Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 13:44   #6721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Some of the companies like where I work have zero tolerance towards road indiscipline.The company cars have speed governors installed in them,speed restricted to 60Kmph be it highways or inside city. Any employee found driving a car without a seat belt gets terminated.It applies for co-passengers too.For a two wheeler wearing a helmet is must.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 12th September 2014 at 13:47.
rakesh_r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 14:15   #6722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
For the rest, you are co-ordially invited to come over to Ecospace, ORR.
If you leave the campus in one piece, you should claim for a Guiness World Record.
I did come to that place to pickup a friend once (from main road itself) and that was the late day!

I dont even think of entering that campus.
Old 12th September 2014, 14:46   #6723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Took this picture at Sony world signal Koramangla this morning.
This is a chronic problem everywhere. In their attempt to get ahead of everyone else and get to their destination quicker, they end up blocking both sides and delay everyone including themselves!

PS:
You could also post this to
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-mod-jobs.html (coz of that ingenious paintjob) and
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-cars-111.html (coz of the placement of the sticker).

Talk about killing 2 birds with a single stone!

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Some of the companies like where I work have zero tolerance towards road indiscipline.The company cars have speed governors installed in them,speed restricted to 60Kmph be it highways or inside city. Any employee found driving a car without a seat belt gets terminated.It applies for co-passengers too.For a two wheeler wearing a helmet is must.
Is this one of the first Indian IT companies with a huge base in Mysore?

Last edited by Dry Ice : 12th September 2014 at 14:53.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 08:15   #6724
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a couple of bad drivers.
The guy parked at the middle of the narrow road blocking the entire traffic.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-driver.jpg
Blocking the free left, at Kundannoor signal, Kochi.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-1.jpg

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th September 2014 at 08:17.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 09:24   #6725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
...Liva. Baby on board sign right in the middle of the rear windscreen. Doubt they use the IRVM at all.
The sign is not blocking out much of rear vision. He's probably strategically placed it to stop being blinded by inconsiderate drivers behind him running on high beam at night. And the driver is visible in the ORVM too, so the ORVM is obviously adjusted more or less okay, which isn't a sign of a bad driver either.
Old 17th September 2014, 10:26   #6726
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning there was this guy in a Santro who stuck to extreme left edge of the road beside the hanging bridge all the way upto KR Puram Railway station, he kept overtaking from left side in the space that was 'left'. In couple of places I thought he'd just fall off the road as there were shops and the road was at least 5ft higher and he was precariously moving on the edge of the sidewalk!
But guess what, he managed to get ahead of everyone else, even a bus that stopped near the KR Puram railway station, overtook it from the left and zoomed off. He just zoomed in front of people waiting to board the bus!

Either he is a veteran on this route who knows every inch at the back of his hand or he is downright stupid but a definite danger to everyone on the road

Last edited by NPV : 17th September 2014 at 10:27.
Old 17th September 2014, 10:34   #6727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Either he is a veteran on this route who knows every inch at the back of his hand or he is downright stupid but a definite danger to everyone on the road
My cab driver does the same, however when I drive I just don't have the heart to put others lives at risk. At times there is a huge surge of people from the railway station and it's quite possible that your left RVM would nudge some poor soul waiting to take a bus/rick.
Old 17th September 2014, 11:19   #6728
Distinguished - BHPian

This guy was really struggling for balance, but still didn't bother to find an alternate.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-amba5644.jpg

Bunch of teenage guys having fun not knowing the risk involved. 5 in front seat(2 each in either side of the driver), 3 hanging outside and I am assuming 5 in rear seat as well.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-snap1.jpg
Old 17th September 2014, 11:30   #6729
Senior - BHPian

Today morning at the signal near Wipro Park Koramangala 1st Block, one moron on a auto-rickshaw trying to change lanes bumped into my cars rear right side, thankfully no scratch or dent.
Old 17th September 2014, 13:26   #6730
Senior - BHPian

Both these Hyundai twins were driven in parallel with their ORVMs closed and blocking way for considerable distance. Ultimately the drivers of the cars following them had to become bad drivers, by honking continually to get past..
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-2.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th September 2014 at 13:29.
Old 17th September 2014, 13:32   #6731
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
There's no 'or' there. Veteran of those streets or not, he's still downright STUPID to drive like that.
Old 19th September 2014, 08:45   #6732
Senior - BHPian

Spotted two classic caes of Bad drivers while coming to office in the morning today.
1) A Wagon R fellow decides he needs to move lanes after getting down from the Airoli flyover on the Eastern Express highway coming from Mulund toll and wants to access the service road. So he does that without lane indicator On and misses a couple of vehicles by whisker, few screech halt and this fellow accesses the service lane and speeds up. He forces the traffic coming from the above and below the Airoli flyover to go slow because of his antics.

2) A Santro fellow feels like having a smoke while driving again on the busy Eastern expresshighway. So he occupies second lane from right and starts smoking keeping the hazard lights on and driving at around 40 kmph speeds forcing the vehicles behind to either overtake from left or honk/flash. But our friend here is blissfully enjoying his drag totally uncaring for the traffic. I felt like going in front of him and bringing the car to a halt to wake up the fellow.

God help others from such morons.
Old 19th September 2014, 10:38   #6733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
..So he occupies second lane from right and starts smoking keeping the hazard lights on and driving at around 40 kmph speeds forcing the vehicles behind to either overtake from left or honk/flash. But our friend here is blissfully enjoying his drag totally uncaring for the traffic. I felt like going in front of him and bringing the car to a halt to wake up the fellow.
He might have been smoking something seriously good!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th September 2014 at 10:50. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 19th September 2014, 12:38   #6734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
God help others from such morons.
They are everywhere buddy. I am always on the lookout for these morons whenever I am entering a flyover/underpass or exiting them as these guys are in deep slumber just before or after the flyover/underpass and they suddenly decide that they have to go the complete opposite. The fact that they do this with much impunity leaves me .
Old 19th September 2014, 15:51   #6735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Some of the companies like where I work have zero tolerance towards road indiscipline.
quite a common thing with many road-safety-conscious companies, especially multinationals. Check this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...trictions.html.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks