Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2024, 13:16   #16
BHPian

Re: BNCAP: Tata Punch.ev and Nexon.ev score 5 stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
If being a Global agency , the GNCAP can have so many flaws , than I barely have any expectations for our Desi-NCAP. I wouldn’t be surprised even if any Maruti Suzuki cars scores a 4 / 5 stars tomorrow!

On a personal note, It would be better if the BNCAP can be a testing ground for export models before GNCAP. And since we followed global emission norms to a huge extend and are current with them, it would not be advisable to dilute the equivalent crash test norms.
Old 19th July 2024, 10:47   #17

Re: BNCAP: Tata Punch.ev and Nexon.ev score 5 stars

It's been months since Maruti and Hyundai allegedly sent their cars for testing. I wonder why there has been no further news or updates on the safety ratings for those manufacturers?

We all know by now that Tata despite all their flaws with reliability and niggling issues produce cars which achieve good safety ratings. And the various stories of Tata car crashes on our roads seem to back this up.

However, it's Maruti and Hyundai, no.1 and 2 of the largest car makers in India that need to show us their commitment to safety by backing it up with voluntary testing. Just talking about Ultra Strong Steel and yada yada during vehicle launch isn't enough if they don't have the pistons to back it up. 🙄

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks