Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2024, 09:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City & Elevate now get 6 airbags as standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajku View Post
There is a big dividing line between winning drag races and a comfortable overtake speed. May be, this also varies from one to another, depending one's driving experience.
So each according to his or her own. What is practical for one is underperformer and an opportunity missed for another.
So as a past owner of the Honda City with the same 1.5 IVtec engine, I can say that the powertrain is an able performer and adequate for the purpose. Does it have ample power in reserve, like the Hyundai/VW 1.5 Turbo? Not quite. Doesn't mean the the 1.5 iVTEC is a riskier proposition during overtaking simply because, the vehicle you may overtake at 100 kph will likely not out accelerate you. If that is happening, it is dangerous driving and has nothing to do with actual performance specs.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 2nd April 2024 at 09:03.
fhdowntheline is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 10:43   #17
BHPian

In words of Nick Fury: 'About Damn Time' (From Captain America: Winter Soldier). Honda certainly did good job on giving the airbags and seatbelt alarms. Just need the BNCAP of City and Elevate. If they score good, then chances of them getting more sales will increase.
Old 2nd April 2024, 11:17   #18
BHPian

Honda Cars India - Press Release

Quote:
Honda Elevate:
  • 6 Airbags as standard application across all grades (newly introduced in SV, V and VX)
  • 3-point emergency locking retractor seatbelts along with adjustable head restraints for all 5 seats standard across grades (newly introduced rear centre 3-point seatbelt & head restraint in all grades)
  • Seat Belt Reminder for all 5 seats standard across grades (newly introduced rear seat belt reminder in all grades)
  • Driver & Assistant Sunvisor Vanity Mirror with Lid standard across grades (newly introduced in SV, V, VX)
  • Digital Analogue Integrated Meter with 17.7cm (7inch) HD Full Colour TFT MID standard across grades (newly introduced in SV, V)
  • Enhancement of Front AC Vents Knob & Fan / Temperature Control Knob with Silver Paint in V, VX and ZX
With these updates, I guess Honda is aggressively targeting low and mid variants of Creta/Seltos/Vitara/Hyryder and top variants of Sonet/Venue/Nexon. IMO, Elevate V MT is too good a choice as no-nonsense car for bulletproof reliability and long term ownership eventually turning into a beater car later in ownership years.

Quote:
Honda City:
  • 6 Airbags as standard application across grades (newly introduced in SV and V)
  • Seat Belt Reminder for all 5 seats standard across grades (newly introduced rear seat belt reminder in all grades)
  • 10.6 cm (4.2 inch) Color TFT Meter Display newly introduced in SV grade
  • 8 speaker premium surround sound system newly introduced in VX grade
  • Rear Sunshade newly introduced in VX grade
Quote:
Honda Amaze:

Last edited by varunswnt : 2nd April 2024 at 11:22.
varunswnt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:21   #19
BHPian

I am so glad that they have made 6 airbags as standard for Elevate and City. Elevate lacking a 5th headrest for the rear bench was a major downer which they have corrected. Superb job by the Honda guys!

Last edited by Phantom 510 : 2nd April 2024 at 12:23.
Phantom 510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:25   #20
BHPian

One thing they needed to do was to improve the looks of Elevate’s base variant. The likes of Creta & GV sale in big numbers in their base variants. But to me Elevate’s base variant just looks hideous, especially that coloured B pillar. Come on Honda, how much does it cost to give at least Blackened B pillars?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda India adds new safety features to model range | City & Elevate get 6 airbags on all variants-img_6940.png  

Aakash118 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:56   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Honda has upgraded the safety features offered on the City and Elevate. Both cars now get 6 airbags as standard across all variants.
This should have been done from launch, but nevertheless its great to witness the legend waking from slumber.

IMO Honda City strikes fine balance for single car ownership, reliability with safety, 'man maximum, machine minimum' (M/M) approach of Honda is reflected in the space inside and segment benchmark comfort levels paired with that 1.5 NA i-VTEC is match made in heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
It is an NA petrol engine. It does what it can do, better than others in the same category of vehicles. Dont expect it to win drag races. It is a comfortable highway machine for all practical purposes.
Sir you have nailed the summary of NA motor. Turbo petrol will any day be more punchy but from my experience with Kushaq 1.0 MT, you need to work the gear box more at city speeds.
With our predominantly urban driving conditions (read low end power for city crawling) 1.2 NA for small cars and 1.5 NA for medium cars is all we need and the reliability that comes with NA engine seals the deal.
It is milk cake from neighbor sweet shop to cheese cake from high end bakery comparison but my current ride MS Vitara Brezza 1.5 P is more relaxing to drive in comparison to Kushaq 1.0 MT at city speeds. 9 out of 10 times I don't need to engage 1st gear even at almost stopping scenario and 2nd-3rd-4th gear is all I need for urban commute. Cherry on top is 14.5-15.3 kmpl in city irrespective of how many are seated and that growl at 6000 rpm is music.

Last edited by Bhuvan : 2nd April 2024 at 13:17. Reason: Change of expression and grammatical mistake
Bhuvan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
wonder why could not have more power.
Everyone wishing for more power is normal.

Quote:
Very poor power delivery and highway drive is a struggle.
But the above statement seems very much prejudiced or misinformed about Elevate. As an owner of Elevate zx cvt for the last 6 months, I would like to inform the new buyers that the above statement is incorrect.

I upgraded from i10 and I am very much satisfied with Elevate's power delivery and ride quality. To give an example.. the driving time for me to travel from Bengaluru to my hometown during the daytime was around 8 hours (excluding breaks) with i10 for the 400 km and the driving time with Elevate happened to be 7 hours (excluding breaks) with the similar driving style and the same route.

If you are planning to downgrade from a higher specs vehicle, it's natural to feel unexcited about the power; but it's incorrect to state that highway drive is a struggle. When I drive Elevate in the sports mode.. I know there is nothing I cannot overtake on the road, which is going within the legal speed limits.
nreddy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 23:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nreddy View Post
Everyone wishing for more power is normal.
But the above statement seems very much prejudiced or misinformed about Elevate. As an owner of Elevate zx cvt for the last 6 months, I would like to inform the new buyers that the above statement is incorrect.

limits.
Each according to his or her need or views or experiences. One may graduate from a two wheeler and find a four wheeler exciting and another may compare it with similar spec cars and find them boring. How does it matter.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks