Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 14:56   #3481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

These folks come in all shapes and forms, in all lanes (leftmost to rightmost, to shoulder), can come in various speeds etc etc. Please be careful. This is on NH7 between BLR-HYD and also found similar instances between HYD-NHP of NH7.

Attachment 873451
A common sight between Salem and Blore too. I had posted a couple of pics of vehicles coming in opposite direction even at blind curves during my last drive to Blore. Let's see if I post more since I will be driving to Blore this Sunday
Old 18th January 2012, 20:00   #3482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
2) Am right on the edge of the lane (see the mark between my car and the bus). This particular section is always held up due to roadworks. See what the bus on the wrong lane is doing. The best part -> See the car. Belongs to the High court Judge/registrar. I have seen this car break the law N number of times. Thanks to these guys, the traffic was held up even longer. Also there are two more buses behind the car. So that makes 4. Cops stop cars when they do that but was amazed to see the cop do nothing when I passed him.
Thanks for capturing this guy! Have seen this particular car overtake in the rashest manner possible on narrow streets - especially around Pallimukku. There is one more car - a Corolla, IIRC - with similar kind of board being driven in an even rash manner.

Not sure, if this is the right place to post:

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_3305.jpg

This happened yesterday night, on NH17 between North Parur and Kodungallur. Notice the bus that is highlighted by the red circle. A truck had broken down about 100mts behind me, on the opposite lane. So only one lane (0.75 lane to be really honest) was open. Vehicles on the opposite lane had lined up for quite a long distance - this oversmart bus guy (a local stage carrier) decided he'll be able to overtake everyone and make it to the broken truck before the vehicles in the opposite lane reaches there.

The effect, we had two buses standing face-to-face. Traffic blocked for 20 minutes, until the two drivers fought over each other as to who would back up!! The guy who acted oversmart claimed that we should back up - so that his highness could overtake others in the line and reach earlier at his destination. By the time they finished fighting, traffic on both sides had lined up for a whole km!

At last, it became certain that the oversmart bus driver would be beaten black and blue by the public that he backed up. He still blocked quite some traffic - some innocent car driver was overpowered by this guy, and he sneaked into the opposite lane somewhere.

Would this guy fit in our definition of "bad driver"??
Old 18th January 2012, 20:10   #3483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
This happened yesterday night, on NH17 between North Parur and Kodungallur... A truck had broken down about 100mts behind me, on the opposite lane...
I was in a very similar situation on Dec 26th at Changanassery. Replace NH-17 with MC Road, and the bus with a Ford Ikon. However since I was in a hurry and fortunately for me, there was a gap on the left side, just enough to fit my car, I scurried away - after showing the "Hawaiian good luck sign" . But not enough space for the Superfast that was tailing me, and I'm sure the Ikon would've become an icon of stupidity and arrogance in no time. Didn't wait to see what happened to that imbecile.

Last edited by silversteed : 18th January 2012 at 20:11.
Old 18th January 2012, 20:22   #3484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Thanks for capturing this guy! Have seen this particular car overtake in the rashest manner possible on narrow streets - especially around Pallimukku. There is one more car - a Corolla, IIRC - with similar kind of board being driven in an even rash manner.
True, I know the car you are talking about. I see that when I take the Palimukku - Kadavanthara Stretch.

Ah! Bus drivers. A pretty common sight. Dont know when they will stop being rash.
Old 19th January 2012, 13:44   #3485
Senior - BHPian

8 Bad Drivers Nobody Complains About (Part 2) | Cracked.com is a nice read in the context of this thread.
Old 19th January 2012, 17:26   #3486
BHPian

Saw this breath taking stunt in Bangalore Traffic Police, FB page. Couldnt resist posting this .
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-401744_10150529538908676_787573675_8702272_1040534097_n.jpg  

mannubhai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 22:59   #3487
Senior - BHPian

Ejipura signal; coming from Koramangala side, there is no right turn or u-turn, but that doesn't stop this guy (and the i20 guy and the two giggling girls on the Activa) from taking a big u-turn and block traffic when the signal is green

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_0404.jpg
Old 19th January 2012, 23:24   #3488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Ejipura signal; coming from Koramangala side, there is no right turn or u-turn, but that doesn't stop this guy (and the i20 guy and the two giggling girls on the Activa) from taking a big u-turn and block traffic when the signal is green

Attachment 874182
Did you miss that enormous truck in front of the i20? I'm sure you didn't. I mean, you couldn't

By the way, that's a Scooty *grins*

Oh, and I see this almost every day. At the Shanti-Nagar Double-Road Bus-Depot junction. And funnily, that junction has not one, but TWO 'no-U-Turn' signboards. But do these people care? Nope.
Old 19th January 2012, 23:35   #3489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Did you miss that enormous truck in front of the i20? I'm sure you didn't. I mean, you couldn't

i was referring to the big truck guy itself

Activa or Scooty, doesn't really matter when you've idiots riding them
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 23:57   #3490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

Oh, and I see this almost every day. At the Shanti-Nagar Double-Road Bus-Depot junction. And funnily, that junction has not one, but TWO 'no-U-Turn' signboards. But do these people care? Nope.
Suhas, Im another victim of the same road daily.

Best part is cops stand mute spectators, when this happens
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 00:54   #3491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Saw this breath taking stunt in Bangalore Traffic Police, FB page. Couldnt resist posting this .
Love it.

At least both the centre of gravity and the centre of wind resistance are low down in this particular instance, unlike when bikers carry large sheet materials.
Old 21st January 2012, 23:47   #3492
Senior - BHPian

I usually switch on my headlights by dusk, because there are plenty blind drivers and pedestrians.

Today at 6.15 PM, I was driving towards Adugodi from Forum, with my headlights on. The driver of an M800 with an L board in front of me started indicating that my lights are on. I initially ignored, so he intensified his indications. To satisfy him, I switched them off and he gave a thumbs up. I immediately switched them on, and he twisted his ankle as if to ask what am I doing.

By then I had reached the signal and moved to left lane to turn left, and happened to be right next to the M800. The driver, about 35, seemed like a well educated guy. Neither his wife nor he had the seatbelts on. Wife had their 2-3 year old kid on her lap. The car was not locked from inside.

I so much wanted to educate him, but I was already frustrated (as I had driven nearly 100 km inside the city already). I just smiled and moved on...
Old 22nd January 2012, 00:46   #3493
Team-BHP Support

People and their egos. Was driving home right now, of course a little quicker than I do thanks to no traffic at this time. I wait at a signal, a guy in a yellow i10 breaks it causing cars from the other side whose signal is green to stop, and goes through. A few moments later the signal turns green and I start catching upto him, but all of a sudden this guy blindly swerves into my lane forcing me to slam on the brakes from about 80. Inspite of my honking he didnt move out. The ABS came on for a second and there were some squeeks from the tires.

I got into a little verbal spat with the car, after slowing down next to him and lowering my window. He was heading left. I continued straight and after 2 minutes I see a yellow i10 furiously flashing lights behind me and trying to get ahead but he was being blocked by a few cars here and there.

I thought *facepalm* not again, and didn't want to waste my time arguing more with someone who can't take a few words for a fault of his own. So this continues for about 5 mins while I wait for this guy to give up and go his way. Finally we reach JJ flyover which is 2.6km of smoooooth road. I had enough and just floored it and left him behind. I mean an i10 really can't keep up to an Accord V6.

Butt if I had stopped I would have had to deal with his ego and what not. Also I think there might have been 2 other people with him and I would rather not be outnumbered at 12 in the night on reasonably empty roads
Old 22nd January 2012, 19:27   #3494
Senior - BHPian

The correct way is to park your car in angular as all others have parked including my ALTO K10 at New CST Stn.on P D. Road. But this one guy is extra clever or may be an IDIOT you make out yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-jjj-065.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2012, 19:50   #3495
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
The correct way is to park your car in angular as all others have parked including my ALTO K10 at New CST Stn.on P D. Road. But this one guy is extra clever or may be an IDIOT you make out yourself.
I can't make out the angle too clearly, but there appear to be 2 idiots in your picture. One maroon car and another white one in the left edge of your picture.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks