Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2024, 17:17   #1
BHPian

BNCAP: Tata Curvv.ev, Curvv ICE and Nexon ICE score 5 stars

The Bharat New Car Assessment Programme (BNCAP) has awarded the Tata Curvv ICE, Tata Curvv.ev and Tata Nexon ICE 5 stars for both adult and child safety. The crash test result is applicable for all variants.

Curvv.ev:

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating-img_20241015_173951.jpg

Curvv ICE:

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating-img_20241015_173926.jpg

Nexon ICE:

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating-img_20241015_173830.jpg

Last edited by sharmanova : 15th October 2024 at 17:42.
sharmanova is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th October 2024, 17:44   #2
BHPian

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating

In the latest round of BNCAP crash tests, the The Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev and Nexon have been crash tested and they all have scored a full 5 stars for both adult occupant and child occupant protection. The detailed test reports of all cars are attached below.

Source: BNCAP

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating-20241015_174113collage.jpg

Tata Curvv:

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating-screenshot_202410151720014432.png

Crash test video:

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating-screenshot_20241015172029130.png

Tata Curvv.ev:

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating-screenshot_202410151720491912.png

Crash test video:

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating-screenshot_20241015172110763.png

Tata Nexon:

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating-screenshot_20241015172948025.png

Crash test video:

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating-screenshot_20241015173111980.png

All vehicles tested by BNCAP so far:

Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating-screenshot_202410151807070552.png

This makes the Punch.ev the safest car tested by BNCAP to date, if the numbers are anything to go by.

OT: Expecting a detailed analysis from @ron178
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FACT-SHEET_Curvv.EV_.pdf (2.10 MB, 11 views)
File Type: pdf FACT-SHEET_Curvv-1.pdf (1.56 MB, 13 views)
File Type: pdf FACT-SHEET_Nexon.pdf (1.84 MB, 13 views)

Last edited by CentreOfGravity : 15th October 2024 at 18:10.
CentreOfGravity is online now   (46) Thanks
Old 16th October 2024, 14:42   #3
BHPian

Re: Tata Curvv, Curvv.ev & Nexon receive a 5-star BNCAP safety rating

I don't want to see Tata's results. I'm more interested in Maruti's and Hyundai's of the world. What's Bncap doing? Why aren't they releasing results of the most popular models like Brezza, Fronx, Creta, Swift, Ertiga, etc? I feel like we can't really trust Bncap.
venukrithish is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 16th October 2024, 15:01   #4
BHPian

Excellent as usual from Tata. Wish their QC got a 5 star rating from customers too, they can then become a real global player.

Time for the actual global players to wake up and start publishing their results. But then I guess they don't care.
Sudarshan42 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 16th October 2024, 15:15   #5
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am not surprised by the result. Tata has already proved these vehicles in GNCAP (except curvv, I believe).

It would be more interesting to see other manufacturers' data for BNCAP. What is stopping Hyundai and Maruti from publishing it?
Are they not able to meet even BNCAP requirements?
satish.gawai is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2024, 16:20   #6
BHPian

5 star safety was already expected from the house of Tata. I am more interested in the ratings of the new Marutis and Hyundais. Especially the new Baleno. I have seen their fans claim on socials that the new Baleno is much more improved and should easily get atleast 4 stars. Now, I know how flimsy the 2015 Baleno felt, and i did a side by side comparison and found the new one to be the same level of flimsy. So now it remains in the hands of the agency to show whether Maruti really has a trick up it's sleeve that will take us all by surprise. I will not believe a word about it from anyone until and unless I see for myself that they have actually done something with the car.

I, for one, am hoping that the Baleno fares well because then that will mean the market leader is actually sitting up and taking notes. Tata enjoys the image of being a "safer brand" over maruti now, if a whole crop of maruti cars end up performing rather decently in tests, then it would surely give some heat to Tata to do what's necessary to fix it's weak point - QC and after sales service and try to bring it up to maruti's level. This is a win-win for the consumers.

Last edited by SaiSW : 16th October 2024 at 16:22.
SaiSW is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th October 2024, 09:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venukrithish View Post
I'm more interested in Maruti's and Hyundai's of the world. What's Bncap doing?
Unfortunately the BNCAP test is a voluntary test and the agency cannot reveal results without explicit approval from the automakers. The government should have made the test mandatory but certain automotive lobby is too strong to let that happen
sunilarkt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2024, 10:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venukrithish View Post
I don't want to see Tata's results. I'm more interested in Maruti's and Hyundai's of the world. What's Bncap doing? Why aren't they releasing results of the most popular models like Brezza, Fronx, Creta, Swift, Ertiga, etc? I feel like we can't really trust Bncap.
Correct. The only true measure of BNCAP is when the worst player in the market is put to test.
This is synonymous with Apple stopped comparing their MacBook performance with intel chips once they got their own M series.
Tatas and Mahindras must send their vehicles to Global NCAP.
RunGaDa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2024, 10:31   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Kudos to Tata, but the BNCAP so far is as useless as the ARAI mileage rating, and ARAI's EV range numbers. Happy to be proven wrong with time.

Bring back the GNCAP for the most popular models
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th October 2024, 11:21   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
I am not surprised by the result. Tata has already proved these vehicles in GNCAP (except curvv, I believe).

It would be more interesting to see other manufacturers' data for BNCAP. What is stopping Hyundai and Maruti from publishing it?
Are they not able to meet even BNCAP requirements?
BHARAT Ncap is voluntary in nature. The manufacturer who has built Stronger car will never hesitate to offer the car for testing under this programme and will promote this as their USP.
I think Mahindra, Skoda and Volkswagen may offer their cars shortly for this assessment; however Maruti, Hyundai & KIA is doubtful with their current portfolio.
Apex1815 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2024, 11:46   #11
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex1815 View Post
BHARAT Ncap is voluntary in nature. The manufacturer who has built Stronger car will never hesitate to offer the car for testing under this programme and will promote this as their USP.
I think Mahindra, Skoda and Volkswagen may offer their cars shortly for this assessment; however Maruti, Hyundai & KIA is doubtful with their current portfolio.
Thanks
I am sure after Tata; Mahindra & Skoda/VW will also get a good rating in BNCAP. However, as top car manufacturers, MSIL and Hyundai should ethically reveal where they stand regarding safety (at least for the car costing around 20L, though safety is equally important for all the price brackets).
They should not take safety for granted in the name of "Kitna deti hai (Milage) and fancy features.

When I visited the Hyundai showroom recently to check out the new Creta; the salesperson was showing me the difference between the weight of the bonnet of a previous generation and the latest one, claiming to get 5 Stars in GNCAP easily.

My request to Hyundai is to get 5 stars in at least BNCAP, which itself is not up to the mark compared to GNCAP.

We, as buyers, should get educated and give importance to safety which will force all manufacturers to make safer cars for India.
satish.gawai is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2024, 12:15   #12
BHPian

Kudos to Tatas for continuing to maintain their focus on safety. However, as others have mentioned that unless other players are not put to the test, these nos. seen in isolation would not help the customer in making an informed choice. Somehow, I feel, that automakers should adhere to some ncap (g/b/any other), similar to how we have star ratings on most consumer durables now.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2024, 14:13   #13
BHPian

Good to see Tata continuing its commitment to safety.
Wish there was some similar rating system for the reliability of cars as well for the after sales service too. This could really help consumers to make informed decisions while buying cars, with which they have to live with once the purchase is done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks