Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2023, 16:58   #91
pms
BHPian

Re: Auto Hold: Most convenient yet neglected feature!

Sorry if this question is already answered - Vehicle on Auto Hold in D mode in a DCT transmission will free up the clutch or it will still be under undue pressure resulting in heating up of transmission?

I get that the best way is to switch to Neutral with EPB enabled for longer wait times.

Last edited by pms : 31st October 2023 at 17:00.
Old 5th November 2023, 01:10   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Sorry if this question is already answered - Vehicle on Auto Hold in D mode in a DCT transmission will free up the clutch or it will still be under undue pressure resulting in heating up of transmission?

I get that the best way is to switch to Neutral with EPB enabled for longer wait times.
In DCT the clutch is disengaged when the auto hold is on. So don't worry about the clutch wearing out. Moreover if there was any slightest problem associated with the clutch while using auto hold, the car companies wouldn't have provided it or would have issued a strong warning against using auto hold for prolonged periods.
marinerandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 08:38   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerandy View Post
In DCT the clutch is disengaged when the auto hold is on. So don't worry about the clutch wearing out. Moreover if there was any slightest problem associated with the clutch while using auto hold, the car companies wouldn't have provided it or would have issued a strong warning against using auto hold for prolonged periods.
Incidentally I have recently moved from a Creta diesel AT with EPB to a Verna DCT with EPB. The nature of operating the EPB is different. In the Creta, one can disengage EPB and press the accelerator right away (after shifting to D). In the Verna one has to press the brake while disengaging EPB and then press the accelerator.
Old 5th November 2023, 10:13   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Incidentally I have recently moved from a Creta diesel AT with EPB to a Verna DCT with EPB
In my case am using Autohold + ISG. I hardly use EPB. Following is the SOP during signal stop/stop-go traffic

1. I hard press the brake and so Autohold will engage with engine shutdown

2. I slowly tap the accelerator or if my camera detects the forward movement of the vehicle in front, it will start the engine with auto-hold on till I tap the accelerator

Last edited by greyhound82 : 5th November 2023 at 10:16.
Old 5th November 2023, 11:42   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
if my camera detects the forward movement of the vehicle in front, it will start the engine with auto-hold on till I tap the accelerator
What camera is this? Which car? Or do you mean ADAS?
Old 9th November 2023, 14:52   #96
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
In my case am using Autohold + ISG. I hardly use EPB. Following is the SOP during signal stop/stop-go traffic

1. I hard press the brake and so Autohold will engage with engine shutdown

2. I slowly tap the accelerator or if my camera detects the forward movement of the vehicle in front, it will start the engine with auto-hold on till I tap the accelerator
1) I have an Alcazar DCT and it works well with Auto Start/Stop and Auto Hold. But the annoying part is it switches off the AC as well which might not be desirable in hot climates.

2) On your 2nd point, I have observed my vehicle starts automatically many times even without pressing the accelerator. This is pretty surprising and am not sure on the logic behind Auto Start Stop, was thinking maybe the ambient temperature inside is low, so it starts to make the AC work. But I dont think its because of forward movement of the vehicle in front unless this is some ADAS feature. Can probably be an issue as well in my case, not sure

Last edited by pms : 9th November 2023 at 14:55.
Old 28th December 2023, 22:49   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
In my Nexon EV Max, there is autohold + creep function. Autohold switches on when you hold the brakes for a few seconds after coming to standstill and the car moves when you press accelerator. If you don't hold the brakes for long (a few seconds) and you come to standstill, autohold won't engage and you will get the creep function.

I'm planning to buy the upcoming Curvv ev and this perfection makes me happy. I think the best combo that would cater 99% of traffic conditions.
pranavjindal999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 08:45   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykr View Post
I have never observed any engine strain in my Honda City with the Auto Hold engaged
How to engage Auto Hold in the City ?

Most Viewed