Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 15:41   #3871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

if you see a black old generation Skoda Superb (KA-04-MB-7208) in your RVM, give it way and stay away from it. as i found out yesterday morning on the BETL, this guy (seemed in his 20s) will go to any lengths just to get ahead in traffic. i almost ended up in a crash because of this guy. he tried to put me on the divider not once, not twice, but thrice. in hist attempts to get past the cars ahead of him, he easily could have hit and run over many of the two wheelers that were riding in the left lane.

he works in some company in ECity Ph1 (couldn't make out the board). morons like this should be flogged in public!

in other news, spotted a gray Swift (KA-51-P-2886) with got bhp? centered on the hatch zipping on the BETL this morning, far exceeding the posted speed limit. the car then turned into Siemens campus.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 17:23   #3872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
if you see a black old generation Skoda Superb
I think i know which car you are talking about. But it looked almost like a laura. Now you say its the old generation, guess its the same car.

I was returning from wonderla on the NICE road around a month or so back. It would be around 7pm in the evening. I was in the middle lane. All of a sudden i see the headlights in my IRVM and i was doing around 60kmph. He must have been over a 130kmph as he came out of nowhere. Had i not swerved to the left he was definitely going to crash into me. He disappeared as soon as he crossed me. I did try to give him a chase but calmed down after a few minutes. It was no use risking our lives for such an insolent fool. It was really horrible. A split second swerve to the left saved our lives.
He thinks everyone will give him side as he is going too fast. It is because of these characters that people die on the road everyday.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:45   #3873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
But maybe we should sync up offline and stop this guy sometime and have a word with him. I want to understand the thought process of these morons, do they think that driving like this makes them Hamilton or Schumachers?
Guys, If possible get a video clip of his craziness next time. Upload it on traffic police FB page. Also there is a gmail id where public can post pics / videos of traffic violaters and police will take action (atleast ie what they say) iam not sure but guess its : addlcptrafficbcp@gmail.com
Old 15th May 2012, 18:57   #3874
BHPian

While returning from Kolhapur to Pune on Sunday night, I noticed a M800 driven by a maniac. He was cutting lanes carelessly at high speed. The guy had folded both the ORVMs and worst, he had put some cloth/napkin on the inside RVM to avoid the glares coming from behind.
Old 15th May 2012, 19:42   #3875
BHPian

Saw this joker the other day with a hat on his head and all round "protection" in the form of tires. Note that he has put two tires over himself and riding

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120428_122822.jpg
Old 15th May 2012, 20:18   #3876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
I think i know which car you are talking about. But it looked almost like a laura. Now you say its the old generation, guess its the same car.
is this the guy?
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6279.jpg

for those who were wondering where is it written overtaking is prohibited on the BETL - here it is.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6275.jpg
they had switched it off for sometime, but now its back.
Old 15th May 2012, 23:14   #3877
BHPian

Quote:

is this the guy?

for those who were wondering where is it written overtaking is prohibited on the BETL - here it is.

they had switched it off for sometime, but now its back.

Yes sir thats the same car. But im not sure of the number because that number plate is illegible in the dark. Also he was speeding but i recognised it as Skoda by seeing the headlight pattern and also from the tail lights and of course the skoda badge.And please dont try to take punga with this guy alone. He rides with his cronies. Atleast on the highways. And yes he definitely stays in bangalore. Because after the toll gate he had taken the turn towards neelamangala.

And from the looks of it here he is almost tried to run over that scooter. Maybe the scooter guy should stayed put then you all couldve given this guy a piece of your mind.

P.s not even this guy could escape ze h4wk eye. Violators beware.
Old 15th May 2012, 23:58   #3878
BHPian

I believe I just spotted a bad driver.

Gurgaon hit-and-run: Son of BMW owner surrenders, gets bail within hours - The Times of India

Such a waste. I won't be surprised if this killer gets back on the streets in a few months in our Satyamev Jayate nation.
Old 16th May 2012, 10:26   #3879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinadJoshi View Post
I believe I just spotted a bad driver.

Gurgaon hit-and-run: Son of BMW owner surrenders, gets bail within hours - The Times of India

Such a waste. I won't be surprised if this killer gets back on the streets in a few months in our Satyamev Jayate nation.
today's Bangalore edition TOI mentions the age of Suraj Sehrawat as 18yrs! anyways, this guy is gonna get off the hook all thanks to our great law of the land (and the holes in them) and pretty soon back on the streets. what enrages me is that, from what i've read in the news, he's not even remorseful!!

just imagine the plight of the man who lost his wife and their unborn child!
Old 16th May 2012, 10:35   #3880
BHPian

Quote:

just imagine the plight of the man who lost his wife and their unborn child!
Truly a sad day for this man. The thing about 18years maybe just a lie to avoid the anger of law against underage driving. For that youngster its just loss of another car, but what the authorities should understand is that for this man it was loss of family, loss of life. :frustrati:

It makes me think where is this Avishek Goenka and why isnt he doing a PIL to help this person. All are having their own selfish wills and desires. His PIL should now be called Personal Interest Litigation against sun films. I know it may sounf off topic but my frustration arises from the fact that instead of punishing the offender, the common man is being made to face problems and loss of hard earned money and what not in this unlawful country of ours filled to the brim with murderers and offenders who go unpunished.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 12:57   #3881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
is this the guy?
Attachment 927715

I think know this car now that I see the picture, I have met this guy i mean being overtaken once quite a few weeks back so dont remember more details but it did have blaring music being played.

I think he goes around town with his "chellas" so I would resist confrontation alone, post it in the BTP FB page.
Old 16th May 2012, 13:12   #3882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is this the guy?
your pic there should be enough to get the attention of the cops on the FB page. But as with the Beemer guy, he is bound to have some political connections which will allow him to get off scot free. No point wrestling with a pig in the slush, so I recommend staying away from direct altercations.

Quote:
anyways, this guy is gonna get off the hook all thanks to our great law of the land (and the holes in them) and pretty soon back on the streets. what enrages me is that, from what i've read in the news, he's not even remorseful!!
he would not be 18 and I double bet that he was absconding because he was drunk. Whats the point of a blood sample now?
where did you read he was remorseless, some other article? this link does not say anything of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
It makes me think where is this Avishek Goenka and why isnt he doing a PIL to help this person. All are having their own selfish wills and desires. His PIL should now be called Personal Interest Litigation against sun films. I know it may sounf off topic but my frustration arises from the fact that instead of punishing the offender, the common man is being made to face problems and loss of hard earned money and what not in this unlawful country of ours filled to the brim with murderers and offenders who go unpunished.
yes that is the unfortunate problem today in India. everyone thinks that people are getting away with huge crimes, so my crime is petty in front of his. big deal, no one cares. the society attitude is vanishing and being replaced by crass selfish attitude.
have you seen the CAPS infested website of that PIL fellow? I tried to look into what else he has done, but on that website this is his only claim to fame. Not helping anyone in need, but generally creating a nuisance for society by picking on a vulnerable topic. Perhaps purely for publicity. Lets take this discussion to that thread instead.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 14:06   #3883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Saw this joker the other day with a hat on his head and all round "protection" in the form of tires. Note that he has put two tires over himself and riding

Attachment 927691
he needs protection for rollover in case of accident. He seems to be a tyre dealer.. saving on transportation cost.
Old 16th May 2012, 14:35   #3884
Distinguished - BHPian

A sad news item in today's paper tells that a 60-yr-old man was killed on the ECR in Palavakkam (which is my home district).

Police are quoted as saying that it is an accident blackspot due to bad lighting. So, not due to bad driving, then?

A 'local resident' is quoted as saying that, with the headlight on his bike was not working, he actually has to slow down as the lighting was so bad.

Will people ever learn (or be taught) to think beyond the end of their own noses? When even the police are blaming the conditions rather than the drivers, is there any hope?
Old 16th May 2012, 16:16   #3885
Senior - BHPian

We have great examples of Salman Khan, Siddhu and others who have gone un touched in the hands of law inspite of crimes culpable to murder. If you have money and power you can continue with your life. I still dont believe how salman khan is out after that drunken drive episode killing some road side dwellers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks