Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 13:48   #5611
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Today met another bad driver, a well educated lady (at least appeared to be) managed to squeeze her Maruti DZire on road side. Then she abruptly opened the driver's door without looking around. A person was walking parallel to the car got hit by the door and he lost his balance. At least she could have offered a sorry ..
Well Well
that is a good example of how much we respect our women and hold in high esteeem. Sadly no reciprocation from some of them such as these. I can imagine if the roles had been reversed then the incident response would have been dramatically different.
Dieseldunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 14:09   #5612
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
Here is one stuntman that we encountered on the road, when travelling to Chikmagalur.

The guy was actually flat on the roof of the car holding on to it's sides.
Don't be too hard on him. Due to kryptonite poison, he forgot how to fly. These are the practice sessions to get the mojo back
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 17:47   #5613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
A few days ago I had a bad experience with a bad

That's completely insane. One wrong action and the person is dead. I wonder how the police don't find/penalize such cartoons.
Well no brownie points. he was going for the auditions and did not have the superman costume or rather it was superman incognito and his day off.
Interestingly the driver of the car must have valued the loony bin guy too much else a sharp turn and then superman become supper man.

Cheers
Old 5th September 2013, 22:53   #5614
Distinguished - BHPian

Relocating his home I believe,

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1vacatingoptimized.jpg

Xylo almost crossed the road but as usual BMTC has other ideas,

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-2xylobmtc.jpg

Fill in the gaps no matter even if its wrong side and blocking the opp direction traffic- NICE/BG Road junction

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-3nicebg.jpg

Age no bar for bad driving, busy on his mob.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-4age.jpg

Testing his turning radius on the busy BG road. Took around 5 minutes to finish the test

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-5turning.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 23:49   #5615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
Here is one stuntman that we encountered on the road, when travelling to Chikmagalur.

The guy was actually flat on the roof of the car holding on to it's sides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Don't be too hard on him. Due to kryptonite poison, he forgot how to fly. These are the practice sessions to get the mojo back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Well no brownie points. he was going for the auditions and did not have the superman costume or rather it was superman incognito and his day off.
You guys are funny.

I think it was desi superman trying to lift the car up and save its occupants from some impending doom.
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 01:25   #5616
BANNED

I was coming back from college so thought of taking the highway. Left from warje was
Not doing more than 75km/hr.
Upon reaching chandni chowk took left started my climb up towards nda was doing about 40km/hr.
When I suddenly see a yellow nano approaching me.
He was coming in the wrong direction. There was a tempo on my left. Finally stopped in front of him he started honking badly i really was in no mood to fight so took the left lane after the tempo cleared.i saw the nano again in the rvm and found a political party's sticker no wonder he was like this!
Be it nano or a fortuner these people won't change!
Old 6th September 2013, 09:49   #5617
Senior - BHPian

A mob of bad drivers. Hundreds of them.
All of them start driving on the wrong side of the road fearing a jam on the "correct" side , and end up causing one of their own.
Inspite of all this , they reach the main crossing at almost the same time as we do, inspite of being in a large, lumbering bus.
Morons, really.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20130906_090705.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-optimizedimg_20130906_090725.jpg

Its the same story everyday.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 10:21   #5618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
All of them start driving on the wrong side of the road fearing a jam on the "correct" side , and end up causing one of their own.
Inspite of all this , they reach the main crossing at almost the same time as we do, inspite of being in a large, lumbering bus.
Morons, really.

Had the same situation yesterday near Shell Office before the Graphite India Signal. Fortunately a police bike came through and started imposing fines - Offenders had the usual excuses - I am late for a meeting, my cut is the next right etc. Among others caught were a lady driving an Innova, 2 bikers and 1 typical Indian Software professional.

What was interesting is that no cabbies were there at that time.

I wish there was a permanent police wagon before the signal, would make life so easier for all of us and increase Karnataka Govt. Revenue.

What I do not understand is how do educated people do it? Beats me.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 10:27   #5619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
What was interesting is that no cabbies were there at that time.
What I observed is , on the rare occassion that a cop actually bothers to get to this stretch , Six-seaters and autoricks do not cross over. They perhaps have their own network of "informants" , who instruct them not to.
Fellow bhp'ian Swanand's car was once hit by a six-seater coming from the wrong side on this road. The cops "pursuaded" him to drop the matter.
Old 6th September 2013, 12:02   #5620
BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_000743.jpg

Traffic was stopped for half of the previous green light by traffic police for an Ambulance to pass.Most of us did not make it in the next half and the light went red.

The Santro in the picture was next to me, Scorpio was so impatient that it kept honking and flashing,and the santro moved way ahead the zebra.

Next, he steers right trying to escape. Then he stops,why? Because he sees one of the traffic police walking towards him.

Do we really need the cops to be present so that one follows the traffic rules!

Last edited by sinharishi : 6th September 2013 at 12:03. Reason: typo
Old 6th September 2013, 12:11   #5621
BHPian

I normally look for the patience in a driver.

Anhilating the pass bar when one knows that the car ahead of you is currently not in a position to give you space for overtaking.

Another thing is sudden lane changes. Especially when you see that their mirrors are closed. I just do not understand how people can be so short sighted.

A vehicle full of dents is also an indication i have found to spot a dangerous driver.
vantheman5211 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 12:20   #5622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post

Traffic was stopped for half of the previous green light by traffic police for an Ambulance to pass.
Do we really need the cops to be present so that one follows the traffic rules!
Old habbits die hard you know. The same feeling when the teacher comes into the class and the prankster goes into subdued motion.

On other hand may be the scorpio driver wanted to help the Ambulance driver.
Dieseldunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 14:00   #5623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is Hinjewadi this bad nowadays? When I used to go there in 2006 (for 2 months only on a Splendor), the situation was ok as compared to the one pictured. I mean there were fewer vehicles and everyone used to drive a bit sanely. But this is absurd, and to tell the truth, I have found this crazy habit in Pune only. 2 wheeler riders will go and stand on the opposite side of the divider at any signal (They continue going to the right till the entire lane is blocked) or they will ride on the wrong side of the divider in the face of oncoming traffic.
Old 6th September 2013, 14:07   #5624
BHPian

Quote:
Morons, really.
Thank goodness, this sort of madness hasn't reached Mumbai. There would be the odd moron but definitely never seen people going over to the wrong side en-masse!
Old 6th September 2013, 16:56   #5625
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow bhp'ian Swanand's car was once hit by a six-seater coming from the wrong side on this road. The cops "pursuaded" him to drop the matter.
The seaters are really irritating creatures on road. They are fitted with sturdy steel angle frame around the body to protect themselves. So they no need to bother about other vehicles on the road. In case we end up in an accident involving them, suddenly their fellow drivers will come for their rescue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks