(Governor's Residence) and hence there are always a few cop cars stationed there. The cops turn a blind eye to almost every violation in Chennai unless it is the month end and they need to make some revenue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
That is the entrance to the Raj Bhavan at Chennai. Cops are stationed there regularly. But then, such blatant acts of traffic offenses are done right interesting under the noses of cops!!
This is nothing I see far worse offenses committed under the nose and also supervision of the cops.

Once while waiting under the Anna university bridge to take a left onto Kotturpuram main road (It is not a free left), because of every impatient driver honking behind me the cop got frustrated with me patiently waiting for the signal and asked me to go. When cops themselves don't reprimand motorists for breaking rules, we cannot do much about it.

Another instance of blatant violation is the Traffic signal at the junction of GST road and MKN road(Trans car Mercedes showroom). Here the junction i.e, the break in the divider is only meant for vehicles turning into GST road, from MKN road, towards Kathipara bridge. But there are loads of motorists that take a U-Turn despite there being a no U-turn board on both sides and all this when there are not 1, but 3 cops manning the junction. The actual U-turn is just 500mts down the road near OTA. I don't understand why they try to save 1 km worth of fuel while risking theirs and fellow motorists life by turning into high speed and dense traffic.

But I have to say there are many good traffic cops too that I've seen.

Last edited by Shanksta : 29th January 2018 at 12:26.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks