Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2024, 10:49   #466
BHPian

Re: Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
I really wonder if the teen would have been let go so easily if he or she was from a lower economic strata of the society. No. This doesn't fit right.
Yes, well infact he would have been released much earlier. This case gained extreme social media attention BECAUSE he was a rich guy with a Porsche. As someone mentioned above, that even if it was him in a car like Creta, the case wouldn't be SUCH a big deal. And if it was someone with from a lower economic strata, he would be released easily, because of lack of social media attention.

Do you know about the minor from UP who killed 2, was given bail and then killed 5 after a few months. He was granted bail for the second time. There was ZERO national coverage about that case.

There have been 2 more accidents in Pune itself (within 1-2 weeks) after this case where people have died:
1. A truck at high speed rear ended a woman on a scooter and she died.
2. An ST bus driver looses control due to over speeding in Chandni Chowk and ends up killing 1 biker and injuring others.

One biker died right infront of my society gate (which I witnessed live) because he was crumpled under the rear wheels of a dumper. His splendor was crushed into pieces. People stopped to catch the driver, call emergency services and most of them to take photos. I did not read a single news article or a news channel covering it. I have photos, but they are not appropriate (and also disturbing) to share here.

There was hardly any media coverage on these accidents because they were from the lower background.
Sphere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 16:11   #467
BHPian

Re: Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
Yes, well infact he would have been released much earlier. This case gained extreme social media attention BECAUSE he was a rich guy with a Porsche.

Do you know about the minor from UP who killed 2, was given bail and then killed 5 after a few months. He was granted bail for the second time. There was ZERO national coverage about that case. .
I don't know about the UP incident. But, irrespective of media coverage, I think the judicial system has failed the society, especially in the latter case where bail was given a second time. I have said this multiple times, when someone resorts to a mere technicality, the system fails the aggrieved. But let's be in no illusion, it is irrefutable that money and political power play a huge role in these cases. If it was an average Joe, the police would have given some slaps at least before releasing, if at all.
theabstractmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 13:59   #468
BHPian

Does this mean the teen lawyer will have the upper hand to argue?

Quote:
Porsche has issued a global recall for all Taycan models that have been manufactured since its launch in 2020. The German automaker has not disclosed the precise number of cars affected by the recall, but it has sold more than 150,000 examples worldwide since its launch. The issue concerns the front brake hoses
Recall (Porsche recalls every single Taycan made so far - potential brake failure)
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 14:37   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Does this mean the teen lawyer will have the upper hand to argue?

Recall (Porsche recalls every single Taycan made so far - potential brake failure)
If there is an actual footage of that kid driving within speed limits, or proof for that kid not having been under the influence of alcohol or actual proof that the kid had applied the brakes but the car hadn't slowed down as expected, then yes
Old 6th July 2024, 16:04   #470
BHPian

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/m...ictims-3095058

Wah re mere desh! No. I'm not a bloodmonger. But, cases like these should not be let go. Basically it is murder. Irrespective of the car or economic standing of the driver. Sad.
theabstractmind is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks