Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2023, 14:10   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Small incident with Taigun GT windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_fiat View Post
Can we have multiple fast tags linked to a number ?
Legally no. This is what the SOP for FASTag says;

Normally one vehicle is assigned with one FASTag issued by a bank. However, under circumstances, if the vehicle user is not satisfied with the service of a bank, they can get new FASTag assigned provided that the earlier tag has not been blacklisted by the bank due to various issues such as non-payment of toll,etc.
Old 14th August 2023, 20:53   #17
BHPian

If the Toll both has an agent, most probably they can enter the vehicle number manually and clear the way deducting the toll.

I have faced this many times. They have a camera pointed towards the car and they see the number on the monitor and manually enter the vehicle number to deduct the toll. We will receive the SMS as usual. I don't think they scan the vehicle numbers.
Old 14th August 2023, 22:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostGrid View Post
It's probable that the Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) pilot program has already begun in that area.
ANPR scanning for Toll collection will bring additional headache to vehicle owners, particularly if someone else 'mis-uses' their Registration number on another vehicle, amount will keep getting deducted as that vehicle passes through toll plaza. This is a rare scenario, but definitely few cases will occur.
DevD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 13:35   #19
BHPian

Please check if the cut piece of the glass with the old fastag is kept in the car. When the windshield gets changed due to breakage, this practice of cutting that area with tags and bubble wrap and leave it along with the car. That can also be read by the RFID reader. Had seen this happen in my earlier car.
Old 31st August 2023, 16:11   #20
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
When the windshield gets changed due to breakage, this practice of cutting that area with tags and bubble wrap and leave it along with the car. That can also be read by the RFID reader. Had seen this happen in my earlier car.
Being laminated, Front windshield cannot be cut, If you try, it will just disintegrate.
Old 9th September 2023, 14:08   #21
BHPian

At the toll gate if the boom barrier is normally in open position it has automatic number plate reader as primary recognition mechanism and RFID sensor as secondary mean.
If you have active Fastag account you will be charged by ANPR. ANPR is more effective and faster system and likely to replace the tag. The malls which use Fastag as parking payment system use ANPR only. Infact some malls (dlf malls) uses ANPR and charge you at exit in cash.
Please check if your second tag was issued or first tag was still active, otherwise need to raise complaint.

Also those wanting to try to use old tag, please note that fastag replacement cost is only Rs 100 and not Rs 500 which is for new. So don’t try any innovations here but just go for replacement request which also makes last tag inactive instantly.

Last edited by Wanderers : 9th September 2023 at 14:14.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 15:07   #22
NSN

Fastag is read by a scanner and the data sent to the bank, it checks the validity of the Fastag and if money is available the money gets deducted and the Toll operator is given the credit.
Number plate scanning is done at the tollplaza for verification of the Toll operator it is not linked with Fastag.

Number plate scanning is done by the toll operator to count the vehicles to arrive at the Traffic numbers as the Toll road facility is linked to the Traffic PCU capacity
Old 14th September 2023, 11:15   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
my understanding is that the toll operator can enter the vehicle number and if there is balance, then I guess deduction can happen.
Ahh, this explains why a car we sold 1 year ago still occasionally crosses a toll plaza somewhere in Maharashtra. Thankfully they aren't a heavy traveller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueceptor View Post
Before I handed over the vehicle, I took the fast tag off thinking that no toll would be deducted. To my surprise, 3 days hence I got messages of toll deductions.
Same here.. though PayTM makes it absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to cancel a Fastag, or speak to a human.

When i try to cancel the fastag via the app, it claims my fastag hasn't even been dispatched yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Legally no. This is what the SOP for FASTag says;
Actually if you read what you copy-pasted here, it sounds like a legally YES (provided you've not been blacklisted).
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks