Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2024, 08:24   #376
BHPian

Re: Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead

Media reports now coming in that Mother of ten teen driver has been arrested as well for tampering with evidence and obstruction of law.

More details are awaited.

But hopefully if nothing, this will be a lesson to other teen brats that one wrong action can pretty much lead to whole family in public glare and possibly behind bars.
Ays7 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 10:00   #377
BHPian

Re: Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead

Caught these two bikes with underaged , helmetless riders today on my morning walk, one, a kid of 12 and the other three, 14-16 years old. All riding two wheelers at high speed. I confiscated their keys, called the Delhi police pcr van and handed over the keys to them. The father of the 12 year old brazenly says, “holiday season, if not these things, what will kids do?”. Interestingly, the kids (all four of them) knew what the minimum age for riding was.
As I was leaving, I saw one of the teenaged kids hopping on to the policeman’s bike and being led away, both policeman and the pillion were sharing a laugh. I didn’t know what to make of it, but at least did my civic duty. Hopefully, these people have had enough nuisance for a weekend making them think again.

While handing over the keys to the pcr, brought up the Porsche incident to the police. They acknowledged the sheer mindlessness of the same. The teenaged kids knew of the incident and still…?

Update- I got a call now after about 2 hrs from another police station as a follow up to the incident. The asi claimed that only one complaint was forwarded to him (no prizes for guessing it was the little boy on the electric scooter). He said that the scooter was, for purposes of law, equivalent to a <50cc vehicle and accordingly, the only applicable charge that could be applied was of helmetless riding.
No idea what happened to the three teenagers and their vehicle.
Mera Bharat truly mahaan.
Attached Thumbnails
Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead-img_6398.jpeg  

Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead-img_6397.jpeg  

Last edited by handsofsteel : 1st June 2024 at 10:24.
handsofsteel is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 10:13   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Caught these two bikes with underaged , helmetless riders today on my morning walk, one, a kid of 12 and the other three, 14-16 years old. ..
Appreciate the civic sense, but please remove the pics of the kids or mask the face on social media.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st June 2024 at 11:58. Reason: If you want to draw Mod attention, please use “report post” function.
Delta Wing is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 10:14   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Caught these two bikes with underaged , helmetless riders today on my morning walk, one, a kid of 12 and the other three, 14-16 years old.
Everyone makes mistakes. What you did was right—stopping them, handing them over to the police.
Always give someone a chance for remorse, and don't punish them by posting their unblurred faces on the internet, which will stay here forever.
ruskinash is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 10:25   #380
BHPian

Appreciate the inputs. Edited the images (to the best of my ability).

Updated the post too.
handsofsteel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 12:36   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
Media reports now coming in that Mother of ten teen driver has been arrested as well for tampering with evidence and obstruction of law.

More details are awaited.

But hopefully if nothing, this will be a lesson to other teen brats that one wrong action can pretty much lead to whole family in public glare and possibly behind bars.
As per details she has been arrested as it was her blood sample with which her son blood sample was swapped.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 12:38   #382
Team-BHP Support

Always have a distinct brand name and never be mistaken for the wrong one
Attached Thumbnails
Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead-screenshot-20240601-123348.png  

ajmat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 12:39   #383
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if posted before. Saw this on social media today!

Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead-img_0638.jpeg
man_of_steel is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 13:28   #384
BHPian

Tweet by Kajol Srinivasan:

After trying to implicate the driver, the Pune Porsche teen, his dad, grandad and mom have all landed in jail. Interestingly, Porsche's Tagline is “There Is No Substitute”.
jomyboy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 16:00   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hindu newspaper has an entire page devoted to this incident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
An ignorant question, perhaps. Up to what speed do ADAS, AEB and the various other nanny-state toys work? ...
This is nothing to do with any nanny state. These are high-end aids that you have the choice of spending money or not. They are tools to add a little protection of your life and that of others.

Anyway, what nanny state? The nanny state that makes sure that people can drive before giving them a licence? The nanny state that enforces road and driving rules? This is nannying that is sadly lacking here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
This as automotive forum guys. Frankly the expectations people have from ADAS is embarrassing.
Even ABS, which is very common now. I see people talking about it as if it is an every-day driving tool. Only to bad drivers! If the ABS is clicking in, then an emergency is happening already.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 1st June 2024 at 16:02.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 17:00   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Even ABS, which is very common now. I see people talking about it as if it is an every-day driving tool. Only to bad drivers! If the ABS is clicking in, then an emergency is happening already.
Please do not underestimate the power of people to swerve across lanes, and pedestrians/animals running across your path when you least expect them.

I have seen folks stop at a blind turn on a narrow ghat road to enjoy the view and I had to slam my brakes, even when the speed was only 30.
When the situation isn't in our control safety aids like ABS can be a lifesaver.
ruskinash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 19:37   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Always have a distinct brand name and never be mistaken for the wrong one
Both firms are owned by siblings. But based on what happened in 2008,It's safe to assume there is no love lost between them. Owner of Brahma Realty and Grandfather of the accused minor went to Bangkok to meet Chota Rajan's right hand Tambat , asking him to mediate into the Financial Feud between him and his own brother (owner of BrahmaCorp) even putting "Supari" on him and his corporator friend in Pune. Hence the quick banner on the website of BrahmaCorp arose on the subsequent night of the accident.

This case is still going on and being tried in CBI court. Ironically there was a hearing against the grandpa of accused on May 06.

Entire family is bunch of cronies.

Last edited by graaja : 1st June 2024 at 19:44. Reason: Minor typo
Flyingdutchman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 20:44   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskinash View Post
Please do not underestimate the power of people to swerve across lanes, and pedestrians/animals running across your path when you least expect them.

I have seen folks stop at a blind turn on a narrow ghat road to enjoy the view and I had to slam my brakes, even when the speed was only 30.
When the situation isn't in our control safety aids like ABS can be a lifesaver.
Thad is not dismissing ABS as an essential tool. Nor is he saying that one never encounters emergency situations on the road, this is India after all.

He is saying, if a BHPian claims that he/she experiences ABS kicking in in OFTEN, each day, then he/she is either driving too quickly (to put it generously, other ways of putting it would be recklessly/dangerously) or one is lying and has no clue about what ABS does and is just posting stuff for the heck of it either scenario is an embarrassment to a forum like ours.

Last edited by ashivas89 : 1st June 2024 at 20:47.
ashivas89 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 07:04   #389
BHPian

When will the parents understand that allowing their underage kids driving is going to cause hardships ?
Porsche accident case is still hot while another has already happened.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...S1xVC1OR1I3M1M.
Time to put the parents behind bars and non-bailable clauses for them to cool their heels in jail.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 12:57   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
A humble request to all who own an ADAS enabled car and think that ADAS can prevent any accident:
Please read your car’s manual. It should specify the speed range within in which each ADAS feature operates.

Everything (living or non-living) has its operating limits.
Just the other day, a friend of mine was looking at a vehicle equipped with ADAS. Both of us are 55 years old and have been at the wheel for donkey's years. He is the type who loves to 'have it all' in his vehicle (useful for him or useless), his only thing is - my car should be the top variant!! He was convinced, he was wrong after taking a test drive of a Level 2 ADAS equipped vehicle. No matter how much i tried to tell him, ADAS is not for us (55 years old, as we are old school drivers), the test drive was his eye opener!!
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed