Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2024, 10:21   #346
BHPian

Re: Porsche Taycan Owner Manual - Edr - Event Data Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
[b]I downloaded the TAYCAN OWNER MANUAL and found this.
Well done.

Now the question is whether the courts or police have the brains and intent to use this as evidence? In a technologically advanced world there is no reason not to. But India is languishing in 18th century as far as forensic evidence is concerned. Also why did the police investigation not take the dna samples from the driver steering airbag? This would have proved who was at the wheel.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th May 2024 at 13:16. Reason: Typos and formatting.
RunGaDa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 10:43   #347
BHPian

Re: Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead

I did read somewhere that the company officials from Porsche will also inspect the car and confirm whether there was any malfunction. I do not see the officials admitting to any malfunction and so their testimony, if any will only aid the prosecution.

What we are forgetting is that all this material will only come into picture once the final chargesheet is filed, typically within 90 days for offences that carry a jail term of more than seven years.

Whatever the defence lawyers claim right now is just hogwash which they will use to try and secure bail for their clients. Once the bail is granted, the trial will take a few years to end.

All the witness statements, driver's statement, etc collected will only have a perfunctory value. In a criminal prosecution, witnesses routinely turn hostile.

What police will need is to independently establish the following:
1. The Youth was driving the car - not just based on statements, may be photographs or cameras if any.
2. He was drunk at the time.
3. The blood samples were swapped. (I think police have the back up samples now that can show that the teen was drunk).

As for teen's father and grandfather, they can be charged with multiple charges, including witness tampering, intimidation, wrongful confinement of driver, and evidence tampering, all of which independently carry severe punishments and jailtimes, regardless of what happens to the teen.

Just my 2 cents.
Ays7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 11:10   #348
BHPian

Re: Underage drunk driver rams unregistered Porsche Taycan into 2-wheeler at high speed | 2 dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
I do not think Porsche will do any such thing as accepting such a statement will give it media coverage not just in India but all over the world and the NTSB will/might pick up this news and ask some tough questions to Porsche . So I don't think so that this might happen .
What if they do? Switching things during inspection is very much possible. If they helped the minor in this case, then many corrupt wealthy individuals would opt for Porsche, knowing the company can assist in such situations. It could lead to Porsche cars being a car for mafias or people involved in illegal activities worldwide. Just an evil thought.
Old 30th May 2024, 11:22   #349
BHPian

While they might choose to blame Porsche for the crash, how about the alcohol consumed?

I guess when one is behind the wheels of such a car, there must be a prompt to consume alcohol and then choose to drive as well. Sincerely hope there is justice delivered.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th May 2024 at 13:14. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
Old 30th May 2024, 11:23   #350
Senior - BHPian

Vedant is proving to be curse to all the corrupts too in Pune. Just imagine how corrupt is the whole system is.

He ran over two people and the entire corrupt system also. Many skeletons tumbling out of the closet.

He took everyone with him, the bar owner, doctor, peon, grandfather, court, police, and now the juvenile board.

One day, even the CEO of Porsche will be found involved
RM Motorsports is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 11:46   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

No end to the shocking revelations!

- Teen's blood sample swapped with that of his mother

- Blood sample was taken by Dr Shrihari Halnor, accused of manipulating teen's blood sample

- Dr Halnor, who had taken the blood sample from the juvenile, revealed he had changed the blood sample on the directions of Dr Tawade.

- Dr Tawade had been appointed as superintendent based on a recommendation from MLA and after approval from the state's medical education minister.

- Despite being an accused in kidney transplant and drug cases, Dr Tawade was appointed the head of the Forensic Medical Department

- Before the minor's blood samples were collected, the teen driver's father, Vishal Agarwal, communicated with Dr Tawade , adding that there were 14 such calls in total. The calls were made between 8.30 am and 10.40 am on May 19 and the blood samples were taken at 11 am.

Link:

-
volkman10 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 11:49   #352
Senior - BHPian

The playbook set in motion by the offender's legal team of distraction, diversion, delay, confusion each of which will add another layer of buffer before a verdict is given. The only fault in the vehicle is the human prodding at the A pedal and no, I am not interested in statistical probability of mechanical/mechatronics failures and history of such.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 12:07   #353
BHPian

https://zeenews.india.com/india/in-p...a-2753392.html

So far the optimist in me is still hopeful.

Atleast certain things are not going as planned by the rich and famous.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th May 2024 at 13:23. Reason: Punctuation.
sudanmohit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 12:36   #354
BHPian

After all this, one thing is clear: Minor, his father, his grandfather, the doctors, the police who provided him with pizza and burgers and assisted him, the politicians, the bar owner, Minor's friends who are also minors and drunk, the people who helped swap inside the hospital, and mainly the one who gave bail in 24 hours with the absurd essay writing as punishment—everyone is supposed to be in jail for the next 25 years. It is as simple as that. Many others are supposed to be inside who are not on this list but are related to this case.

If this happens, then there is hope for our judiciary.
raptor_diwan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 13:10   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
What if they do? Switching things during inspection is very much possible. If they helped the minor in this case, then many corrupt wealthy individuals would opt for Porsche, knowing the company can assist in such situations. It could lead to Porsche cars being a car for mafias or people involved in illegal activities worldwide. Just an evil thought.
For a brand like Porsche, ethics are far more important than a few mafia sales number. Being a part of the VW/SKODA group, they will never risk such a thing tarnishing their brand image.
Maverick5490 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 14:07   #356

I would like to pose a question here. TBHPians who are familiar with ADAS and other advanced safety related features would be able to help here. Since we are speaking about a glitch here.

The Porsche Taycan is an Electric Sports Vehicle. It includes most, if not all safety features available today in the industry. Did this car not have AEB, Auto Emergency Braking?

1. If this car had AEB, then how did this crash become so deadly?
2. Can this feature be turned off? If so was it turned off? I would think that this should be an always 'ON' feature.
3. How does this feature work? Also does it detect only cars (or similar) and not other obstacles?
3. We have driver alert warnings in cars, how difficult is it to have cars that can detect alcohol? Or if the driver is drunk? I am sure a simple camera and video recognition module can successfully determine whether a driver is sober or not. Even a breathalyzer is not needed.
shubhsd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 14:15   #357

The only winners in this situation will be the lawyers, who will continue to profit from manipulating a tragic incident. Those who lost their lives are gone. The person who drove like a maniac has already done so. The families involved will be haunted by this event for the rest of their lives. Meanwhile, the legal system and its affiliates will find ways to profit

Honestly, shouldn't the brutally neglected public infrastructure be the primary point of blame? Secondly, shouldn’t the RTO be held accountable for issuing licenses without conducting thorough tests and ensuring proper driver training? This criticism applies to us all; I clearly remember my driving license procedure, and it was laughable, to put it politely
MBA911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 15:46   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
No end to the shocking revelations!

- Teen's blood sample swapped with that of his mother

- Blood sample was taken by Dr Shrihari Halnor, accused of manipulating teen's blood sample

- Dr Halnor, who had taken the blood sample from the juvenile, revealed he had changed the blood sample on the directions of Dr Tawade.
....-

They just made true of the statement "Guess corruption runs their veins"...
(Hindi : Nas Nas Mein..)

Son - gone case, gaya!
Dad - rich builder, hence may be corrupt
Mom - You too?! Eu tu Mummyji ?!
Old 30th May 2024, 17:46   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
For a brand like Porsche, ethics are far more important than a few mafia sales number.
I also think think that they and/or their engineers will not stoop to bribery in personal cases. But I wish we could be so sure about VAG ethics! Cast your mind back to the diesel emissions debacle of a few years ago!

I speak as a VAG fanboy!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 18:33   #360
Senior - BHPian

I'm just curios for all the righteousness that we preach, Imagine you (not an anyone here in particular) - are eyewitness to such an incident, and the next day the builder, or some burly folks associated with them shows up at your place, with an offer you cannot refuse?
Offer to do things their way, and get compensated, or face unforeseen consequences.

I am not defending People's actions - It's just that in India, Doing the right thing has tremendous costs - Is it really worth going up against your local Politicians, police, and underworld to defend a random stranger?
greenhorn is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed