Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2014, 19:02   #7051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

The situation has become so unreasonably stupid on Pune Nagar road that,
I have also started to follow the same way the cabbies or bus drivers drive or some smart guys who really know how to drive.

(One day i had the guts to ask one person, please teach me how do you drive that way , the guy frowned and shied away).

Case2: In one mall parking, politely asked one so appeared gentleman to park his car some places ahead so as to make some safe passage to let me go through, along comes reply, but this is parking slot. I thought to myself WOW what a gentleman, not worth my time to reason him.

Time to re-read SS recommendations on defensive driving mantra and follow the crowd instead of loosing patience, because in India its unreasonably safest logic

Well.. so car sane driving, where has it gone sigh !!.

(PS: when i say follow the crowd, i mean with all due diligence and safety parameters)

Last edited by bblost : 14th December 2014 at 22:38. Reason: 2 smileys per post. Thanks.
Old 19th December 2014, 14:50   #7052
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car...

White VW Vento ending with 8141 . You were driving recklessly on Nice Road and at one point I was sure you would crash into the truck ahead of you . I was doing close to 90 kph and you just disappeared inspite of such heavy rush hour traffic . My DVR has everything captured . BTP doesnt have an option to upload videos , or else would have definitely shared this with them .
Old 19th December 2014, 14:59   #7053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
White VW Vento ending with 8141 . You were driving recklessly on Nice Road and at one point I was sure you would crash into the truck ahead of you . I was doing close to 90 kph and you just disappeared inspite of such heavy rush hour traffic . My DVR has everything captured . BTP doesnt have an option to upload videos , or else would have definitely shared this with them .
you can upload it to their Facebook page.
Old 19th December 2014, 16:00   #7054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
you can upload it to their Facebook page.
Slightly OT question: Does BTP have jurisdiction on NICE Road? I thought it was a road privately controlled by NICE?

If they do have, wonder why they don't station interceptors on NICE Road. They can mint millions in no time considering the speed limit is officially 80 and I don't think anyone drives at 80.

Not to mention all the people who go to NICE road for test drives to test the 'max speed'

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th December 2014 at 16:03.
Old 19th December 2014, 16:12   #7055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was doing close to 90 kph and you just disappeared inspite of such heavy rush hour traffic
Got confused, heavy rush hour traffic and speeds of 90. Is that possible? This means that the vento guy was going more than your speed. Whats the speed limit for the road? Sorry havent driven on that road hence cant vizualize.
Old 19th December 2014, 16:13   #7056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Slightly OT question: Does BTP have jurisdiction on NICE Road? I thought it was a road privately controlled by NICE?
You have answered it asking the question. NICE is a Private road. Cops need to be summoned/requested to come only after an accident/incident.

Although I have heard some stories about interceptors on NICE (Few months before),I am yet to see concrete proof that they actually do.

I have been taking NICE very regularly end to end and have never spotted Interceptor.

However, I did spot pamphlet stickered on the Toll booth trying to educate the doctorate techies that speed limit is 80KMPH as per BTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Got confused, heavy rush hour traffic and speeds of 90. Is that possible? This means that the vento guy was going more than your speed. Whats the speed limit for the road? Sorry havent driven on that road hence cant vizualize.
This is an tolled road spanning 34 kms cutting across the city from Extreme North to West.

One can easily do typical highway speeds here.

Here's some eye candy:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-nice.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th December 2014 at 16:18.
Old 19th December 2014, 19:44   #7057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Lemme try and share the video. Speed limit like Parag mentioned should be 80 kph
Old 20th December 2014, 23:03   #7058
Team-BHP Support

Happened in the afternoon today in BSK 3rd Stage. There's a street that's temporarily one-way during certain hours of the day. One lane is kept open for traffic while the oncoming lane is blocked with a movable barrier by the cop manning the junction. I was third in line behind two other cars waiting my turn to go when a white Swift driven by a senior citizen with family in tow pulled up on my right. The (not so) gentleman rolled down his window and gestures at me to make space for him, while I'm boxed in between vehicles front and back. I politely tell him he should get in line like everyone else instead of trying to pull stunts. He mutters something inaudible, then proceeds to barge his way ahead of me, missing my front fender by a whisker. Only my love for my car stopped me from cutting him off at the last moment. I smiled ruefully and moved on. It's times like these when I feel the BTP is justified in canceling licenses even for minor offences. Most drivers have gotten so used to behaving badly on-road that only taking away their right to drive may possibly knock some sense into them, if at all.
Old 20th December 2014, 23:10   #7059
Team-BHP Support

This happened last week. It was one of the weirdest example of bad driving I have seen.
The ORR Gachibowli stretch sends at a roundabout under a flyover.
This is a wide road.

A minor traffic jam and an i20 went from the the extreme left lane all the way to the right.
Continued on the wrong side of the roundabout and merged into the traffic that was turning right.

Name:  path.png
Views: 961
Size:  8.8 KB
Old 20th December 2014, 23:30   #7060
Senior - BHPian

talking about going left to right, here's something that went extreme right to left and almost ended up getting killed!

happened this morning when i was driving to my home town. thanks to them Hankooks i could stop the car within centimetres of the Liva. phew!
Old 21st December 2014, 00:05   #7061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
This happened last week. It was one of the weirdest example of bad driving I have seen.
This is a wide road.

A minor traffic jam and an i20 went from the the extreme left lane all the way to the right.
Continued on the wrong side of the roundabout and merged into the traffic that was turning right.
He is smart a$$ you know

This is quite common in Bangalore. I have stopped bothering about it.

No matter what you do, these people are like dogs tail and will never improve.
Old 21st December 2014, 00:45   #7062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
talking about going left to right, here's something that went extreme right to left and almost ended up getting killed!...
I'd had two such noteworthy incidents. In one, my better half paid the price - I had to jam the brakes when an imbecile riding triple on a 2-wheeler cut across in front of me, from the left most lane, to the right most lane at around the same place (I reckon it's somewhere near Hosur on the NH7), my better half sprained her neck real bad. I thanked the tyre upsize that day. In the second incident, my car got rear ended - a biker decided to stop on the right most lane on the Silk Board flyover and answer a super important phone call, a Tata Ace tailing him screeched to a halt, I stopped behind the Ace without much drama, but an Omni with bullbars weighing more than the van, that was tailgating me thought I'd lift off and make way for him. Result, a heart-wrenching dent on my car's tailgate.

Interestingly, both the incidents happened within weeks of the Krishnagiri meet

*** RANT ALERT ***
I didn't see the biker wearing even a helmet, in your video. It's appalling to note that the concerned authorities turn a blind eye to such dangerous acts on one hand, while trying to squeeze the living blood out of law abiding motorists in various forms, on the other hand.

Last edited by silversteed : 21st December 2014 at 00:46.
Old 21st December 2014, 07:40   #7063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
This is a wide road.

Similar situation is very very common in Hinjewadi, Pune - there is a big round about towards the far end of Hinjewadi - next to Tech Mahindra Campus and TCS. To make right turns and U turns, people happily drive in the opposite direction in the round about! I had some heart-stopping moments while trying to cross the roundabout properly. And many of these are supposedly educated IT folks in their nice cars!!
Bigzero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 12:34   #7064
BHPian

I have come across many bikers who deliberately keep their number plates folded upwards, so that their numbers are not readable.

One thing I've noticed that these people are very talented drivers but somehow I'm unable to figure out why such people want their registration numbers to be unreadable.
Old 21st December 2014, 16:54   #7065
BHPian

In Koramangala, 2 no parking signs, yet he calmly parks folds the mirrors and walks off!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1419161051.660200.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd December 2014 at 10:39.
KevinP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks