Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2006, 18:44   #166
BHPian

the blue line buses of delhi need to be avoided,,,
really they drive terrible...
hunt and kill
Old 19th October 2006, 12:13   #167
BHPian

My pet peeve is the guys who sit in the passenger seats of buses and small trucks. (Sometimes they stand in the doorway of a bus) and wave their arms wildly at any traffic to the left of them. Most of the time the driver and this "helper" guy arent even in sync - helper indicates left turn, driver drives straight or vice versa.

An extreme case of the above can be observed on the Mangalore-Udupi highway (NH 17) where these garishly painted private buses stage their own grand prix to the peril of other drivers.
Old 19th October 2006, 15:55   #168
BHPian

well i try to stay clear of lady car drivers especially
in delhi, if u spot a car blocking the traffic, its a sure bet that the driver would be a female!! ....or an old man

autorikshaws are a true menace, twice i have skidded my bike due to them and fallen hard. not that i wasn't speeding but had it not been for the sudden turning/braking of these autos without any warning at all, i would have avoided the accidents!!

cabbies in qualis/sumo are rash drivers too

buses - blueline especially are killers......these drivers think they are driving sports cars and are bent on overtaking each other at each opportunity

cycle rikshawas in noida are a nuisance too!! you constantly worry that they are going to put scratch marks on your car!!

i wont comment on the two wheelers whizzing past zig zagging cause i can understand them as thats what i do myself when biking
Old 11th November 2006, 12:07   #169
Senior - BHPian

spotting a bad driver??, this not applicable to my city.
spotting a good driver.... sought of thing is more applicable.
Old 11th November 2006, 16:07   #170
BHPian

The bad drivers??? they are always around you
Old 11th November 2006, 17:55   #171
Team-BHP Support

Folks, this thread is turning into a comment on bad driving. If you read the original post, it is about predicting who a bad driver is.
Old 11th November 2006, 20:14   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Folks, this thread is turning into a comment on bad driving. If you read the original post, it is about predicting who a bad driver is.
aye aye sir ! ! !
I completely agree with you.
Old 6th December 2006, 18:03   #173
BHPian

some of them re not bad drivers they are not educated on the subject of Driving and when the commit mistakes they re not fined or punished this way they have a feeling of being rewarded and the break law like counting 12 34 and in this country where driver is not required to pass class 4th exam what more can you expect .Then there is red light every 50 meters that people dont think worth enough to stop at one

And those guys with most scratches or dents at the driver side are one clear example of there good driving skills ,there is not a lane system some think they re not driving but flying people dont know where to overtake from left side or right
Old 6th December 2006, 18:36   #174
BHPian

bad drivers means drivers with bad driving habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post
some of them re not bad drivers they are not educated on the subject of Driving and when the commit mistakes they re not fined or punished this way they have a feeling of being rewarded and the break law like counting 12 34 and in this country where driver is not required to pass class 4th exam what more can you expect .Then there is red light every 50 meters that people dont think worth enough to stop at one And those guys with most scratches or dents at the driver side are one clear example of there good driving skills ,there is not a lane system some think they re not driving but flying people dont know where to overtake from left side or right
Reasons aside, the practices are still bad. We do understand there is a problem with enforcement system too, that does not justify breaking rules.
Old 12th December 2006, 18:16   #175
Team-BHP Support

Folks - we are talking about ways/signs of spotting bad drivers, not bad driving. I am going to have to clean up this thread so some posts will be deleted
Old 12th December 2006, 18:56   #176
elf
BANNED

I know this post is gonna rile most of everybody on the forum, but too bad. It's a generalization, it's my observation & my ensuing opinion, so there!

Bad driver?
In Bombay at least, it's anybody with out of town plates.

Yep, MH07 series onwards (barring MH43, which has become a Bombay plate, more or less). This goes for all those out of Maharashtra as well - essentially, anybody not from Bombay (yes, we do have the best road sense in the country, though Goa has the best road manners).

This can be disputed & invectives heaped upon me, but that's the way I spot the bad drivers. And you can abuse all you want, but you know it's true...

Coupla points though:

1. This is not to imply that all Bombay drivers are great. Just that we're better, in general, as compared to ones from the rest of the country.

2. Drivers with vehicles & plates from down south, though not spectacular, are generally waaaaayyyy better than their country cousins from up north / north-east.

3. Village / small town drivers are generally the worst of the lot.

4. If you feel you're a great driver & feel that you have been incorrectly mentioned due to your vehicle plates, have a look at the other idiots who have plate series like yours, before taking this personally & getting all trigger happy. Then abuse me, if you must.

OK, now bring on the invectives...
Old 12th December 2006, 19:15   #177
Senior - BHPian

This thread is heading towards closure or towards the (new) section - "A Collection of meaningless threads" now that the ball has started rolling.

Just my observation & my unbiased opinion
Old 13th December 2006, 17:17   #178
Senior - BHPian

How bad drivers are born

The way this thread is going, i feel we should close this and start a thread on How To Spot Good Drivers....that should be pretty difficult.

Jokes apart, the other day while I was driving to office, and I noticied an esteem braking unecessarily and swaying left to right. Thinking the driver may be in some sort of trouble, i pulled up to him and to my surprise see a 5-6 year old kid sitting on his IDIOT fathers lap driving the car . When I asked if he knew what he was doing, the father replies "Baccha chala leta hai sir" . Now, what to do with this attitude? I really don't know the answer.

But I learned one thing, no, not how to spot a bad driver....but How Bad Drivers Are Born.
Old 13th December 2006, 18:26   #179
BHPian

In Hyderabad traffic its difficult to look at the person driving, so I decide their class or lack of it by what they do.

This is how I spot those terrible fellas,

I hear them honking before I see them in RVM,
Autos/ City bus fellas (in my experience probably 5% following discipline)
Come in between lanes and try to make way
My comfort distance is about at least 1 foot from my vehicle, any one gets inside is bad for me,
Not to leave Scorpio/ Sumo/ Qualis/ .... vehicles unless driven self,
Motor cyclists on highway sight set on some thing else,
Motor cyclists joining a main road (seems looking both ways before entering a main road is unknown to us)

many many more, may be in another post.
Old 14th December 2006, 08:08   #180
BHPian

I wish some sort of military rule implimented, so that everybody follows lane decipline - wherever possible. That only will solve 50% of our problems on road.

As my signature says, I migrated from a drivers car to Jeep only to ensure no stupid " " cuts lane infront of me -exceptions though - buses and two wheelers. Otherways I would say No thank you to everybody.

Last edited by Samurai : 14th December 2006 at 15:40. Reason: contiguous posts within 5 minutes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks