Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2024, 20:11   #91
BHPian

Re: Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead

Some new developments in the case.

Considering the traction this news has garnered nationwide (courtesy of many social forums, Media, news channels), Deputy CM/ Home Minister of Maharashtra Visited CP office Pune today evening. After consultation with CP, announced few things during the press brief.

First would be adding culpable Homicide 304A section. Second was moving to district session court against JJB's decision and request before court to try the accused as Adult (circa Nirbhaya case. If heinous acts are done by juvenile aged between 16-18 years, accused can be tried as Adult.)

Blood reports have been sent to different labs. Awaiting results. Police is building "a water tight" case, as per CP (remains to be seen).

Father of the accused along with owners of 2 bars where liquor was served to underage accused have been arrested. District Magistrate has ordered Excise Department to seize and seal Cosie and BLAK bars which has been done by respective authorities as of now.

The MLA intervention is indeed concerning. Little scoop about the MLA is that he used to work as supervisor in early days on one of the project of Accused's grandfather. Hence the urgent 3 am visit to PS.

Can't really comment/ criticize judiciary due to the protection our constitution provides them in form of contempt of court although fair criticism about the administration and judicial acts are exempted which has been done already.

Special mention to some local Twitter handles such as Punekar News which actively brought this matter on the front. HM personally called the said journalist over the phone to update him about progress. Similar efforts put forth by reddit subs such as r/Pune are equally commendable. The news first broke on that subreddit and some reddit users were the first to arrange transport of bodies to Sassoon, giving statements at police station along with victim's friends.

Let this be an example to everyone that nobody is above the law and public outcry can shake down the authorities where injustice has been done.

Let's really hope this is followed till justice has been served. Unfortunately those who lost lives won't be back but some institutional remedies will be considered by people in power to prevent this happening again with anyone.

One can only hope so.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th May 2024 at 02:02. Reason: Few clean up edits.
Flyingdutchman is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 20:45   #92
BHPian

Re: Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya_ip View Post

4) The case will go on for years and people will ultimately forget about it. Just check, no one/media is now not discussing about the Thane hoarding accident.
Sir,
This basically summarises what exactly has happened/will happen like in every case. In a few days everyone forgets like it never existed. Sad reality.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 21:14   #93
Senior - BHPian

Just a clarification needed.

The first post mentions that 3 people were riding the 2 wheeler and all 3 were lost. But subsequent posts, (most of them) say 2 riders.

Which is the correct news please?
Old 21st May 2024, 21:52   #94
BHPian

Feels wrong to blame the parents for this terrible ordeal, I'm sure most of us have at some point snuck out with our cars unbeknownst to our parents; let's not jump to conclusions and blame the parents, they too might simply be on the receiving end of a lapse in their son's judgement.
kc0403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 22:02   #95
BHPian

Given the influence of money and power in our system, I dont have much hopes on this case. People will forget and the offenders will be out on bail. The case will drag on for ever.

All that I can hope is the folks in law enforcement who broke every rule in the book to help this offender for money, face an even greater personal tragedy in their lives. Instant Karma!!!

Wish the victim's families come to terms with this and get a closure.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 22:24   #96
BHPian

OT:
Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead-img_7756.jpeg

Source: WhatsApp
ex-innova-guy is offline   (76) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 22:30   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0403 View Post
Feels wrong to blame the parents for this terrible ordeal, I'm sure most of us have at some point snuck out with our cars unbeknownst to our parents; let's not jump to conclusions and blame the parents, they too might simply be on the receiving end of a lapse in their son's judgement.
Parents are not to be blamed, the driver is just a child/minor, then who is to be blamed for the loss of 2 lives? Bad Karma?

Such incidents keep happening, where rich kids show a "lapse in judgement", and get away with it. As a society we need to ask when are we going to send a strong message through legal means such that the parents and the minors treat this with the gravity it deserves.

PS: Driving such a powerful car at such high speeds is not a momentary lack in judgement, it's a criminal mind with utter disregard for human life thats all around the car. Calling it a "lack of judgement" trivializes the issue, implying he is otherwise a good kid. Which is out of the scope of this discussion.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 22:40   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
Parents are not to be blamed, the driver is just a child/minor, then who is to be blamed for the loss of 2 lives? Bad Karma?

PS: Driving such a powerful car at such high speeds is not a momentary lack in judgement, it's a criminal mind with utter disregard for human life thats all around the car. Calling it a "lack of judgement" trivializes the issue, implying he is otherwise a good kid. Which is out of the scope of this discussion.
I wonder would our point of view change if India also had legal driving age of 16 years like many other countries. Would we still have same narrative of Rich kid ,etc.
vishal9999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 22:43   #99
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzzzzOwn View Post
If your blood doesn't boil reading all this, you are either the Rich behaving this way or getting Rich off such practices. I end my rant. Sorry, Team-BHP Mods.
Although my parents are also millionaires, I have never been on that line ever.

But this guy, his father, and the judge who granted him bail, I will call them criminals. The 17.5 year old guy was drinking, and driving without license. The car was unregistered. The father knew of the situation and yet allowed this to happen. The magistrate who knew about the offenses he was charged with and for murder of 2 innocent souls, still granted bail under absurd conditions.

The cops did the right thing by approaching the High Court to try him as an adult. This should serve as a lesson. But Indian judicial system has been sold out, and it's accountability is none towards the taxpaying citizens, whose trust has been betrayed time and again.

Also next time, if someone like him is drunk, ride a bicycle - there will be little to no penalties under Motor Vehicles Act, he won't be able to ram into anyone, and even he will get sober by pedaling for some time.

Last edited by ampere : 21st May 2024 at 22:48.
Beemer1077 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 22:51   #100

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

But it is not always black and white. There are shades of gray to consider before we ruin lives at the *alleged* age of 17.5.[/quote]

There is no shades of grey here. All I can see is color of danger RED with cocktail of underage drinking and driving and killing two. Let's not blame victims. Its just like saying crane ate a fish just because it was swimming in water.
Gennex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 22:54   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Just a clarification needed.

The first post mentions that 3 people were riding the 2 wheeler and all 3 were lost. But subsequent posts, (most of them) say 2 riders.

Which is the correct news please?
There were only “2” individuals who were on the 2 wheeler from all tweets, news, pictures and other sources that I have come across.

I guess the confusion arose as 3 vehicles were damaged in the accident including the 2 wheeler.
Old 21st May 2024, 23:01   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
I witnessed the aftermath of a huge crash in pune yesterday night. We were out for a joyride and a coffee at around 2-2:30 am yesterday. Suddenly, I saw a bunch of people pulling out a bike stuck underneath a red Swift The bike was a total mess and judging by the condition, I was just hoping for the rider/riders.

There was chaos all around, and the police were asking the public and traffic to move away. Further down the road I saw another bunch of people gathered around and to my surprise that was a Porsche Taycan all banged up. Headlamps, bumper, windshield, all gone. All airbags deployed.

Later, when I reached my regular coffee shop, I got to know about that accident. That red Swift guy a regular customer. The speeding Taycan went out of control and hit the bike and swift and a cabbie. Sadly, all 3 on the bike lost their lives.

No pics due to chaos and confusion. Location was near to Trump towers, Viman Nagar, Pune.
Also saw similar news on reddit. now unable to find it.
Old 21st May 2024, 23:02   #103
BHPian

There is a desperate need today in our country for this case to be made an example of in such a manner that these kind of rogues should fear repeating such acts.

Some of the helmet comments were disheartening. The car was no less than a missile in disguise.
Old 21st May 2024, 23:03   #104
Senior - BHPian

Very tragic incident. May the departed souls rest in peace, and may God give their families the strength to bear this huge untimely loss.

For those who are justifying the actions of the boy and his family, I hope and pray that your loved ones don't ever have to endure what the families of Ashwini Koshta and Aneesh Awadhiya have had to endure.

@antz bin - Your comments were spectacularly objectionable.
Lalvaz is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 23:17   #105
BHPian

Incidents like these are the biggest nightmares I have as a father of a child. I feel for their families!!!

For all the talks of biggest democracy, x largest GDP, vishwa guru and hyperbole, the power of money and how disproportionately that can be used to make the whole system work against you is hallowing. The sad part is that this will be forgotten in next few months and life will go an as usual as if nothing happened, while the grieving families world will never ever be the same in this lifetime.

This incident just shows the value of a human life is so abysmally low in our country.
headbanger is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks