Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:28   #3496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Here is another over clever guy saving his money by riding in this manner and not simply hiring a cab with a carrier for that plywood to be carried.
He was riding with this even in front of a cop.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-gg-058.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2012, 12:05   #3497
BHPian

Spotted 4 bad drivers yesterday evening while driving to Kochi from Thrissur. No pictures as I was driving alone. Should have ideally taken a video to show the full extend of their stupidity.

1. A Punto 90hp racing with a Verna Diesel. Both cars were yet to get a number plate. They were trying all kinds of stupid antics to get ahead during the busy evening traffic. Verna guy was saved once when an oncoming KSRTC bus moved off the road (very rare gesture from a govt. vehicle )to let him overtake a private bus. This happened after Ollur before joining the 4 lane highway. Hope both cars made it home !
2. An old Tata Sumo racing with - guess what - a Fortuner
Both were very rash and changing lines dangerously. Sumo guy was holding the right lane and thus blocking the Fortuner. Lot of slow moving vehicles in the left lane was preventing the fortuner from getting ahead and thus irritating the driver more. He finally managed to get through a non existent middle lane !

The four lane highway between Ernakulam and Mannuthy is full of morons like these.

Last edited by DieselLover : 23rd January 2012 at 12:06. Reason: removing extra smiley
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:50   #3498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
The four lane highway between Ernakulam and Mannuthy is full of morons like these.
People have all the money to buy flashy cars, but not the brains to drive them sane and understand what's lane discipline. Sad but true.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 15:15   #3499
BHPian

Thats a Military Vehicle, with zero respect to traffic laws. This is at Rssidency Road- St Joseph Junction. He was almost into the oncoming traffic. Initially thought he spotted the red light late, and hence couldnt stop in time. But then he made no attempt to back up to the line, instead kept moving ahead. He zipped off even before it turned green.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00835201201250800.jpg  

Old 25th January 2012, 18:50   #3500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Thats a Military Vehicle, with zero respect to traffic laws. This is at Rssidency Road- St Joseph Junction. He was almost into the oncoming traffic. Initially thought he spotted the red light late, and hence couldnt stop in time. But then he made no attempt to back up to the line, instead kept moving ahead. He zipped off even before it turned green.
Is this some sort of trend?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-23012012105.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-23012012104.jpg

I personally know some Army folks, and they are very decently behaved on the road. But people like these spoil the name of not just the Army, but our country. Just shows that they think they can get away by not following rules, courtesy, etiquette and road-sense.

EDIT: Had forgotten to mention, was driving through Cubbon-Park and the road was chock-a-block with traffic. As the traffic crawled slowly, the right turn 500 mm before the Kasturba Road junction approached, and this blue Swift behind me overtook me and proceeded to squeeze himself into my lane, a few cars ahead. I noticed pleasantries being exchanged and then they were on their way. I'm glad the rest of the queue didn't take that as a 'cue' to queue up behind him

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th January 2012 at 18:59.
Old 25th January 2012, 19:15   #3501
Distinguished - BHPian

And... the three bikers keeping company with the Swift?
Old 25th January 2012, 19:35   #3502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
And... the three bikers keeping company with the Swift?
I choose to ignore them completely. No point even discussing their behaviour on the roads anymore. Not a single two-wheeler I've seen, follows the law of lane-discipline. In fact, I've noticed that about 95% of them don't follow most rules. At least I've noticed cars following some sort of lane-discipline. But you take the driver, and make a rider out of him, and I'm sure he'd resort to such antics too. Bus drivers no less.

"Who cares if there is a line of cars next to me, I'm going to turn right and if they don't see my arm sticking out, it's their problem" is the thumb-rule that most bus-drivers follow.

EDIT: According to several two-wheelers, sticking to the extreme right-hand-side of the road is a form of lane discipline. *facepalm*

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th January 2012 at 19:37.
Old 29th January 2012, 13:51   #3503
BHPian

Bad Drivers - Very easy to spot. Look out for Cars driving with High Beam at crawling speeds.

Some fools even use High Beam, when the Car is Parked or stopped at Red Signal.

Another way to spot 'L' Boards is continous honking, even if there are no vehicles in the immediate vicinity.
Old 30th January 2012, 19:44   #3504
Senior - BHPian

What can I say?

Name:  ForumRunner_20120130_194412.png
Views: 1255
Size:  284.7 KB
Old 31st January 2012, 09:05   #3505
BHPian

Drove around 800kms in Goa in last four days. I can now safely assume that Goans too are loosing their patience. I witnessed 10+ overtakes from left by bikers and overall rash riding. I was sledging continuously until dad told me its 'normal' now. This was not the case few years before.
Old 31st January 2012, 09:14   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307

I choose to ignore them completely. No point even discussing their behaviour on the roads anymore. Not a single two-wheeler I've seen, follows the law of lane-discipline. In fact, I've noticed that about 95% of them don't follow most rules. At least I've noticed cars following some sort of lane-discipline. But you take the driver, and make a rider out of him, and I'm sure he'd resort to such antics too. Bus drivers no less.
@Suhaas bhai - totally agree on the part bikers. Worst part is they squueeze in between two cars and when they end up scratching the car, they wriggle their way out and speed away!
Less said the better about bus drivers and cabbies. *banging head against the wall*.
Ain't there no respite from these disgustingly behaving bikers.
a*ed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 10:28   #3507
BHPian

Well speaking about bikers - Last week one moron scratched my car , he was trying to squeeze between the car and the divider - HE didn't even have the courtesy to apologize and just sped off - But events unfolded , I saw him get into the same parking ground ,which I too use . I went up with him . His reply "Its just a scratch" I asked him "So you think I should bear with a scratch,so that you could save two minutes of your time ?" . "Its Just an accident - If you want you can scratch my bike". It showed his class - So I told him , I dont blame him , but his parents for the wonderful upbringing...

Last Sunday was driving from Kottayam to Bangalore - came across a Punto, KL-45 registered , with "LTD" and the plain "TBHP.COM" stickers - The guy was virtually snaking through the traffic, no indicators , abrupt line changes - At Salem he almost knocked down two bikers. Buddy if you are reading this ..Your life may not be worth living , but please consider others lives would be too valuable to be lost due to your "midtown madness"
Old 31st January 2012, 14:02   #3508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
What can I say?
Is that white car parked or trying to take a U Turn? If it is parked then it deserves an award.
Old 1st February 2012, 20:30   #3509
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's one that I saw yesterday. He tried to jump the signal but wasnt successful. He waited at the same spotted for 10-15 secs. On seeing this the cop approached the car and think he had to pay the fine. You can see the cop approaching the pic. Also, the black line is the zebra crossing and the white line is where the vehicles are supposed to stop.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img01276201201311837.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2012, 13:22   #3510
Senior - BHPian

Once again ,on the Elevated Road to Electronic CIty .I am doing 70 kph when this Zen cuts across traffic and is honking at me on the left lane as there is another car overtaking me on the right .I refuse to accelerate and then this driver overtakes in a very dangerous manner and also shows me the middle finger .I just ignore and to my surprise I see the same car entering my office gate . As we step down for the laptop scan ,I thank him saying a video of his driving style would be helpful to educate people on the dangers of rash driving I then tell him how stupid he was to be speeding above the speed limit on a road with so many bikers on it .He just laughs it off saying " No one follows speed limits ,when police doesnt bother ,why do you !"

I tell him that I cant help but pity him and move on.
BAD DRIVER !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks