Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2024, 17:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Maruti Grand Vitara crash-tested at Bharat NCAP

BNCAP is only testing cars which score 5 stars. I'll care about BNCAP when they start testing the WagonR, Swift, Baleno and i10.

As of now it looks like some massive lobbying is going on, and only good news will come out of BNCAP with all cars tested scoring 5 stars.
darkgamer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 20:08   #17
BHPian

Its a 5 star, got confirmed by one of the showroom executives near my house.
100Kmphormore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 17:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Its a 5 star, got confirmed by one of the showroom executives near my house.
Not trying to spoil the expectations, it's better to take the opinion of a Maruti showroom regarding BNCAP results with a pinch of salt. They will say anything to please the customers, which includes saying that their cars are 5 stars rated. So let's wait until the final results are out.

Personally, I would love if a Maruti car scores full rating in crash tests. The pioneer of modern cars in India, should also be the guys who can make Indian cars safer for the masses.
Mitadru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 17:45   #19
BHPian

Considering the build quality of the Grand Vitara, it would be a surprise if the car scores 5 stars or even 4. The new gen Baleno has a better build compared to the grand vitara.

Despite this, if the car could score a 5 star in BNCAP, consider all Indian cars will have a 5 star rating! No crash test required!

Last edited by bajoseph04 : 29th July 2024 at 17:46.
bajoseph04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 17:57   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgamer View Post
BNCAP is only testing cars which score 5 stars. I'll care about BNCAP when they start testing the WagonR, Swift, Baleno and i10.

As of now it looks like some massive lobbying is going on, and only good news will come out of BNCAP with all cars tested scoring 5 stars.
Somehow, this looks to be the case, Manufacturers are only sending cars they believe will score 5 stars, who would want to spoil their reputation when it's a voluntary procedure right?
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 18:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajoseph04 View Post
Despite this, if the car could score a 5 star in BNCAP, consider all Indian cars will have a 5 star rating! No crash test required!
With all due respect, if we could predict crash test ratings based on “build quality”, it would make an even stronger case for “no crash test required”.

There are cars that have delivered pleasant and nasty surprises with their crash test results. Let’s please have patience and wait for BNCAP to say something. I know it has been a long time, but nothing good can come of making confident but poorly founded claims before publication.
ron178 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 21:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitadru View Post
Not trying to spoil the expectations, it's better to take the opinion of a Maruti showroom regarding BNCAP results with a pinch of salt. They will say anything to please the customers, which includes saying that their cars are 5 stars rated. So let's wait until the final results are out.

Personally, I would love if a Maruti car scores full rating in crash tests. The pioneer of modern cars in India, should also be the guys who can make Indian cars safer for the masses.
This was during a test drive from the Nexa showroom and the executive said this had been discussed in her morning meeting that day. the press release should be out soon.
Hopefully she’s right. The car apart from the interiors is extremely practical and convenient for day to day.
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 00:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
This was during a test drive from the Nexa showroom and the executive said this had been discussed in her morning meeting that day. the press release should be out soon.
Hopefully she’s right. The car apart from the interiors is extremely practical and convenient for day to day.
Then it's a news worth celebrating Let's see when the results of crash test comes out. Regarding the interiors of the car, I find the rear seat a bit to upright for my liking, having rode in one of my friends' Grand Vitara. And the engine noise is a bit too intrusive ,and it sounds strained when it turns on during quick acceleration.

On a side note, I have enrolled myself to a Maruti driving school near my house. The TV there always displays crash testing of the Grand Vitara and Fronx. Seems like these cars are 5 star worthy, that's why they're showing them on their publicity materials.

Last edited by Mitadru : 30th July 2024 at 00:43. Reason: Post formatting
Old 2nd August 2024, 04:06   #24
BHPian

The current situation of Maruti cars scoring 5 star BNCAP safety rating is like saying Tata cars are sufficiently reliable. Yes, I agree for some users Tata cars have been proven to be superb and niggle free, but for many they aren't. I was discussing this piece of news amongst my office colleagues, badminton buddies (none of these guys are automotive enthusiasts) and a couple of actual automotive geeks within my circle. Almost all of them were not buying the fact that MS can score 5 star. Add to the fact that it's Bncap, makes the case even more unreliable. Most of them were also arguing if Bncap is itself competent enough or not! They really wanted to understand the difference between in measuring parameters of global/euro safety standards and Bharat safety standards. If you bring down the bar for 5 star rating, then the whole point of rating gets destroyed. And both of them being owned and lobbied by govt. makes the matters dark and mucky. A lot of it can be manipulated and sugar coated. It really did seem like Bncap was actually introduced to boost MS sales of it's unsafe cars and put up a smoke screen on people's eyes that MS is safe and forcibly make people believe by slapping by 5 star sticker at the rear windshield saying India's safest!

No offense, just a view of the general "aam janta" "mango people"!

~NA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks