Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 20:08   #1516
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Don't forget the lissome 18-19 somethings, especially near Jain college who ride 3 girls on activas and other two wheelers just because their combined weight is less than 70 kgs, added to that they want to go parallel to same aged guys on bikes.
Old 12th January 2011, 20:21   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Lol Andy! I almost forgot the 3 ride commotion on that side. Going further ahead towards JC road, how about gentlemen on scooters with little kids sitting facing the traffic holding huge boxes of vehicle parts/gunny bags/plastic bags
Old 12th January 2011, 21:17   #1518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Don't forget the lissome 18-19 somethings, especially near Jain college ...
Guys who can't drive past a girl's college and keep their entire attention on the car in front.

Guilty.
Old 13th January 2011, 12:33   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see a friend's comment on his friend's (a junior of ours in college) photo on Facebook. It had to do something to do with driving, so I took a peek on the photo. Read all the comments:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-blah1.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-blah.jpg
(I've taken a screenshot of the comments at 80% zoom, and masked the names and profile pictures)
The person who commented first is the "hero"

Probably some of you might need a translation for this:
Quote:
ippozhelum kittiyalo
you got it at least now, phew

and this:
Quote:
kollallo mone dinesha...adoor poyathano? ithoru sheelamakkan paripadi undo?
Wow, dude... Was it during your trip to Adoor? Do you have plans to make this a habbit?

-----

See how people take it? This is just a tip of the iceberg. Committing a felony is considered heroism - what a shame!

Last edited by silversteed : 13th January 2011 at 12:34.
Old 13th January 2011, 13:10   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I saw a white BMW a couple of days ago. I'd guess it was brand new: it had that showroom-fresh shine to the paint. It looked so good that that I only noticed two things about it. The paintwork (not the model, 3-series I guess as it wasnot very big) and the fact that both orvms were folded.
Yesterday, while returning home from work, I saw an Audi (was an A4 I think) zooming past, in front of the Wipro office in EC. He was doing insane speed and actually jumping over the mammoth sized humps. Don't know what he was trying to do. It's a place full of people crossing and standing by the side of the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Some CFD (Compulsive flashing disorder?)!
Had the same experience yesterday, after the Audi show. An i20 behind me was flashing his headlights to glory and for a moment, I thought there was some problem with my car and he wanted to caution me. After some time, I realized that it was indeed CFD. At one point, he almost ended up underneath a bus, while trying to overtake my car at a left turn.

The road which goes from EC to Bannerghatta road via the Wipro office is one of the best places to watch a lot of morons, driving in all sort of ways. (It's a mini race track, you know )
Old 13th January 2011, 15:26   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Happened to see a friend's comment on his friend's (a junior of ours in college) photo on Facebook. It had to do something to do with driving, so I took a peek on the photo. Read all the comments:
Attachment 482672
Attachment 482689
(I've taken a screenshot of the comments at 80% zoom, and masked the names and profile pictures)
The person who commented first is the "hero"

Probably some of you might need a translation for this:

you got it at least now, phew

and this:
Wow, dude... Was it during your trip to Adoor? Do you have plans to make this a habbit?

-----

See how people take it? This is just a tip of the iceberg. Committing a felony is considered heroism - what a shame!
I know this . Working in tech park and he had a fierce accident and a lucky escape last year in His Honda Stunner
Old 24th January 2011, 13:00   #1522
Senior - BHPian

I happened to witness 'this' on our way back to home, after visitng Guruvayur Temple.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc02411.jpg
Old 24th January 2011, 13:32   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I happened to witness 'this' on our way back to home, after visitng Guruvayur Temple.

Attachment 488052
hehe.. you'll find this on almost every road in Bangalore. its slowly turning into America! - RHS drive!! but some folks are still divided on this - hence you'll find them driving on the LHS

Last edited by IronH4WK : 24th January 2011 at 13:33.
Old 24th January 2011, 16:40   #1524
Distinguished - BHPian

The truck, depending on what he can see ahead, which we can't can't know from the photo, may be just fine. The other three vehicles, simply on the basis of being so close, have dreadful drivers --- before even thinking about the road positioning and the dreaful, aggressive overtaking.
Old 24th January 2011, 18:40   #1525
BHPian

Me and my bro have nicknamed such drivers as DD's - 'Desperate Drivers' !

Yikes! Stay away from DDs!!
Old 24th January 2011, 18:58   #1526
Distinguished - BHPian

Hah hah... And nothing is more dangerous than a knot of your DDs, all driving tightly together like some formation-flying show. All of them think they have the skill of pilots, but none of them actually does.
Old 24th January 2011, 19:08   #1527
BHPian

True, just need the front vehicle to swerve suddenly to the left or brake suddenly and bang bang bang ! You have a pile up!
Old 31st January 2011, 17:22   #1528
BHPian

And what about the un-suspecting driver coming in his rightful lane on a blind turn in this merry go forward, me first, race???
Old 31st January 2011, 20:28   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

Attachment 488052
Don't worry! This is how Kerala drives. Quiet common on Kerala roads. Another formation is with every one of them trying to overtake the one in front.

In this pic also the LCV is overtaking the auto and the Traveller is trying to overtake the LCV. Look how far into the right the traveller guy has gone into.

Let God save the devil's own drivers.

Last edited by rajeev k : 31st January 2011 at 20:36. Reason: addition
Old 8th February 2011, 14:14   #1530

I think this seen is common all over India including Mumbai & Pune. If we do the root Cause analysis of this, we see that the Auto fellow who are normally in a hurry must be overloaded or lingering slowly so much so that even a loaded lorry decides to overtake it. So Auto is at fault.

Secondly, if the Auto and the lorry need to move below 45 Kmph why the hell should the lorry overtake Auto, he can continue behind auto in slow lane (Left).

At the most, I suggest to any overtakers not to cause such parallel jams wherein no one is really getting ahead of the other and are trying to do so at the cost of time and irriattion of other disciplined drivers at the back. Any time such things are noted, the one in the rightmost lane should speed up temporarily to clear the lane and get aside to left or alternatively the leftmost has to slow down and let the overtaking vehicle move ahead. In Pune, I always notice that there are such so called safe drivers, who occupy the rightmost lane and keep moving not more than 45 kmph even if the road is clear. If anybody with similar driving habits happen to be in the left lane, then these stupids continue to move at same speeds more or less and not letting others go ahead by temporarily accelerating and defeating their driving values (of driving not above 45 kmph, no matter what)

In India we dont have more lanes morever no speed limits and to complicate the matters different categories and capabilities of vehicles which never makes lane driving a possibility. This is possible only if there is a lower speed limit in place rather than the upper speed limit of driving.

I am not justifying these fools or DDs on road but elaborating the practical problem and that could have irked the tempo traveller fellow to move to extreme right.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks