Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2023, 14:30   #91
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Harrier, Safari score a 5-star rating in Global NCAP crash test

Fantastic Tata Motors You are amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
It could be the 7th airbag. I remember reading an old thread that driver leg protection was the issue with Fiat engine in right hand drive cars. The additonal airbag below steering probably takes care of that issue. Pre facelift Safari's does not get that airbag. So most likely they wont get this 5 star rating.

This was the related post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4870464 (2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review)
Ever since i heard about engine component protruding inside, i was wondering, why cant be 6 x 6 inch armor plate put there to protect the passenger.

Engineer's can think better and smarter than that to acheive the safety.
TeddyBear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 15:44   #92
BHPian

Amazing achievement by our own Tata! Super proud of them as they managed this with the Fiat Engine. Wonderful news Tata!

Now that’s almost a glass half full situation, sort your QC and have great ASC’s then that’s it, we would have a well built and reliable vehicle.

Hyundai and Maruthi should take a leaf out of Tata on their safety aspect and Tata learn from their competitors on QC and other things.
Old 18th October 2023, 17:50   #93
BHPian

While the base variant is tested, which does have only the standard safety kit for the model, there is one thing that perhaps works in favor of base variant is the lack of sunroof.

Just wondering how a variant with Sunroof will fare in the same side pole crash? Would it be worse?
Old 18th October 2023, 18:13   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
While the base variant is tested, which does have only the standard safety kit for the model, there is one thing that perhaps works in favor of base variant is the lack of sunroof.

Just wondering how a variant with Sunroof will fare in the same side pole crash? Would it be worse?
Did you watch the pole crash test video of Safari ?
steadfast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 18:27   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Including the Safari, every Indian GNCAP side pole impact car so far has been tested with a sunroof. Excluding the Harrier which was only a validation test for rating extension, due to significant difference in wheelbase.
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 18:53   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
It's a crash. Bits will fly. Be it Tata or a Rolls Royce.
Hehe. Ok, I deserve that In hindsight, seems like a silly thing to wonder about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
And especially - in case of a GNCAP standard crash test - small press-fit items coming off, is to be expected.
Agree. I wonder now why I wondered that before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Stereotyping aside "panels falling off" is not a usual problem with Tata cars (except on Team BHP perhaps).
We’ll have to agree to disagree on this. I somehow doubt Tata would reduce QC only for those cars destined for BHPians. I personally know of two others who had bits fall off their not-old Tata cars. A few years ago, I myself got into the backseat of a display Safari in the showroom, closed the door and the trim covering the handle came off into my hand. In Evo India’s review of the Harrier facelift, within the first few minutes, Sireesh talks about a panel cover falling off from the boot. He and many other reviewers spoke about the rubber falling off the pedals. Anyway, no hate was intended. I happen to really adore the Safari. As i’ve mentioned in another post on this very thread, I really wanted to buy one 2 years ago, but it’s quality and reliability prevented me from going ahead.
lordrayden is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 20:33   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Safari and Harrier, both were tested for all the tests. Safari was with sunroof in golden colour and Harrier without sunroof in white. You can read the post no. 20 in this thread for more.
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 21:24   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post

With a very heavy heart, I had to pass over a Safari for my new car 2 years ago. I was actually angry with Tata for building such a wonderful car but screwing up quality control, fit and finish, etc. I honestly wish Tata fixes these problems in the coming years ... so I can buy the next gen Safari .
I agree. I too did not buy the Harrier last year, after coming really close to booking it - exactly for the same reasons.
kayarem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 21:52   #99
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I'm completely unsurprised! Tata deserves praise for being a leading advocate of safety in the Indian automobile industry. If they better their QC and overall product quality, they could outperform Hyundai sooner than anticipated.

Well done, Tata!
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 21:59   #100
BHPian

I'm really happy that both the premium Tata's got tested. I do suspect they fixed the oil filter assembly location or maybe the knee airbag helps solve that problem. Else why wouldn't the pre-facelift version be tested earlier?

Last edited by Sheel : 19th October 2023 at 10:52. Reason: Please proof read your post. Thanks.
Old 19th October 2023, 12:56   #101
BHPian

What a complete package. Great looks, long feature list, reliable engine, good pricing and security assurance. Kudos to Tata
Old 19th October 2023, 13:45   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venukrithish View Post
I'm really happy that both the premium Tata's got tested. I do suspect they fixed the oil filter assembly location or maybe the knee airbag helps solve that problem. Else why wouldn't the pre-facelift version be tested earlier?
I am really looking for the answer to this given that I bought Safari few months ago. While I know that the previous version wasn't ready for a 5 star - I will be happy if it wasn't perfect but even if it had something near 4 stars. Probably a question on every Safari owners mind right now.
Old 19th October 2023, 14:50   #103

This is a great achievement for the Tata team, they have taken the best from competition and created two of the best cars in the market. Fiat engine, Hyundai sourced Torque converter and their own Land Rover design team.

Proud to own Harrier
amolpg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 15:25   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venukrithish View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, trust the variant with lowest number of safety features is tested in frontal offset test and the variant tested won't be having a knee airbag.
Old 24th October 2023, 05:25   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, trust the variant with lowest number of safety features is tested in frontal offset test and the variant tested won't be having a knee airbag.
True. It's always the lower variant which gets tested. The test vehicle did not have any knee airbag. Of course, pre facelift Harriers had 2 airbags as standard till mid level models, so would have surely scored less.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks