Old 5th May 2024, 08:18   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti to send Brezza, Baleno & Grand Vitara for BNCAP crash tests

Bharat NCAP results of Baleno, Brezza, Grand Vitara to be out any time: Maruti

Maruti Suzuki India Corporate Affairs Head Rahul Bharti:

Quote:
We are expecting them any time.
Quote:
As of now, the results are not known. We have offered these three models for testing for Bharat NCAP
Link:
Old 5th May 2024, 22:05   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki will announce the safety ratings for its Grand Vitara, Brezza, and Baleno models from the Bharat New Car Assessment Programme (BNCAP) on May 8th.

Quote:
Maruti Baleno, Grand Vitara, and Brezza were delivered in January 2023 to the government authorities for the ratings.

They also passed the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) and Central Road Transport Institute testing regimes as early as March 2024.

The government authorities fearing the programme will run out of steam have advised the OEMs not to wait until the code of conduct ends on June 4th and instead go ahead with the result announcement.

Maruti Fronx, Hyundai Tucson, Honda Amaze, and Honda City will be the next cars to undergo BNCAP testing.

Link: (Why no new BNCAP tests in the last 2 months? Is the voluntary program a failure?)

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th May 2024 at 22:12.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 22:22   #18
BHPian

I am unaware of the finer details of how the cars are sent and how it is ensured that they are standard-stock produced cars being delivered.

However, I imagine that to add more transparency to the process to procure these vehicles for in-production vehicles, like the Suzuki examples should be such that the testing organization should secure the vehicles somewhat similar to an ordinary customer from a dealership and not the auto company supplying these vehicles to the testing organization.

One way to do this could be to:
Book the car
Perform a basic PDI
Note the VIN/Engine Number details
Inform the auto maker to facilitate the transaction as a for-test vehicle

I’m sure I am not the only skeptic here, and I definitely lack lot of information about the inner workings of this process, so thoughts?

Last edited by SixPistons : 5th May 2024 at 22:24.
SixPistons is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 16:54   #19
BHPian

@Mods: please add this to my previous post.

Why isn’t this announcement being made at a day’s notice by the Testing Organization to the media? I would think the point of the tests and their results is something for the people to know as a general fact and not something to be de facto marketed by the auto manufacturers at first.
Old 6th May 2024, 17:43   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
----

Why isn’t this announcement being made at a day’s notice by the Testing Organization to the media? I would think the point of the tests and their results is something for the people to know as a general fact and not something to be de facto marketed by the auto manufacturers at first.
This is due to the on-going elections and the model code has kicked in. Hence this time the manufacturer will announce the results. (likely on 8th May)
If BNCAP has to announce the results it ought to be after June 4th.

Quote:
As the model code of conduct imposed during the general elections had come into effect, no new test announcement was made. However, government authorities, fearing the programme will run out of steam, have advised the manufacturers not to wait until the code of conduct ends on June 4, and instead, go ahead with the announcement of the results.

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th May 2024 at 17:45.
Old 6th May 2024, 20:08   #21
BHPian

I would take these results with a bucket load of salt. I don't want to wait for them to release and then comment after it.
This is my view:
Maruti Suzuki is India's no1 manufacturer(sales numbers) who always fail miserably in GNCAP crash tests, except for one or two exceptions and credit where it is due for that.
GNCAP till now(wont comment on their updated protocols and ratings) has always been a reliable source for knowing a car's crash worthiness.
Maruti Suzuki was always bashed by GNCAP for their poor performance in GNCAP's tests.
Now India comes up with BNCAP for what reason only they should know. GNCAP was a reliable enough source and there was no actual reason to establish a separate Indian entity(apart from aatmanirbhar bharat, I rest my case)
GNCAP was releasing crash test results until a week or two ago, and unsurprisingly no Maruti was tested.
Now BNCAP announces they have their results ready and the first cars that they have tested are Maruti's and they have apparently scored well.

Why should I not believe that BNCAP and Maruti work hand in hand? The largest auto manufacturer of India has enough money to establish a new organisation because some other organisation was always bashing them.
Had BNCAP started with a different brand, I wouldn't have been surprised.
I rest my case.
Maruti should be appreciated for not correcting their poor engineering and instead doing this.

Last edited by saikishor : 6th May 2024 at 20:09.
saikishor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 21:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This is due to the on-going elections and the model code has kicked in. Hence this time the manufacturer will announce the results. (likely on 8th May)
If BNCAP has to announce the results it ought to be after June 4th.

Link:
To bring BNCAP under the purview of model code of conduct itself is problematic. This should be a truly independent body under no particular government.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 07:52   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post

Now BNCAP announces they have their results ready and the first cars that they have tested are Maruti's and they have apparently scored well.

Just for correction, Tata twins, Harrier and Safari have already been tested by BNCAP so the new results could be of the first car from Maruti but not the first car being tested by BNCAP.

Link (Tata Harrier & Safari receive first-ever Bharat-NCAP 5-star rating)

Last edited by BoneCollector : 8th May 2024 at 07:53.
Old 8th May 2024, 16:38   #24
BHPian

Weren't the results expected today from the manufacturer? Or is the manufacturer also bound by election code of conduct now?
ToThePoint is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 17:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Weren't the results expected today from the manufacturer? Or is the manufacturer also bound by election code of conduct now?
Interestingly, Autocar Pro has taken down the original article with the May 8 date and other model names (Exter, Tucson, City etc.), and replaced it with a less specific article. I have attached the PDF for reference.

That said, even the last release (Safari/Harrier) was in the late evening as far as I can remember.
ron178 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 17:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post

That said, even the last release (Safari/Harrier) was in the late evening as far as I can remember.
Okay. We have waited all this while, let's wait a few hours more and see
Old 8th May 2024, 18:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Interestingly, Autocar Pro has taken down the original article with the May 8 date and other model names (Exter, Tucson, City etc.), and replaced it with a less specific article. I have attached the PDF for reference.
Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift is launching tomorrow(9th May). So, it would make more sense if the Maruti Suzuki crash results are announced in the press event(if the results as good as speculated).

There was an article by Rushlane stating the Swift would be launched on 8th May. Was the launched delayed by a day?
https://www.rushlane.com/2024-maruti...-12495825.html

Not sure about the cars from other manufacturers mentioned in the old articles.
Ptr11s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 18:37   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Okay. We have waited all this while, let's wait a few hours more and see
The updated BNCAP shows provisions for uploading 3 more cars which I believe will be from Maruti Suzuki.

Maruti to send Brezza, Baleno & Grand Vitara for BNCAP crash tests-screenshot-20240508-183557.png

As stated in the above post, if not today, Maruti could release the crash test results of Baleno, Brezza and grand Vitara at the launch of Swift.
Old 10th May 2024, 16:11   #29
BHPian

Weren't the BNCAP results for Baleno, Brezza and Grand Vitara supposed to be out on 8 May ? There is still no sign of the results yet. I guess atleast one model has successfully flunked Maruti's expectations in the tests.
Old 10th May 2024, 16:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Weren’t there rumours about MSIL having bought out the B-NCAP folks? Maruti seeming eager to send their cars all of a sudden is cause for enthusiasts’ ears to perk up.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed