Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Made-in-India Hyundai Verna scores 5 stars in the Global NCAP!

Hyundai India has displayed the Verna bodyshell at safety related initiatives event in Delhi.

Made-in-India Hyundai Verna scores 5 stars in the Global NCAP!-20231003_142020.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd October 2023 at 14:24.
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
This perfectly sums up my feeling also on seeing this news! One of the first reaction of people when I told them I got the new Verna is that it is not safe as the VAG twins and not crash rated! Now a perfect 5 stars for the Verna and the first one for Hyundai!

The Bodyshell Integrity seems concerning though. Not sure of the way how GNCAP rates these. If someone could throw some light on this, it would be great!
I have asked this in the forum too but I think you can stay happy with this result!
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:24   #18
BHPian

I hope the same ratings trickle down to Creta/Seltos twins. This will kick all the competition out of the way for Hyundai/Kia.
nisshith is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post

The Bodyshell Integrity seems concerning though. Not sure of the way how GNCAP rates these. If someone could throw some light on this, it would be great!
Watch this video from 3:05, where GNCAP explains why the bodyshell is rated as unstable.

chaitanyakrish is online now   (29) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:32   #20
BHPian

Huge huge huge kudos to Hyundai! Only thing that they needed to fix was safety, and I am glad that they have finally done it. Wish all of their models become as safe as the Verna in the near future(looking at you Creta, Venue, i20).
saikishor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:39   #21
BHPian

Wow. This is great news. Thanks for sharing.
At one level, it's reassuring having purchased a 1.5 Turbo SX DCT 5 months back, Shell integrity notwithstanding. It's like a cherry on a cake that has the most powerful engine in it's class, smooth DCT, a strong feature list, good ride and handling balance and overall value proposition.
It's SX Manual and Auto is within 1.5 lacs of top end CSUVs and cheaper than 1.5 NA variants of 4.3 metre SUVs / crossovers.
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Top that up with decent cabin space & a neutral suspension, and you have an absolute all-rounder! This is what it takes to spice up a dying sedan segment.
I am 100% sure that they are working on an N-Line edition too, which will bridge the gap to German duo on the handling part. Also expecting fog lamps along with those updates.
myavu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Amazing, absolutely great news for the Indian car industry and finally Hyundai paying attention to safety. Kudos to them.

Now it's time for both Maruti and Hyundai to start going down the lower segment like premium hatches and ensure they get similar results. Tata has shown that it's possible even at a low price point.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2023 at 06:41. Reason: Grammar
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:48   #24
BHPian

Bodyshell is rated as unstable and not capable of withstanding further stress, this does not inspire confidence, for reference, the latest generation Maruti Suzuki Alto has the bodyshell rated as stable when it scored 2 stars in the latest GNCAP test, as much as I appreciate Hyundai Verna scoring 5 stars, I feel further strengthening of bodyshell should be considered.

Last edited by abaliga : 3rd October 2023 at 14:53.
abaliga is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 14:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Global NCAP welcomes Hyundai to the five star club in the Indian market.

Made-in-India Hyundai Verna scores 5 stars in the Global NCAP!-20231003_145532.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:08   #26
BHPian

Hats off to Hyundai for this positive step towards building safer cars. I was expecting 3 stars for this Verna. Time for Maruti to wake up to the reality that more Indian buyers are also considering the safety aspect while purchasing cars.

This new Verna is all set to be the King of it's segment.
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:15   #27
BHPian

The major USP of VW and Skoda which has been doing wonders to their 2.0 initiative is now owned by Hyundai too. The sales of German siblings surely will undergo downward correction. An average buyer would not bother about other findings like 'body shell not being stable' etc..., as what will be advertised is the 'Five Stars'.
CArspeed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:15   #28

I don’t understand how an unstable body and footwell gives Verna 5 stars as opposed to i20, Creta and Seltos which are based out of the same k2 platform. Any thoughts on this ?
WheelsOnFire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajk15 View Post
*City, Slavia and Virtus crying in corner

I don't know if you know this, but the made in India VW Virtus and Skoda Slavia are also 5 star rated cars as per GNCAP.

Virtus and by extension Slavia, have a marginally better overall Adult safety rating than Verna and identical rating for Child protection. But, the most important thing is that their bodyshell has been rated as "Stable".
Doonite is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:34   #30
BHPian

Wow, great news for an average car owner who is not mechanically or technically inclined. Till now the common man has to choose between safety and fuss-free ownership. Now this makes a complete package where one does not have to sacrifice anything. Hope all the newer generation Hyundais receive the same rating. The ball's on the Maruti's court now. The common man is the ultimate beneficiary and well done GNCAP. You have served your purpose.
darkfantasy is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks