BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Another wannabe !

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wannabe.jpg

Source: Mumbai Mirror.
Old 7th May 2011, 18:12   #1862
Senior - BHPian

The other day, while i was driving to work, came across this dude in a black i20, cigarette in one hand, brains at home and side mirrors folded. Nearly rammed into me because from his right lane he wanted to get into left lane to go straight because the bus in front of him, horror of all horrors, wanted to turn right!! Sadly, he was too close to the bus to sanely merge into traffic on his left.

I just put it down to another close encounter with an idiot on the roads of Bangalore and moved on.

Last edited by amitoj : 7th May 2011 at 18:14.
Old 7th May 2011, 20:40   #1863
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Another wannabe !
Why do you call him a bad driver. Not wearing safety gear makes one risky to himself not others on the road.
Old 8th May 2011, 00:23   #1864
BHPian

My opinion is that a guy who intentionally doesn't follow the rules is an equally bad driver.
Old 8th May 2011, 00:37   #1865
Distinguished - BHPian

Not wearing a helmet; probably learnt in a country where he was, at least, informed of the risks, so can't plead ignorance --- doesn't add up to good driver in my book.

What's worse, is that newspapers continue to publish these pictures of "carefree" bikers, without so much as a "Look at this idiot" caption.
Old 8th May 2011, 02:54   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Why do you call him a bad driver. Not wearing safety gear makes one risky to himself not others on the road.
Yes, he is NO risk to others until that happens.
Once he crashes into your vehicle (bigger the better, a car or an SUV) you'll know what risk he is to others.

1. He might get killed on the spot. (doesn't matter here, coz' it didn't matter to him either)
2. The crowd might beat you to death. (...if you call it a risk)
3. You might get jailed for causing death. (Wow!)

-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2011, 03:50   #1867
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

What's worse, is that newspapers continue to publish these pictures of "carefree" bikers, without so much as a "Look at this idiot" caption.
I'm quite sure Mumbai Mirror mentioned him not following road rules by not wearing a helmet etc.
Old 8th May 2011, 04:14   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Another wannabe !

Attachment 541177

Source: Mumbai Mirror.
Isn't this 'Jonty Rhodes' of M'bai Indians?
Old 8th May 2011, 04:16   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'm quite sure Mumbai Mirror mentioned him not following road rules by not wearing a helmet etc.
Yes, MM did but TOI didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Isn't this 'Jonty Rhodes' of M'bai Indians?
Yes, that is Jonty Rhodes.
Old 8th May 2011, 20:39   #1870
BHPian

Sometimes its quite funny if you notice driving patterns. I personally classify them into two kinds..
Type 1 - Who drive at a constant speed , concentrated on the destination they plan. They overtake maintain their planned speed and shoot off into the distance.
Type 2 - Who are just desperate to be in front. come up right behind you , honk the brains out of your skull, overtake you ,then maintain the speed just enough to be in front of you. Try overtaking them and the entire process is repeated again.

"There are drivers who drive to reach their destination and there are drivers who drive because they love to."
Old 8th May 2011, 21:01   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Yes, he is NO risk to others until that happens.
Once he crashes into your vehicle (bigger the better, a car or an SUV) you'll know what risk he is to others.

1. He might get killed on the spot. (doesn't matter here, coz' it didn't matter to him either)
2. The crowd might beat you to death. (...if you call it a risk)
3. You might get jailed for causing death. (Wow!)

-- Torqy
Spot on! Even if he rams into you from the wrong side, and goes straight into your windshield, thanks to the lack of safety gear, he is sure to be badly injured.

And as we know, whoever is badly injured / on the smaller vehicle is always correct, even if he's under the influence.

Let your post be a message to those who think "not wearing safety gear" makes someone inconsiderate to the other road users.
Old 8th May 2011, 23:18   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Couple of days back in MG Road, parked with head lights on, in high beam in all probability. Light smoke was also emanating from near A pillar. (Not visible in the photo)
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-lights-.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 8th May 2011 at 23:20.
Old 9th May 2011, 09:41   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkakkilaya View Post
Sometimes its quite funny if you notice driving patterns. I personally classify them into two kinds..
Type 1 - Who drive at a constant speed , concentrated on the destination they plan. They overtake maintain their planned speed and shoot off into the distance.
Type 2 - Who are just desperate to be in front. come up right behind you , honk the brains out of your skull, overtake you ,then maintain the speed just enough to be in front of you. Try overtaking them and the entire process is repeated again.

"There are drivers who drive to reach their destination and there are drivers who drive because they love to."

Amen to that!

The type 2 sub-section are the bad drivers. They not only keep honking until they get that space to overtake, they also sort of dance around behind you. One second they are on the right lane honking the brains out of that driver, the next second comes the "last ditch effort". They overtake you through the left side, even if there is no road and almost abruptly cut to the right, missing the front bumper by inches.

I've lost count of how many times this has happened. Mostly with yellow boards and the occasional whites.

I usually slow down when the driver overtakes from the left and let him pass.
Old 9th May 2011, 09:51   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I just put it down to another close encounter with an idiot on the roads of Bangalore and moved on.
I had a very similar experience last Saturday. A white Swift Dzire, one hand with a cigar outside the driver window, a cell phone in the other hand, hogging both the lanes (driving over the white line) at 30 kmph. What's worst is that it had T-Bhp stickers. Followed him for some distance, after seeing no intention from him to move off, I honked. Atleast he had the courtesy to move aside and I drove off.
Old 9th May 2011, 11:56   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I had a very similar experience last Saturday. A white Swift Dzire, one hand with a cigar outside the driver window, a cell phone in the other hand, hogging both the lanes (driving over the white line) at 30 kmph. What's worst is that it had T-Bhp stickers. Followed him for some distance, after seeing no intention from him to move off, I honked. Atleast he had the courtesy to move aside and I drove off.
People who hang their body parts outside usually have everything extra except for the brain. People spend lakhs and buy a car, but still love to "hang their stuff" outside. Once, i asked a stylish Merc driver whether he needs money to buy a car ashtray so that he can keep his hand and cigarette inside instead of blowing ash on us two wheelers.

-- Torqy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks