Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2024, 19:01   #76
BHPian

Re: Accidents on Thoppur Ghat section of NH-44 (Bangalore-Salem road, 35 km short of Salem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I am unable to think of an alternate route, people coming from Coimbatore can consider the Sathyamangalam route and take either via Kanakpura and join the expressway Madhur.
What is the road condition on this stretch? I remember taking this route while travelling to Coonoor (from Bangalore) circa 2019 and the roads were quite bad between the Chamarajanagar - Sathyamangalam stretch.

This could actually be a good alternative for folks trying to hit the center of Kerala.

However, Google Maps is still showing the Salem-Hosur route as the fastest still.

How long is the Thoppur work expected to continue? Does anyone have any idea?
Old 17th June 2024, 19:20   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents on Thoppur Ghat section of NH-44 (Bangalore-Salem road, 35 km short of Salem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
What is the road condition on this stretch? I remember taking this route while travelling to Coonoor (from Bangalore) circa 2019 and the roads were quite bad between the Chamarajanagar - Sathyamangalam stretch.
Road surface is excellent, there is road widening work happening in the Bangalore - Kanakpura stretch which can be avoided by taking expressway till Madur.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks