Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2024, 23:13   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumblers & speed breakers are banned on National Highways: RTI

Weren't rumble strips notorious for causing vehicles to lose control? Why did they use this loophole to create these death trenches? Who is responsible for designing and implementing such ideas? This is unbelievable!
Old 20th July 2024, 11:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Fully agree, and have seen multiple accidents due to these irritating road depressions.

I have already raised a complaint with NHAI and PGPortal for the same. Please find it below. (Initially tried to follow SOP and asked for complaint register but they told none available and pushed me to go for online & email method.

Attachment 2628161
Got a response today. Not very confidence inspiring, and feels namesake, after many lives lost + financial damage.

Rumblers & speed breakers are banned on National Highways: RTI-img20240720wa0000.jpg

I have been using this road for a decade now, never have I ever seen one animal conflict on this road, that part is definitely a load of BS.
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 16:15   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Got a response today. Not very confidence inspiring, and feels namesake, after many lives lost + financial damage.
Got the same response from NHAI today. Looks like NHAI has received number of complaints from the road users on this deep ruts issue.
Let's hope that they seriously look into this issue and make it better for all.

Rumblers & speed breakers are banned on National Highways: RTI-nhai.png

Last edited by samy1117 : 24th July 2024 at 16:20. Reason: personally identifiable information on the phot. removed now.
samy1117 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 23:30   #49
BHPian

I too had submitted the complaint online and received an exact same message/letter today. I think if we, as a community can mass submit complaints, we can impact & influence a change for NHAI maintained roads!
sudeepg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 09:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Urge everyone to raise the grievances here https://pgportal.gov.in/ than just ranting and shrug off. I did my duty.
Signed-up to lodge the grievance. Not sure under which option should i be raising one. Could anyone provide the navigation path?
Old 25th July 2024, 19:12   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy1117 View Post
You can raise a complaint on government's public grievances portal.
I have done the same. It's better if more users raise complaints.

Link: https://pgportal.gov.in/

Just register with your mobile number. Sign in and select "Lodge Public Grievance" and then select "More ministries".
Search and select "Road Transport and Highways". You need to enter the highway number, road stretch, problem description, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Signed-up to lodge the grievance. Not sure under which option should i be raising one. Could anyone provide the navigation path?
You can find in the above quote by Samy1117
DRIVE_ADDICT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 17:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

Passed by this road today. The death traps were being patched up shabbily. So shabby that it wouldn’t last couple weeks/rains. Patched areas were broken already.

I so do not wish well for whoever came up with this pathetic proposal and approved it, they have a special place in hell after taking away so many lives and property. Perhaps this was just to fill the coffers of some contractor.

Good job on the complaints, we should keep them going until it’s permanently fixed.

Rumblers & speed breakers are banned on National Highways: RTI-img_0317.jpeg

Rumblers & speed breakers are banned on National Highways: RTI-img_0316.jpeg
DRIV3R is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 11:54   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Passed by this road today. The death traps were being patched up shabbily. So shabby that it wouldn’t last couple weeks/rains. Patched areas were broken already.

I so do not wish well for whoever came up with this pathetic proposal and approved it, they have a special place in hell after taking away so many lives and property. Perhaps this was just to fill the coffers of some contractor.

Good job on the complaints, we should keep them going until it’s permanently fixed.
I raised another grievance on the portal highlighting this shoddy work. Let's see what happens now. NHAI officials must be fired for allowing charging of high toll numbers and then giving us this. Their tag line is providing Connectivity, Safety and Speed!!!
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 12:07   #54
BHPian

Crossed Hosur - Krishnagiri stretch & came back yesterday. The patch work is now good & done on all such strips. We can now cross them in reduced speed unlike the dead halt earlier.

Flyover construction is going on in 3 locations & have to crawl on the 2-lane diversion causing traffic jams & delays. Trucks climbing at snail pace in all 3 lanes is more frequent now. This stretch is not the same as before.

Hoping to use the alternate Dharmapuri - Chandapura new 4-track once finished.
viggienomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 12:09   #55
BHPian

Is it me or is it my observation that these lame speed breakers on highways and rumblers are always found in NH's leading in and out of Bangalore. NH's in Tamil Nadu have those wretched iron barricades at each junction. I haven't seen any such contraption in NHs in Kerala, though the roads themselves are narrow in most places. Wondering what kind of geniuses take these decisions. All in all, dangerous road, rash drivers and mad traffic have taken the fun out of road trips for me by a large margin. Its more exhausting than fun these days to drive anywhere.

Last edited by SR-71 : 5th August 2024 at 12:11.
Old 5th August 2024, 21:25   #56
BHPian

Driven thru this stretch over the weekend. There are some improvements. Most of the deep ruts are filled. The ruts are still deeper than regular white rumbles though.
But we can safely pass thru these ruts at much faster speed than earlier. We should keep raising complaints until they completely remove/fill these rumbles.

I realized that they created these deep ruts at many places for no reason at all.
No crossings or junctions ahead but still they created these deep ruts just to frustrate the drivers.
samy1117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 12:44   #57
Senior - BHPian

One more major pileup involving about 13 vehicles right at one of these namesake filled up rumblers, not sure what NHAI is waiting for to fix these for good. Terrible.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/amp...s-berandapalli

Some reports mention death toll at 5-6, while some others mention it as 1, like above.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 14:01   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Some reports mention death toll at 5-6, while some others mention it as 1, like above.
Unfortunately, we loose more lives due to the poor design of the roads than the mistakes committed by the drivers.

Do we pay less road tax, car tax, toll tax etc etc to get such poor designed roads where the safety of the drivers/riders is at risk.

It's high time accountability is set and the engineers in the government department or whoever is responsible are taken to the task. Else we will be busy in fault finding of the drivers when in actual the design is horrendous.
NomadSK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 09:03   #59
BHPian

We should flood NHAI with complaints attaching existing complaint numbers saying their inaction cost lives. We should hold the engineers and officials accountable for all the lost lives.

Truly disappointing what our country is becoming. No planning, jugaad for everything and there is only jingoism the moment you point fingers. Despite shelling out lakhs of rupees as taxes, this is what we get in return.
krishnakumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 23:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

Just drove through this stretch. It's pure vandalism by whoever has done it, nothing else.

It's thrown randomly across a 6 lane highway with apparently no use case at all. It's not before any dangerous curve, nor near any potential pedestrian crossing. Absolutely ridiculous and deserves criminal charges against the perpetrators for endangering lives and property.

If the 'fixed' condition is like this, cannot imagine how it was initially. Really sad state of affairs.
sarathlal is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks