Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2024, 11:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq & Slavia now get 6 airbags as standard

News from Skoda India. Now six airbags are standard on all variants of both the Kushaq and Slavia.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq & Slavia now get 6 airbags as standard-gmzbridxeaarerk.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq & Slavia now get 6 airbags as standard-gmzbriuwkaagvhu.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 13:52   #2
BHPian

Re: Slavia & Virtus score 5 stars in GNCAP | Maruti Alto K10 gets 2 stars, Wagon R just 1

That makes the Kushaq Ambition a very compelling variant with all the safety features along with good looking Led headlamps. Slavia ambition always gave the base variant vibes with that halogen headlamps. For someone stretching her/his budget from Venue Brezza segment may make a jump to Kushaq ambition and it won’t be a big compromise. This goes on show how our market dynamics are changing as when Kushaq was launched 3 years ago, even some top variant had only 2 airbags.
sachin_cs is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 19:36   #3
BHPian

Re: Slavia & Virtus score 5 stars in GNCAP | Maruti Alto K10 gets 2 stars, Wagon R just 1

As a current owner of the MY2024 Slavia Ambition variant my father feels cheated. When Skoda launched the MY2024 version, they did not even hint at the inclusion of Six airbags in lower models. Instead they were interested in removing features. Now suddenly out of the blue they announce 6 airbags to be standard across all variants. I mean they could have sold the cars with six airbags right from September 2023, the time around which they launched the MY24 variants. First they don't provide features on par with the competition and now they add features randomly. How do they expect to increase their customer base if they don't care two hoots about them? And all the members who have purchased the Slavia ambition variant recently, did your SA mention anything about this update? At least our one didn't mention anything about this update when we bought the car in January. Net , I'm very disappointed with the brand.
Mitadru is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 21:05   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitadru View Post
As a current owner of the MY2024 Slavia Ambition variant my father feels cheated.
Well, just because they have updated their product does not mean what you bought has now become worse all of a sudden. You still have what you bought. I agree that it is painful that they have updated their product right after your purchase, but, that's how it rolls I guess.

People would be holding off their purchases if they knew that an update would be rolling out soon. It would not bode well for the company. Would you have still felt this bad had you made your purchase much earlier? It comes down to bad timing, and that's not your fault. Make peace with it and drive your machine.
chakravorty is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 22:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakravorty View Post
Well, just because they have updated their product does not mean what you bought has now become worse all of a sudden. You still have what you bought. I agree that it is painful that they have updated their product right after your purchase, but, that's how it rolls I guess.

People would be holding off their purchases if they knew that an update would be rolling out soon. It would not bode well for the company. Would you have still felt this bad had you made your purchase much earlier? It comes down to bad timing, and that's not your fault. Make peace with it and drive your machine.
Its not that I consider I have an inferior product. My point is that they could have launched it at the beginning of the current model year. This different treatment to buyers of the same model year and same variant, has put me off. They could have announced like Citroen, that they're going to launch some safety features by a so-called month. Then customers could have made informed decisions. I guess it ultimately boils down to the timing of our purchase And thanks for helping me to see the things in a clearer light.
Mitadru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 10:12   #6
BHPian

While it is true that existing owners may feel shortchanged, this is definitely a step in the right direction. Safety cannot be emphasized enough, and it's good to see the inclusion of six airbags even in base variants. So credit where it's due : well done, Skoda!

Now if only they could address the myriad service-related issues as well. That would truly bring peace of mind to the customer.
SithDefender is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 13:50   #7
RMN
BHPian

Quote:
Its not that I consider I have an inferior product. My point is that they could have launched it at the beginning of the current model year. This different treatment to buyers of the same model year and same variant, has put me off. They could have announced like Citroen, that they're going to launch some safety features by a so-called month. Then customers could have made informed decisions. I guess it ultimately boils down to the timing of our purchase And thanks for helping me to see the things in a clearer light.
It's just bad luck mate. Happens always, plenty of times prices have dropped soon after someone has purchased a vehicle. Manufactures can never inform these things beforehand as long as they have inventory.
RMN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 14:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
As a current owner of the MY2024 Slavia Ambition variant my father feels cheated. When Skoda launched the MY2024 version, they did not even hint at the inclusion of Six airbags in lower models. Instead they were interested in removing features. Now suddenly out of the blue they announce 6 airbags to be standard across all variants. I mean they could have sold the cars with six airbags right from September 2023, the time around which they launched the MY24 variants. First they don't provide features on par with the competition and now they add features randomly. How do they expect to increase their customer base if they don't care two hoots about them? And all the members who have purchased the Slavia ambition variant recently, did your SA mention anything about this update? At least our one didn't mention anything about this update when we bought the car in January. Net , I'm very disappointed with the brand.
I believe the dealerships had no clue, I was looking at a Slavia a couple of weeks back and was only interested in the mid spec variant as I despise sunroofs and other useless gizmos but decided to pass on it because of the lack of six airbags. I did let the sales guy know that this is a big Miss in 2024 and we wouldn't be buying this car because of this. The sales guy just told me that they will share this feedback with the company and gave no info on the impending standardization of the airbags.
Old 2nd May 2024, 18:41   #9
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Kushaq & Slavia now get 6 airbags as standard

Skoda Kushaq & Slavia now get 6 airbags as standard - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 10:10   #10
BHPian

If only they could get an EPB + Auto-hold, at least on the top variants; in the upcoming facelift. It'd be a cherry on the cake, at least for city dwellers like myself who get stuck in stop-go traffic for more than 40-60 mins on a daily basis.
Old 18th May 2024, 21:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

With the shady and unscrupulous PPS VW dealer in Kolkata playing spoilsport and ruining our plans of going for the Virtus 1.0 Highline MT in Lava Blue (I had even mentally customized it with delicious spares and accessories), Skoda happened to pull a serendipitous move by offering us the Ambition V variant - it gets 6 airbags and an updated 10” touchscreen over the standard dual airbag + 8” touchscreen combo.

Oh well, life is unpredictable; you start somewhere and end up somewhere else. My only major gripe with the Slavia is that ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly looking - and equally useless in function - halogen reflector headlamp. Come on, would it kill you to give projectors at the very least, even if not elegant LED reflectors like the equivalent Virtus, Skoda? What happened to the whole VFM quotient compared to the same level cousin from VW? Now if they roll this out with the next update, I shall be cross indeed.

The Carbon Steel Grey (family’s choice, not mine) that we’re opting for, although this one shown here is in the top-end Style trim.

Skoda Kushaq & Slavia now get 6 airbags as standard-db1b192e35474fa184080bb4837e9b10.jpeg
Skoda Kushaq & Slavia now get 6 airbags as standard-9f8141bbc6524f0f816cdeaee6a7ca4d.jpeg

Photo courtesy - Dad (as is evident by the terrible angles )

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 18th May 2024 at 21:10.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks