Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2023, 01:00   #1

Puducherry: Drunk driver hits pedestrians and vehicles; thrashed by mob

In Pondicherry.

Warning: Mob Justice ALERT - Gory Vigilante Justice

Below images are from WhatsApp forward:

Puducherry: Drunk driver hits pedestrians and vehicles; thrashed by mob-img20230711wa0003.jpg

Puducherry: Drunk driver hits pedestrians and vehicles; thrashed by mob-img20230711wa0002.jpg

Puducherry: Drunk driver hits pedestrians and vehicles; thrashed by mob-img20230711wa0000.jpg

Puducherry: Drunk driver hits pedestrians and vehicles; thrashed by mob-img20230711wa0001.jpg

Puducherry: Drunk driver hits pedestrians and vehicles; thrashed by mob-img20230711wa0009.jpg

I hope the LTD stickers are fake

Last edited by Aditya : 12th July 2023 at 16:11. Reason: Warning added
vvbkumar is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 08:05   #2
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

News about the Pondy incident:

Quote:
Puducherry’s bustling Nehru Road on Monday witnessed a scene of chaos after a speeding black car hit multiple two-wheelers before reaching Muthialpet and knocking down several pedestrians.

The alarming situation quickly prompted bystanders to take the matter into their hands. In an attempt to contain the car’s rampage, on their two-wheelers they managed to intercept it. As the confrontation started, emotions ran high and the angry crowd resorted to violence, assaulting the five individuals.
Mob Justice Alert - Gory Vigilante Justice
https://www.freepressjournal.in/indi...isuals-surface

Last edited by GTO : 13th July 2023 at 11:46. Reason: Just adding a warning for people clicking on the link :)
epiccross is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 09:32   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvbkumar View Post
In Pondicherry.

Below images are from WhatsApp forward:

Attachment 2475052

I myself have recorded several instances of cars sporting such stickers being driven rashly in and around Chennai, with no regard for rules or safety. I understand that there is no way the Forum here can control it, nor can the Forum be responsible for the irresponsible behavior of a few. But it does bring the rest a bad name.
asmr is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 12:06   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Puducherry: Drunk driver hits pedestrians and vehicles; thrashed by mob

Puducherry: Drunk driver hits pedestrians and vehicles; thrashed by mob - Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 13th July 2023, 14:20   #5
BHPian

That said, I don't think this mob violence like this can be justified AT ALL. And they beat up all the passengers to top all that, I think one of the guys is claiming that the guy is drove on (it's faint and can't hear clearly) despite them asking him not to. Why can't the mob just restrain them and wait for the cops to arrive? I know, who am I kidding, really.
epiccross is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 15:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully this is a fake LTD sticker! And as such there's an alarming rise in road rage. Hopefully MV law enforces law as well as justice is swiftly served so as public are discouraged from taking matters into their own hands.
Puducherry: Drunk driver hits pedestrians and vehicles; thrashed by mob-a1.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 13th July 2023 at 15:20.
Old 13th July 2023, 17:17   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvbkumar View Post
I

The LTD sticker is likely not fake. In my opinion, there are three categories of people who like to sport these decals;
1. those who are members and are proud of it.
2. those who are not members, but are avid readers/followers.
3. those who have nothing to do with TBHP or its ideals. These are the ones who do drunken dares, drive like idiots, overspeed, perform stunts etc while driving on public roads, and who like the slogan on the sticker, so they just buy it and display it.

The last category surely outnumber the first two, given that there is no dearth of idiots. I'm fairly certain that this car owner too belongs to category 3, but who knows! It could even be a case of the original owner of the car being a TBHPian, who's now sold the car to an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
I myself have recorded several instances of cars sporting such stickers being driven rashly in and around Chennai, with no regard for rules or safety. I understand that there is no way the Forum here can control it, nor can the Forum be responsible for the irresponsible behavior of a few. But it does bring the rest a bad name.
Yup, a great many idiots sport this decal, just because they like the slogan, or maybe because they think it makes them seem cool. Given its popularity and how long it's been around, and also just how many idiots like to sport it, today, the likelihood of a bad road user sporting the LTD sticker is unfortunately far higher than a genuine member doing so.

Last edited by supermax : 13th July 2023 at 17:18.
supermax is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 10:01   #8
BHPian

They dragged the motorcycle with a completely blown-out and dislodged tire in the front! I assume they had the altercation earlier and made an attempt to run at which point the mob chased them down and handed over justice. Are the men with white uniforms and red caps part of Police?
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 10:45   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Are the men with white uniforms and red caps part of Police?
Yes, they are the traffic cops belonging to Pondicherry Police force.
noob_petrolmonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 11:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermax View Post
It could even be a case of the original owner of the car being a TBHPian, who's now sold the car
True that. Infact day before yesterday only I saw a S-Cross brought outside our office, sporting Team-BHP stickers. Few minutes later a fellow employee came and started reviewing the vehicle. Turns out that the car was brought in by Spinny and the employee was potential buyer. So, the new buyer gets the stickers whether he follows Team-BHP or not.
AutoNoob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 11:51   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the video in the news earlier. The poor and ageing Honda Civic got these drunk occupants to ferry. Just looking at the way it was dragging a hit and tilted bike unscathed, showed the gravity of the offence committed by the drunk driver. The car came to rest after multiple hits at Muthialpet also knocking down several pedestrians. This drunk driver got only gullible and soft targets enroute, but didn't encounter either a truck or a bus or else the Civic would have been mauled.

The Civic occupants got both instant mob justice and the lessons of their lifetimes. The instant justice is debatable and bad in law, but in such situations, the inherent anger, hotheadedness and mob fury of onlookers overrules any applicable logic.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 14th July 2023 at 11:52.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 12:05   #12
BHPian

It's sad to witness. I can't understand why they choose to drive when they are heavily drunk and completely out of control. It's literally endangering the lives of innocent people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
That said, I don't think this mob violence like this can be justified AT ALL. And they beat up all the passengers to top all that,
The consequences serve as a strong reminder for others to reconsider such behavior in the future. Based on the news, it appears that all the passengers were also drunk. I've personally witnessed too many innocent lives lost due to irresponsible drunk driving.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 16:49   #13
BHPian

As per Vahan's site, the car registration number is TN07AP9967.
  1. Insurance is expired.
  2. Fitness is expired
Ownership was transferred from the first owner to the second owner, but it is unclear what happened after that.

I'm not sure how, without fitness and without insurance, they are running the car.

Puducherry: Drunk driver hits pedestrians and vehicles; thrashed by mob-rc1.png

Last edited by JacksonStorm : 14th July 2023 at 16:51.
JacksonStorm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 17:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

LTD stickers are available on Amazon, i dont understand what is the fuss about sticker being on that car!

In fact i would go one step ahead and say he can also be a bhpian. He is human after all and made a grave error when drunk and in company of his drunk friends.

I would be interested to know how much the driver is fined for this. Here the sole responsibility lies on the person driving, drunk co passengers can go scot free.
silverado is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 20:22   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStorm View Post
I'm not sure how, without fitness and without insurance, they are running the car.
This has become very common in Chennai. Just visit Mogappair area, you will see a number of cars heavily modded (flashy colors, loud exhausts) and creating trouble in roads right under nose of law enforcement. Interestingly most of the cars are Honda First Gen City or Civics which needs fitness but will never pass FC in its current avatar.

Looks like these guys pushed too much of their luck in Pondy and got thrashed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks