Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2023, 21:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

High Court denies bail to Youtube stunter who did a wheelie & crashed on highway

A road menace and stunt Youtuber from TN, TT Vasan was injured last month when he tried a wheelie on a highway and was hospitalised. He was arrested and remanded to custody, and has been trying for bail ever since.

Today the Madras Highcourt not only denied him bail, but also opined his bike should be burnt and all his Youtube stunt videos be taken down.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le67321826.ece

https://www.news9live.com/state/tami...%20be%20closed.
Gansan is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 01:24   #2
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
A road menace and stunt Youtuber from TN, TT Vasan was injured last month when he tried a wheelie on a highway and was hospitalised. He was arrested and remanded to custody, and has been trying for bail ever since.

Today the Madras Highcourt not only denied him bail, but also opined his bike should be burnt and all his Youtube stunt videos be taken down..
I admit to feeling a bit of glee about this. Not that he was injured, nobody deserves to be harmed. But that the judiciary was kind of blunt with him, opined that his bike should be burnt, his YouTube videos taken down. They rejected his bail petition three times, damn.

I hope he gets the commensurate punishment for endangering lives on the road. Irrespective of whatever political connections he's rumoured to have, a serial offender like him should not be allowed to escape from the law.
Small Bot is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 10:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Today the Madras Highcourt not only denied him bail, but also opined his bike should be burnt and all his Youtube stunt videos be taken down.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le67321826.ece

https://www.news9live.com/state/tami...%20be%20closed.
One of the best things I have read in the recent past. Judiciary with a conscience. Really really hats off!! I wish this news gets viral like some of the stunt videos do. That way, it may be a good turn-off for other kids/youth not to get into such stunts while growing up. I will share this on my social media with a maximum of people and do my bit for awareness.
funkykar is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 11:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

What good will burning the bike do? At least sell it off and use that for some charity?

And I really wish there was some control by the media giants to restrict monetization of videos that break the law. But then that would be counter productive for them I guess.
deathwalkr is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 12:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
What good will burning the bike do? At least sell it off and use that for some charity?
+1 to this. I know that they won't burn the bike per se, but they could auction it off and use the amount raised for say - something like road safety campaigns.

Aside from this one comment, I welcome the court's decision. We need more decisions like these.

Edit:

Quote:
his bike was mangled
Just noticed this in the article. The bike is of no use then.

Last edited by furyrider : 6th October 2023 at 12:23. Reason: .
furyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 14:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A road menace
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
What good will burning the bike do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
Aside from this one comment, I welcome the court's decision. We need more decisions like these.
There are teenagers today who cry and honor dead instagramers and puliongo's death and go their graves and make another disrespectful video out of visit to their graves.

By keeping such people in Jails for longer the community will become a better place for parents and kids. Some fear will be instilled into young minds who should be rather concentrating on the future rather than a stupid wheelie.

And Instagram and Youtube should be penalized in millions and millions for supporting such deadly stunts and inciting young kids to do more and more and hurt themselves and at times hurt some bystander also.

Paying for views of such videos is no less than paying for videos which teaches how to make explosives or other such illegal content.
svsantosh is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 09:22   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: High Court denies bail to Youtube stunter who did a wheelie & crashed on highway

Thanks for sharing, Gansan! Moving your post out to a new thread. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Will add to homepage tomorrow .

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 09:35   #8
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: High Court denies bail to Youtube stunter who did a wheelie & crashed on highway

Unfortunately, this verdict is a double edged sword. It punishes the accused, but also gives him a lot of publicity, which he can use to increase his fan base.

I never heared about this guy, but now I know.

Courts should ask for an undertaking from the accused that he will not perform these stunts again on a public road and if found to commit the same or similar crime, he can be jailed for an year (or whatever the hon'ble court decides).

The youtuber from Dehradun was made to apologise on a video but still continued to post such videos and we know what happened to him.

Link to the post where I shared that video.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post5542760 (Accidents in India | Pics & Videos)
MT_Hyderabad is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 10:53   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

It's ok if he gets publicity, this is mainly negative and not positive. This also sends a very clear message to the others doing something similar that if caught you might be in for a long haul.

Burning down the bike part is a little of haste and seems more emotionally biased, but all in all a judgement like this this is the need of the hour.
Old 7th October 2023, 11:13   #10
BHPian

Update : His license has been suspended for a period of 10 years. Welcome decision, same should be applicable for habitual offenders.

Public Road is not meant for stunts.
Attached Thumbnails
High Court denies bail to Youtube stunter who did a wheelie & crashed on highway-20231007_111016.jpg  

High Court denies bail to Youtube stunter who did a wheelie & crashed on highway-20231007_111012.jpg  

tiagoatrix is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 11:46   #11
BHPian

I had no idea who this clown was until recently and what a joker he is! The audacity these idiots shows as though they designed and engineered the very Motorcycle they ride on.

I cannot fathom the fact that in today's world such idiots are the ones who are followed and worshipped by many (useless) youngsters. I side with the Judges' vehement order where he openly goes onto say that his Motorbikes should be burnt. I mean we public feel that when these reckless idiots ride on our roads endangering other right? Person like him need to be shown his place and it looks like its prison for a while. The court in this case would deliberately make him suffer so he learns a lesson or two ( which I highly doubt as these idiots never learn) Glad his license is suspended for 10 years. Lets just hope that he is not back on the roads with a duplicate license or even begins to drive cars like the infamous Faisal Khan, who, I dont know when would get caught for his reckless driving in the name of reviews!
vjbox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 21:57   #12
BHPian

This unfortunately gave him more eyeballs which he doesn’t deserve. As his name, he nearly became Vaikunthavasan. Majority will be these types or the ones in reels slipping in ghat sections on NS200s, RCs etc sometimes taking their pillions with them. There was this other Pro 1000 rider who passed away after a horrific crash over speeding on his ZX10R and became a martyr! Our youngsters have to be taught by severe means like burning bike etc as it’s difficult to sit them down. One of my friends who was a habitual chapri on 2 wheels only sobered up when his Classic 350 broke his leg and his father almost sold it.
100Kmphormore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 10:29   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
There are teenagers today who cry and honor dead instagramers and puliongo's death and go their graves and make another disrespectful video out of visit to their graves
Rights said. Don't know how cringy these so-called insta influencers/pullingos will do in the future. I have seen a reel where an idiot performs snake dance in traffic, and hits another family going on a bike. Both of them fell and had severe injuries. Next shot, one sad BGM about that idiot getting treated. Next shot with a hero's BGM that stupid performing stunts again on public road
Shan_Kmu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 13:28   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

A name is often important. While people like me who did not know who he is, now come to know who he is.

Compared to saying "a vlogger has been meted this punishment", it becomes more focussed when a name is there - the aim of the judgement is for the people who idolize him and follow him. The message is for them.

Good call by the Madras HC - though I dont think burning the bike will make as much of a difference as the rest of it - esp suspension of licence, and taking down the videos.
Old 8th October 2023, 15:12   #15
BHPian

Getting the license suspended for 10 years is something he deserves.

I have watched his videos and always felt he is very immature. These days teenagers get carried away too much with the social media and he is one of them.

For those who don't know him. This is not a punishment for someone who committed mistake for the first time. He has been warned several times in the past for breaching the traffic rules and laws.
M-Roc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks