Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2024, 20:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Delhi Police bust two fake airbag manufacturing units - 3 arrested

Just curious to know whether these fake airbags deploy at all or are just cosmetic in nature. From what I read earlier in this post is that there are sensors and controllers involved. So do they still have chances of deployment at all?
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 20:49   #17
BHPian

To effectively address such issues, car manufacturers should consider implementing a permanent counterfeit part error notification on both the cluster and screen, mirroring Apple's approach with their iPhone battery, displays, camera, and more.
adi58 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 22:34   #18
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Just curious to know whether these fake airbags deploy at all or are just cosmetic in nature.
Simple test for ARAI, remove the dummies from the BNCAP testing cars and put these culprits behind the steering and in passenger seat, install their “fake airbags” and crash test the vehicle for airbag deployment, finally display how many stars.
NomadSK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 16:19   #19

Fake market is a big problem, not just in India. I remember in one of the Air Crash Investigation episode, the investigators found out fake spares has reached Air Force one. Kudos to Delhi police for this bust.
BlueGod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 19:09   #20
BHPian

A while back, my dad and I were checking out warehouse space near Taloja. At one place, we noticed heaps of Fortune Oil bottles, probably from a distributor. Shockingly, we saw people mixing oils from different cans into these Fortune Oil bottles. They saw us, we saw them, and we quickly got out of there. It's just another example of how adulteration and fake stuff are everywhere in the market.
Old 25th April 2024, 12:18   #21
BHPian

There is an urgent need for stricter regulation of all products produced in this country. If India hopes to become an export/manufacturing hub, it needs to sort out the quality of the product, or nobody will buy Indian products. The packaged masalas flagged in Singapore and Hong Kong are recent examples. These kind of incidents ruin our reputation in the market, hurting sales and also cause embarrassment to the powers that are who are pushing for exports.
Sensible_Speed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 23:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Unbelievable! In India, if anything has value, it will be counterfeited. Whether it's a 10 rupee bottle of water (fake Bisleri) or now, airbags! Thanks for sharing.
10 Rs is still higher price. Remember the fake Reynold's pen aka Peynold's (original itself was just 5 rs).
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 11:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

One of the most frequently counterfeited products in India is, (un)surprisingly, our very own one. Congratulations everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Police bust two fake airbag manufacturing units - 3 arrested-screenshot-20240426-105734.png  

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 26th April 2024 at 11:04.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 15:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi58 View Post
To effectively address such issues, car manufacturers should consider implementing a permanent counterfeit part error notification on both the cluster and screen, mirroring Apple's approach with their iPhone battery, displays, camera, and more.
That can easily be abused to ensure cars cannot be serviced at any 3rd party garage. Dealers will rack up maintenance and repair prices by 2x overnight.

Apple's approach too has nothing to do with protecting their customers and everything to do with forcing you to just buy another phone, no matter what their PR department claims.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 20:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
That can easily be abused to ensure cars cannot be serviced at any 3rd party garage. Dealers will rack up maintenance and repair prices by 2x overnight.
I strongly disagree, dealers have consistently sold spare parts over the counter and will continue to do so. Original spare parts were anyway expensive which is why this fake market has flourished. This measure aims to guarantee that customers investing in quality receive genuine components, irrespective of the economic aspect.
Old 27th April 2024, 01:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi58 View Post
I strongly disagree, dealers have consistently sold spare parts over the counter and will continue to do so. Original spare parts were anyway expensive which is why this fake market has flourished. This measure aims to guarantee that customers investing in quality receive genuine components, irrespective of the economic aspect.
Trying to get dealers to sell you spare parts separately is like pulling teeth from a horse. Even getting basic service items like filters takes some massive effort.

Personally, I wouldn't want a permanent check engine or warning light just because I got my suspension overhauled outside or got headlights upgraded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks